Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall Guys (PC/PS4) The BR to end all BR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Josuke

Infernum wrote: »
    Fall Guys has the best social media management of any game I've seen yet.

Have to agree with you, it's very impressive how they're interacting with celebrities and other companies. I've no doubt plenty of collaborations are incoming

Lost four times in Jump Showdown last night, once in Fall Mountain and twice in Hex-A-Gone.

First time getting Jump Showdown yesterday, need to watch a couple of guides on YouTube. Won twice in Hex-A-Gone at least. Is there a scoreboard/game time tracker being introduced soon? Falling into the same trap when Fortnite came out, there's just a great feeling about winning in BR games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Markitron wrote:
    Oh and it will 100% be a ****show getting this on release without a pre-order.

Josuke wrote:
    Lost four times in Jump Showdown last night, once in Fall Mountain and twice in Hex-A-Gone.

Was Jump Showdown a final? Hope thats back in rotation.

Got a win yesterday, thats 3 now but god I'd hate to see any win/ loss ratio. Must be about 400 to 3 at this stage if not more !!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Josuke wrote: »

First time getting Jump Showdown yesterday, need to watch a couple of guides on YouTube. Won twice in Hex-A-Gone at least. Is there a scoreboard/game time tracker being introduced soon? Falling into the same trap when Fortnite came out, there's just a great feeling about winning in BR games

For Jump Showdown, the most important bit of advice is to keep the camera where you can see if the top and bottom bars are going to be lined up with each other, as then you can't jump without being hit by the top bar so you're almost certain to get knocked off (it's why the camera panning by itself was such an issue for me as you were constantly trying to keep the camera in a good position).

Stay at the front of your platform and towards the outside of it. Being at the front means you have more space to run backwards and jump if you need to (again, if the bottom and top bars are aligned) and more room for error as even if you tip either bar it'll knock you backwards a bit. Staying towards the outside of the platform also means more space between the bars due to their length.

As for how the platforms fall away, I'd say at the start just keep making sure you're on a platform with another platform immediately on both sides. That should increase the odds you'll be on one of the final platforms, but it's also fairly random so hard to know.

Only one win for me last night on Royal Fumble. Fall Mountain used to be my safest bet but now it's becoming my Everest.

Came across a hacker. Hilarious to see. He fly to the end of the seesaw one then seemed to get eliminated in the team tail tag one. Cheating in this means he has to watch and wait for everyone else to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

finally got round to playing this last night played one game finished top 4, got done by the total wipeout one with the spinning beams.

can see why some people get so frustrated with it mind haha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Was Jump Showdown a final? Hope thats back in rotation.

Got a win yesterday, thats 3 now but god I'd hate to see any win/ loss ratio. Must be about 400 to 3 at this stage if not more !!

Mine would be something similar. I probably only win about 20-25% of my games in the last round, it's mostly the team games that prevent me from getting there. Especially Fall Roll, always get landed in teams where three players decide to run ahead slowing everything down

Penn wrote: »
    For Jump Showdown, the most important bit of advice is to keep the camera where you can see if the top and bottom bars are going to be lined up with each other, as then you can't jump without being hit by the top bar so you're almost certain to get knocked off (it's why the camera panning by itself was such an issue for me as you were constantly trying to keep the camera in a good position).

Stay at the front of your platform and towards the outside of it. Being at the front means you have more space to run backwards and jump if you need to (again, if the bottom and top bars are aligned) and more room for error as even if you tip either bar it'll knock you backwards a bit. Staying towards the outside of the platform also means more space between the bars due to their length.

As for how the platforms fall away, I'd say at the start just keep making sure you're on a platform with another platform immediately on both sides. That should increase the odds you'll be on one of the final platforms, but it's also fairly random so hard to know.

Only one win for me last night on Royal Fumble. Fall Mountain used to be my safest bet but now it's becoming my Everest.

I'll give those tips a try, thanks very much. It seems it always ends with two platforms so it's probably a little easier when they end of side by side. Then again, that means more players alongside you and more potential to fall. I actually can't decide what's more annoying, losing based on my own careless mistiming or getting clocked by another player.

I used to find Fall Mountain much easier too. I don't know is it that other players have improved or if it's down to me being sloppy but I'm losing way more regularly now. Also for the first time missed the crown while jumping and threw an entire game, infuriating stuff

Josuke wrote: »
    I'll give those tips a try, thanks very much. It seems it always ends with two platforms so it's probably a little easier when they end of side by side. Then again, that means more players alongside you and more potential to fall. I actually can't decide what's more annoying, losing based on my own careless mistiming or getting clocked by another player.

I used to find Fall Mountain much easier too. I don't know is it that other players have improved or if it's down to me being sloppy but I'm losing way more regularly now. Also for the first time missed the crown while jumping and threw an entire game, infuriating stuff

Yeah another reason why staying to the front of the platform is best. I've been knocked off by other players getting hit in the past too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Not sure I like how many of the new modes have grabbing and moving objects. It's a hateful enough mechanic as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not sure I like how many of the new modes have grabbing and moving objects. It's a hateful enough mechanic as it is.

And that's totally not gonna lead to clowns dragging the objects to the wrong side of the map for the lols. Looking forward to giving it a lash though.

I see Neil Druckmann got the platinum today. That pretty much confirms no dlc for TLOU 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yay new levels ... Also new costumes: meh ... about the least interesting part of it. I mean, they add a nice splash of variety and colour but when a new one comes out about 40/60 players don it and it loses appeal fast. But ... over time the older costumes will become a bit of a collector's thing - if you have ones that no longer exist it can show off that you're a bit of a vet.

Don't like the look of the moveable platforms because I know that'll just get frustrating and trollish but should be fun for a bit of a change to start. I'm bored of all the current levels right now, bored of the game over all tbh but new season should give it some [short term at least] boost

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    And that's totally not gonna lead to clowns dragging the objects to the wrong side of the map for the lols. Looking forward to giving it a lash though.

I see Neil Druckmann got the platinum today. That pretty much confirms no dlc for TLOU 2 :)

Well fair play to him, because the platinum is bullsh*t. Theres one trophy for winning 5 episodes in a row. Between the sheer randomness of the game and the team modes, that's just next to impossible. I did manage 3 in a row and a few 2 in a rows, but 5? You need an insane amount of luck rather than skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Fall Guys song cuz why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fall Guys song cuz why not.

Pity it's not good...

Pity it's not good...

Yeah not their best work. Check out there Todd Howard song for a good laugh though.

• Advertisement

Few more wins yesterday have taken me to Level 40.

I'll check back in when season 2 starts, but going to take a break for a while. On the whole though, a brilliant game. Always a lot of fun even with its flaws. So easy to pick up and play with a spare 20mins or so, and never hugely frustrating when you lose as you can go straight into another game and go for it again.

Few more wins yesterday have taken me to Level 40.

I'll check back in when season 2 starts, but going to take a break for a while. On the whole though, a brilliant game. Always a lot of fun even with its flaws. So easy to pick up and play with a spare 20mins or so, and never hugely frustrating when you lose as you can go straight into another game and go for it again.

I wonder will they accelerate S2, it seems a long wait from now until October. No doubt there will be a bunch of Halloween costumes available too.

Think I'm gonna wait until S2 too, or at the very least limit the time I play it to an hour or two every week. It's so easy to pick up and play and when you're in the mindset of chasing wins the hours can fly by

I tried ... just not getting into it. I got sick of the music and in game sounds real fast, and I really dislike about half of the levels. Thought it'd grow on me, maybe next season when they switch things up a bit, but whenever I jump in I lose the desire to care about winning after about 3 games. If I could exchange it even for a small percentage of the cost I would. Pity Steam don't do some type of trade back in offer - I know you can get a refund if you've played less than 2 hrs of a game, but it'd be cool if they even offered 20% back for games you tried for a little longer

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

I like it.
    you know that moment when your just bored of your main games and want 30min break.

except for that bloody SeeSaw level :(:(:(

Parsnips wrote: »
    I like it.
    you know that moment when your just bored of your main games and want 30min break.

I love the seesaw level. The trick is to take an early lead and stay in first :pac: Also, dive if you are jumping onto a slanty platform. You grab it instead of sliding off.

I like it.

Yeah that's how I was hoping it would go for me when I bought it. But it just never really clicked, and it's not because I couldn't win, I find myself in the final round most games so I'm sure if I stuck with I'd get a couple. I just started to find it a bit nauseating after a few hours total play. I was also watching a lot of it on Twitch streams which maybe added to it beginning to feel a bit one trick pony.

Funilly enough, See-saw is one of the few levels I like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

I feel they could maybe speed the whole thing up by maybe 20 or 30%.
    the speed does annoy me tbh

I feel they could maybe speed the whole thing up by maybe 20 or 30%.
    the speed does annoy me tbh

Only tend to realise how long some levels take when you finish in the top 5 and it takes ages for others to finish, especially See Saw & Whirlygig. Plus the tail ones, I just do nothing until there's about 30-40 seconds left, then grab a tail (and usually if you're standing still they just run right past you). Otherwise you have to try keep your tail for over a minute.

https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1301188864162267137?s=20

Like how they'll probably throw things like this in from time to time to keep things interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

EmmaGray wrote: »
    Has anyone of you had any wins?

None yet for me. Played about 15 games or so thus far.

Really seems to be a game about making no mistakes

Advertisement