Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Computer

Options
  • 10-06-2019 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for a relatively cheap bike computer. Garmin too dear for all the cycling I do.

I have seen Bryton rider 10 E, VDO and Sigma brands. All roughly between 50 and E100

Could anyone tell me if these are worth getting?

I just want to record the ride and upload to strava. Very basic use.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

I'm selling this stuff in case you would be interested - price has been lowered considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use your phone (turn on airplane to save battery).

The €160 Bryton got destroyed by GPS Llama for some mission critical flaws. There are also a few rebadges of the same unit. Something worth getting starts at about €240 new. Even looking at second hand the Elemnt Bolt from wahoo sells for €160 used.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

When I started off I used a Garmin edge 25, it cost me €80 in Aldi, can be bought for a about 60-70 second hand, ticked all the boxes for me initially, sold mine for €10 less than I bought it for and never had any issues with the battery. I would suggest something like that secondhand or go with the phone suggestion above

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

On android, try OsmAnd with downloadable maps, trip recording and navigation. Dunno about strava upload, might be a manual thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Cionn wrote: »
    When I started off I used a Garmin edge 25, it cost me €80 in Aldi, can be bought for a about 60-70 second hand, ticked all the boxes for me initially, sold mine for €10 less than I bought it for and never had any issues with the battery. I would suggest something like that secondhand or go with the phone suggestion above
    €90 in Halfords now if OP is stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

€90 in Halfords now if OP is stuck.

There was 15% off two weeks ago too. Edge 130 gets good reviews too though for something very basic, although 140€ or so from Amazon Germany is probably the cheapest you'll find that

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tcooley

Thanks all for the help. I have a 2nd hand Garmin located so I think I will go with that.

Advertisement