Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camcorder Advice Needed!

Options
  • 10-06-2019 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Howayiz,

I've got a Zoom H4N for recording audio, and an iphone.....

I'm trying to record some decent quality music videos to put online, street performances or gigs and stuff. So far the iphone videos aren't exactly working for me.

Looking for something more HQ

So! Anyone any suggestions?
    Thinking of maybe even hiring someone with the proper gear and let them do it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Canon M50, Panasonic Lumix G7, Sony A6300, Black Magic Pocket Cinema 4k.

All capture 4k and all are decent for their respective prices. The footage available on YouTube speaks for itself.

You'll have to be wary of battery life, storage space/card speed, and quirks in terms of auto-focus/low light capture that you should research to get the best out of them for your specific needs.

Also be aware that sometimes cameras ship without a lens, so you might have to get one separately.

The footage these are capable of capturing is incredible, so it's probably worth the effort researching them if you plan on doing this often, rather than hiring someone else.

Technically these are not camcorders but DSLR cameras. Used for the same purpose, but have certain advantages in image quality due to the larger sensors. The drawbacks are reduced battery life and ease of use in terms of focusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭iqmdublin

ah top stuff thanks.
    So basically what I'm looking for is a 4k camera/camcorder?

I had a quick check and apparently I can hook up my Zoom H4N recorder to upgrade the sound of whatever I'm using.

would you think anything in a cheaper bracket would be worth going for? I checked all those cameras and even 2nd hand I'm
    looking €450-600 it seems : /

I was thinking if there was something under €200?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is your iPhone recent?

An X - 8 is honestly plenty. Especially the X/XR. What you need it stabilisation.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stabilizer-Compatible-Smartphones-Capability-Temporarily/dp/B07BR1RC13/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Zhiyun&qid=1560170704&s=gateway&sr=8-4

What you do is setup the Zoom in a good position for audio, start both recording then clap loudly so you can later sync them.

Gimbal, slow movements, no jerking. Less is more.

iphone 5s!! :(

have a tripod and all but its not the sort of quality I'm looking for.

Have 2 quotes from videographers, 200-400€ to record some music performances

Ok so picked up a
    Panasonic Lumix DC-GF10w

with 4k video. Hopefully this is something similar to what was recommended, video seems good so far.

Would a 128gb micro sd card work in this sort of camera? Thinking to ask before I order one. I know some yokes only take up to a certain GB size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It should support any SDXC card.

Advertisement