Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 1 Screen Separation

Options
  • 10-06-2019 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭

My screen has separated slightly from the case.

Apparently this happened a bit in Series 1 due to battery bulge, and that seems to be what happened here. Apple apparently used to replace up to 3 years but as it is 3.5 years old I seem to be out of luck (I also purchased in the US).

Apple will give me a repair (i.e. replacement) for 277 - a princely 22 less than the purchase price new.

Anyone familiar with this issue has any idea of a simple repair? I've read some people online simply glueing it back and hoping for the best.

Another option is to ebay it for 30-40 quid (people seem to buy damaged ones) and put that towards a new series 4 one somewhere down the line.

Advertisement