Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Proof Of Noisy Neighbour

Options
  • 10-06-2019 5:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

For 16 months there has been a neighbour in the flat above and I've had nothing but trouble with him. The housing provider has blamed me for retaliating. Now I think I have proof. I have started this series on YouTube instead of loosing my temper. Should I show this to them?

<SNIP>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Teepinaw

Is he having a rave?
    Are there other neighbours affected?

That would drive me insane. But based on your comment about retaliation, it doesn't seem cut and dry?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Jonathan1990

Teepinaw wrote: »
    Is he having a rave?
    Are there other neighbours affected?

That would drive me insane. But based on your comment about retaliation, it doesn't seem cut and dry?

Yea there's 1 who is having to live with his mum at the moment and won't come back until my upstairs neighbour has moved out which could take months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Having taken a noisy neighbour to court just recently and secured a court order against them, I'd advise taking your evidence down from YouTube. Keep a record of it via video/audio and keep a detailed log noting the date, time and type of noise.

If it's ongoing, bring a noise pollution case against them in your local district court based on the EPA.

That neighbour has been told a number of times but he just doesn't stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

That neighbour has been told a number of times but he just doesn't stop.

It won't help your case in the long run if you have them up on social media making noise. I assume you want the noise to stop? It might come to your needing to take legal action against them which doesn't have to be costly. To open a case is about €20 and you can represent yourself if you choose to.

In the long run you aren't doing yourself any favours. While you may feel powerless and want to force their hand, it's actually your case that you're harming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Link Snipped.

Graham wrote: »
    Mod Note

Link Snipped.

Oh I wasn't sure if you were allowed to share your own YouTube links on Boards.ie so sorry about that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

No problem sharing youtube links in general. Not on to use Boards to boost your social media campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭irish_bhoy82

Hi, how did that go for you. I have a noisy neighbour now for coming up on 2 years. 12 months ago they were issued with a ASBO for 3 months. but it gradually increased again. Was thinking of next step going down the court route. If you do not have audio proof(I've tried but it doesn't come out clearly on my phone) Is it still worth pursuing with records of dates and times? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I did this re a neighbour who left his dog staked out in the field by my home to bark non stop.

I first contacted EPA who advised re court, and the first step was a letter to the noisy one informing them of your intention in formal terms. The noise stopped. and they said that often happens. I think it costs E20 and no need for a soliticitor. Had they not stopped I would have needed eg precise details

Maybe call EPA? They are excellent. environmental protection agency

• Advertisement
Advertisement