Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bmw f30 brake pads

• 10-06-2019 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi all bought a f30 2 months ago got a notice today front brake pads need be changed. wondering is there alot garages that can turn off the warning when you go to them as dont fancy going to my bmw dealer as its not near me its a county away. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any local garage should be able to check the pads, and turn off the warning as needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

revoke12 wrote: »
    Hi all bought a f30 2 months ago got a notice today front brake pads need be changed. wondering is there alot garages that can turn off the warning when you go to them as dont fancy going to my bmw dealer as its not near me its a county away. thanks.

Easy enough to turn off yourself and 30 minute job to change them.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888908

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

biko wrote: »
    Any local garage should be able to check the pads, and turn off the warning as needed.

thanks wondering can any local garage update the service history too i wonder? Thanks first time with a newish car so all these electronics are new to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If the car is very new, always check with the dealer for a quote.
    Then check with 2/3 local mechanics.
    Compare and decide.

Any mechanic can fill in and stamp the service book, yes.

biko wrote: »
    If the car is very new, always check with the dealer for a quote.
    Then check with 2/3 local mechanics.
    Compare and decide.

Any mechanic can fill in and stamp the service book, yes.

its 2013 - the service history is saved on the computer so theres no book per say but will ring my local garage today and find out . Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Whocare

It won't be able to turn off the brake pad warning because the sensors are worn and the had to be replaced with new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

revoke12 wrote: »
    thanks wondering can any local garage update the service history too i wonder? Thanks first time with a newish car so all these electronics are new to me :)

No, it needs to be a garage with the correct licensed software that can update the digital service history.

Also brake pads including wear sensors need to be replaced, (they have separate part numbers).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Diddy McGarrigle

Hi, I know im responding to totally the wrong post but I just opened the account. Not sure how to use it. Would you please have the contact number for Betty Gun phsychic in Ballyvolane?
    Thanks.

Hi, I know im responding to totally the wrong post but I just opened the account. Not sure how to use it. Would you please have the contact number for Betty Gun phsychic in Ballyvolane?
    Thanks.

yes no problem il send you a private message there with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If Betty is really a psychic then she should be contacting you? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement