Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch replacement for 2007 Toyota Avensis 1.6P

Options
  • 10-06-2019 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,
    My 2007 Toyota Avensis (1.6 petrol) seems to be having slipping clutch issue. Sometimes if I try to accelerate suddenly or on a uphill, the rev indicator just goes up and comes down without much of an acceleration. I can even feel there isn't much pull. The mileage is 170,000 kms.

Do I need to replace the clutch or would it be repairable? Also how much it might cost to replace it with a new one?
    Any pointers to any garage in Dublin or Galway to do the job in a competitive price would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Sounds like the clutch alright, somewhat low mileage for that to go unless it's been clocked or a previous driver wasn't very kind to it. If it's slipping, it needs replacement. Any competent mechanic can do this, don't know cost for this car but I'd imagine it's not ridiculously expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

somewhat low mileage for that to go unless it's been clocked

Ah stop.

170000 kms/ 12 years? Sound reasonable to me. We've no idea what kind of life the car has lead, but it's certainly not outside the norm.

Sure, some could do more, but it owes them nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Clutch job is around €400 for the VVTi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mitra

Thanks folks for the input. After getting quotes from few different places, I went to Euro Clutch And Gearbox Service Centre in Baldoyle, Dublin. Got the job done for €340. Friendly staff and very profession!
    Looks like the job is done nicely, clutch now feels smooth and there isn't much of power loss now. Have been driving for few days now with the new clutch, it feels good. However I stalled the car few time, I think i need to get adjusted to the softer setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mitra

mitra wrote: »
    Thanks folks for the input. After getting quotes from few different places, I went to Euro Clutch And Gearbox Service Centre in Baldoyle, Dublin. Got the job done for €340. Friendly staff and very profession!
    Looks like the job is done nicely, clutch now feels smooth and there isn't much of power loss now. Have been driving for few days now with the new clutch, it feels good. However I stalled the car few time, I think i need to get adjusted to the softer setting.

Been almost 2.5 yrs and 30k+ kms, it is still going very good. No issue at all. I'd highly recommend the Euro Clutch folks! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement