Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Davy Crocket Ranch Euro Disney or Alternatives

• 10-06-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I'm just wondering has anyone stayed here before?

I've looked into it and seen there is no shuttle bus. But can rent a car looking for advice on how the drive from the airports to the ranch and then daily to euro disney are? Is it worth it? Or best off booking one with a shuttle bus available?

If not has anyone any recommendations for were to stay? We're looking at going in December.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Driving is very straightforward.

Davy Crockett Ranch is well signposted off the dual-carriage way.

We used Google Maps to get us to the DLP car park which is 10-15 minutes away.

Certainly didn't miss having access to a shuttle bus.

Less of a "Disney" experience at the ranch and no character meet & greets. Pool is great though.

We stayed in late November. For the savings we made it was well worth forgoing the shuttle bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

We stayed in Davy Crockett range a couple of years ago as we had granny with us and was the only option for a party of 5.

It was fine, but in a woodland setting so a bit basic. I disagree about no meet and greet options. Goofy paid us a visit, chauferred in a golf cart and as we were staying in a disney lodge, we had free parking at the park itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

We have stayed here twice and would again. Both times were part of a longer holiday in France so had the Car and it worked for us.
    Drive is v easy between the Ranch and the Park and the fact that you get Parking and access to the Magic Hours was a big plus for us too.
    Loved the Pool and we always prefer self-catering.
    Found the relative peace and quiet of the Ranch a good antidote to the Parks.
    We met Goofy, Pluto & Minnie there in a much less crowded setting.
    Would recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Thanks for all the reply and info it's certainly reassuring.

For us bar the shuttle bus the Davy Crocket Ranch is the one that ticks the most boxes in terms of what were looking for.

We also love the look of the place and the pool looks amazing.

Has anyone else rented a car whilst staying There? Had a quick look found cars for around the 130 mark which is quite good I thought.

The meet and greet in the ranch is a big plus to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭imp1

We were in Disney earlier this year, the taxi transfer from the airport (CDG) was a god send, from memory €60 odd, for 4, which was cheaper/easier/quicker that the Disney transfer. Weren't in the Davy Crocket Ranch so no insight there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Ninesell

I don’t think they have character encounters in Davy Crockett ranch either.

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-ie/my-disneyland/brochure/

They have a comparison table of the hotels in the above brochure on page 69 and encounters are not listed for Davy Crockett Ranch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

It has been 4 years since we were there so maybe things have changed but we met 2 Characters each of the 2 times we stayed there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

We stayed in Davy Crockett range a couple of years ago as we had granny with us and was the only option for a party of 5.

It was fine, but in a woodland setting so a bit basic. I disagree about no meet and greet options. Goofy paid us a visit, chauferred in a golf cart and as we were staying in a disney lodge, we had free parking at the park itself.

That's one of things that annoys me about DLP. Nearly every standard room in Disney World has the ability to take five people, but they're extremely rare in Paris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

imp1 wrote: »
    We were in Disney earlier this year, the taxi transfer from the airport (CDG) was a god send, from memory €60 odd, for 4, which was cheaper/easier/quicker that the Disney transfer. Weren't in the Davy Crocket Ranch so no insight there.

Took the magical express from the airport, got a taxi on return. Won't use the Magical express again given the cost difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

We stayed in Davy Crockett Ranch in 2017 and we are just back from a stay in Newport Bay Club (walking distance to park but quite a bit more expensive)

I wanted to stay walking distance to the parks this time, because we found with DCR, with the best will in the world, it wasn’t really feasible to leave the park for a rest in the afternoon and return for the evening. And our kids are too young to stay in the parks from morning til night. That is the main disadvantage to DCR in my eyes. The ‘cabins’ themselves are very basic, but they are comfortable at the same time. They are basically mobile homes with woodchip wallpaper to make them look woodsy! The pool is nice, there is a decent shop onsite with basic food items, it’s dear but not extortionately so when you consider the prices in the rest of Disney. There are also a couple of big supermarkets within a 10 min drive if you want to stock up. There is a fridge, microwave, hob and kettle in DCR, no oven and you have to request a toaster and pay a refundable deposit.

You have a parking spot right outside the door. In Newport Bay, our room was ages away from Reception, probably a 7 min walk and another 15 mins to the park so quite a lot of walking if you don’t want to take the shuttle. There is nothing in the rooms in NPB, no fridge, no kettle, nothing. So if like us, you’re not on a meal plan, you can’t keep any perishable food in your room or even keep a bottle of wine cold. We found we saved a lot in DCR by being able to make basic lunches for the kids and being able to have a couple of drinks in the evening. Food and drink is expensive in Disney and mine are fussy eaters so this time we found we were ordering them meals that went to waste.

There are pluses and minuses to both, I wouldn’t consider the lack of character meets to be a disadvantage, there are plenty of opportunities to meet characters in the parks and any time I passed the queue in Newport Bay, it was as long as the ones in the park so not a big advantage in my eyes.

Getting to the parks from DCR is easy peasy, it’s well signposted and it’s only about 10 mins there and 5 mins back. Parking is free in the parks if you are staying in DCR. If your are a family of 5, then I wouldn't hesitate to stay in DCR, but if you are 4 and less and there isn't a big price difference, then location would probably swing it for me, and even with some of the downsides, I would probably chose to stay in one of the hotels that are walking distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭manshay

Hi

I'm just wondering has anyone stayed here before?

I've looked into it and seen there is no shuttle bus. But can rent a car looking for advice on how the drive from the airports to the ranch and then daily to euro disney are? Is it worth it? Or best off booking one with a shuttle bus available?

If not has anyone any recommendations for were to stay? We're looking at going in December.

Thanks

Have you considered the centre parcs located next door to Davy Crockett? It was in the process of being built when we stayed at Davy Crockett. The accomodation is likely to be better than the Davy Crockett. It will be proper buildings rather than the mobile homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

manshay wrote: »
    Have you considered the centre parcs located next door to Davy Crockett? It was in the process of being built when we stayed at Davy Crockett. The accomodation is likely to be better than the Davy Crockett. It will be proper buildings rather than the mobile homes.

When I was there a few years ago, Davy Crockett was wooden log cabins, not mobile homes. Not great, but functional. Also if you stay outside of the Disney offering, I think you then have to pay for your parking. Just something to consider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭manshay

When I was there a few years ago, Davy Crockett was wooden log cabins, not mobile homes. Not great, but functional. Also if you stay outside of the Disney offering, I think you then have to pay for your parking. Just something to consider.

The ones we stayed in were mobile homes with wood stuck to the outside to appear like wooden log cabins. Ours was finished to a higher standard than 'normal' mobile homes on campsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Crank Stain

manshay wrote: »

We stayed in the Davy Crockett last year and had free passes to the Centre Park next door as the pool in DCR was being renovated. I wouldn't recommend Centre Park as a base for DLP as it can take 20-30 minutes to get offsite as it's a car free zone and transport is via an onsite electric bus. It's probably grand if you are staying on site but not as a base for DLP.

The facilities were excellent but it's more expensive than the main Disneyland hotel, and although it's physically beside DCR you have to take the earlier motorway exit to access it, so it's a fair bit away from DLP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So just a quick update and to say thanks for all the replies.

We didn't end up booking the DCR as much as it ticked a lot of boxes for us.

We ended up booking the Sequioa Lodge we got a good offer of half board that worked out cheaper than DCR before we even factored in the price of booking a rental car and were now onsite.

If anyone has any good tips for Disney in general that would be great or even experience of the Sequioa Lodge.

Advertisement