Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husqvarna ride-on mower Steering strained

Options
  • 10-06-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hi

Driving my ride on the other day the front wheel caught the corner or a wall as i entered the garage and has strained the steering.

When the steering wheel is at centre the wheels now turned at an angle. Looking at the asssembly in the ling below iam struggling to see what has strained.

The push drag link or the steering gear are the only possibility. The drag link is a solid piece of metal, not sure if that is bent.

Anyone experience in what could be strained?

www.ransomspares.co.uk/diagram/husqvarna/ride-on-mowers/844027/cth140%20twin%20(960610192)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The tie rod ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Took the tie rod off, according to on line measurements it fine. Struggling see whats strained, but what ever it is it's out by 1.5"

Steering wheel is at 12 o clock the wheels are off by a good 40 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Link doesn’t work for me, are both wheels angled off in the one direction ? If so can you pop off the steering wheel and refit to correct angle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Ya tried that but the stearing gear which allows to movement from side to side is off then.

Ya both wheels are off the same. Think I'll I have to bend the link rod slightly and see. Solid piece of bar, might need some heat on it.

I'll have another look at it tomorrow before I do anything.

Advertisement