Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall Guys (PC/PS4) The BR to end all BR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Brozy wrote: »
    Can't get past slime climb, can't for the life of me cross that second beam, always bottle it. 4 or 5 attempts with no joy. Very few seem to qualify through it so mastering that would go a long way to actually winning a game.

I despise the tag tail events. Players on your own team robbing your tail drives me insane.

I like the football ones although they shouldn't be possible with uneven numbers. So stupid.

Yet to get a win either although it says I've 1 but don't remember it.

You get a crown at level 5 - that'll be it maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Brozy wrote:
    Yet to get a win either although it says I've 1 but don't remember it.

Think you get a crown for reaching level 5. Another at level 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

That's it so, thanks for clearing that up.

The see-saw one is probably the most enjoyable, if you start near the front you've a great chance of getting through. Anywhere near the back and you're in the lap of the gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I quite like the invisible path one. It's gas having a ton of players on one square, everyone afraid to try the next one and pushing & shoving players onto surrounding squares.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Got my second win last night on Hexagone, it was my first time playing it but I had read the comments on here. I may have fecked over everyone else, because I diberately went down a few levels and ran around the middle of them, then dropped down to the last, did the same and made my way to the outside.... I won with plenty of tiles left around me.

Got to the final of the tail one, don't like it. I had the tail for the majority of it, and lost it in the last 5 seconds. The team version isn't too bad, but the end game one sucks. Also haven't had any of the football ones yet. And won my first egg one, but i had a good team.

Needs less team and more solo ones, or separate them out. Still feel there was a lot more in this game deliberately removed to prolong the life/seasons. And 2 months is too long for new content.

• Advertisement

Brozy wrote: »
    That's it so, thanks for clearing that up.

The see-saw one is probably the most enjoyable, if you start near the front you've a great chance of getting through. Anywhere near the back and you're in the lap of the gods.

I hated the see-saw one for the first few sessions, just couldn't get with it. Then someone on here gave a couple tips, one being to dive onto platforms that were tipped quite a bit, it can stop you sliding off if timed right - and it's been working, I get through every time on that one now and kinda like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

The football one is my least favourite, ive only played a couple of rounds mind, but when your team is chasing the 1 ball while you play keeper and the other team all over you. Bad times.

I like the gane though, is it two player by any chance? Would be a game the missus would enjoy playing online side by side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Playing this a bit now as well. The push the ball one is great crack. At least twice I've qualified not because we pushed the ball fastest but because we stile another teams ball and got brought it back up to the top of the slope.

Would this still be free when it goes off PSN? Seems to be a fairly harmless set up with costumes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

fixXxer wrote: »
    Playing this a bit now as well. The push the ball one is great crack. At least twice I've qualified not because we pushed the ball fastest but because we stile another teams ball and got brought it back up to the top of the slope.

Would this still be free when it goes off PSN? Seems to be a fairly harmless set up with costumes etc

It's €20 without PS+ but I reckon they're making money while they can with the hype because this smacks of a F2P game.

That egg basket team game is a sh*t show. Don't mind any other level but that ones a joke. Seems to be on heavy rotation today too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Team games are the worst by far don't particularly enjoy any of them the hoop one and egg are probably my favorite i just camp in someone else egg area and keep throwing them out if you time your jump and release and you can launch it above the steps do you never need to leave the egg area can empty them out pretty fast and get a win if your team is semi competent which is a lot to ask for at times, soccer is my least favorite

I can't believe people actually cheat on this game, how sad do you have to be? https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/10/21361802/fall-guys-ultimate-knockout-cheats-hacks-speed-flying-playstation-plus-steam-mediatonic

Actually what am I saying, it's not surprising at all really. Many players these days are nothing but stat whores, they don't care about the experience they just want to brag to their mates that they have more points/crowns/wins

One of the vids on there is hilarious, guy using a speed hack, gets to the crown long before the rest then fails 3 times to grab it and loses lol. Hacking and still losing ... pathetic :D I would rather never get a win than be that guy

yeah ive had about three games with speed hackers and only one of them did the hacker actually win lol

Dave1711 wrote: »
    yeah ive had about three games with speed hackers and only one of them did the hacker actually win lol

Always good to see cheaters with egg on their face, there should be a way to direct report them like in other games [world of tanks is one I recall] I don't play it anymore but I remember it was riddled with cheaters at one time [aiming and no re-load hacks, using bots to enter multiple battles, team killing etc - team damage was eventually removed from that game] You could click on their profile and report, maybe the FG team will implement something like this, they say they are looking into it.

Trouble is, they're probably winning more than losing overall, games that require speed only like the tail chase [who's going to catch them?] or what if they can just sprint across the hex path level? They're going to be straight across the see-saw level too [that's never a final round at least] - but even when they fail on end, they're taking legit player's place, they're going to get to more finals than they normally would

In such a fun, party type game you'd have to be seriously terrible to want to cheat. I mean, I'm not very good at it, can get to the final a lot of the time but never win - won't stop me trying, but it'll certainly not make me want to cheat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

a lot of the time it's not the winning that matters to cheaters but the spoiling of fun for others. I often play against the bots on COD to warm up, I'm bored after 5 minutes
    You look at some of the KDRs on Warzone 30-40 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jump Showdown finale level coming back into rotation after patching out an exploit:
    https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1293208481848270851

More levels coming too by the sound of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Jump Showdown finale level coming back into rotation after patching out an exploit:
    https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1293208481848270851

More levels coming too by the sound of it!

Also lowering odds of Royal Fumble being the final level to add more variety, which is great because it's easily the worst of the final levels.

Great i hated all the final events tbh hexagone was alright but this looks a step in the right direction event wise

Closest round ever of Royal Fumble just now. Two of us flanked the guy with the tail as he was being chased by others, final second, I grabbed tail off him and another guy grabbed tail off me, but it must have happened a millisecond after the clock hit zero because it gave me the win. Though I have heard it's possible to get a draw (heard of it happening on Fall Mountain between two guys in the same party), so perhaps he also got the win.

Round before that was Fall Ball. 6 players on each team. Finished 14-0 to us. We got about 6 goals really quickly so three of them ended up leaving. We didn't do anything particularly different to score so fast, just a bit of luck.

In the Crown finale today was first to the crown but couldn't grab it - guy got up behind me and took it few sec later. Very annoying. Closest I came to 2nd victory...

• Advertisement

Any word on bigger parties than 4 people? I get they don't want people boosting but even 8 in a party would make a big difference.

If they are bringing in bigger parties, it should be for modes separate to the main one. It'll only end in griefing if parties of 8 or so are allowed in the main game, with most of the party griefing the others to ensure someone in their party wins. So maybe a party v party mode would suit, but for the main modes it should stay separate, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Is there anything more frustrating than when you have a perfect diving header lined up in the football game, but then one of your eejit teammates jumps into you and puts you on your arse

Penn wrote: »
    Closest round ever of Royal Fumble just now. Two of us flanked the guy with the tail as he was being chased by others, final second, I grabbed tail off him and another guy grabbed tail off me, but it must have happened a millisecond after the clock hit zero because it gave me the win. Though I have heard it's possible to get a draw (heard of it happening on Fall Mountain between two guys in the same party), so perhaps he also got the win.

Round before that was Fall Ball. 6 players on each team. Finished 14-0 to us. We got about 6 goals really quickly so three of them ended up leaving. We didn't do anything particularly different to score so fast, just a bit of luck.

Just won another Fall Ball 9-0. How are people so bad at this?

3 crowns tonight. Two Royal Fumbles and a Fall Mountain. Would have been 4 but f*cked up a jump on Hexagone.

Penn wrote: »
    Just won another Fall Ball 9-0. How are people so bad at this?

3 crowns tonight. Two Royal Fumbles and a Fall Mountain. Would have been 4 but f*cked up a jump on Hexagone.

Because no one stays back and everyone just ball chases drives me mad. And people dont really understand the hit mechanics either

Just had my first game of the football one (is that fall ball?). What a load of Bollox. I was clear with the ball about to score and one of my own guys knocked out away from me and it went wide. Lost 6-1. Never knew the egg was for 5 goals :(

Hope they eventually separate solo and team games. The team ones are the pits.

Anyone else almost always on the one colour in team games? 9/10 times I'm yellow, the other 1/10 blue. Don't think I've ever been red or green team.

I just finished the egg one, and yeah, every time I'm yellow. Have never been any other colour.

• Advertisement

Been yellow every time in the egg basket, have only gotten to play footy one time - I'd much rather that than the eggs tbh.

Advertisement