Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS PARKING Bon Jovi 16th june 2019

Options
  • 10-06-2019 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

Heading to the Bon jovi Concert sunday 16th june in the rds. No local buses are going from where I live and I thinking of driving up havent done it in 15yrs. Best place to park?? Years ago I remember my mate parked in a parking area close by. Is it still there for concert events or would i be mad to think ill get parking nearby. Even a short walking distance would suit if anyone has any ideas Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I go regularly to rugby matches there and if I have to drive I go for the roads up behind Herbert Park and Pembroke Road. Set your Sat Nav for Elgin Road / Clyde Road / Raglan Road / Wellington Road and I'd be shocked if you don't find a space. You may have to pay and display, but keep an eye out for the timeplates, most don't have it on a Sunday but some do. From there its about 10 mins walk to the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I go regularly to rugby matches there and if I have to drive I go for the roads up behind Herbert Park and Pembroke Road. Set your Sat Nav for Elgin Road / Clyde Road / Raglan Road / Wellington Road and I'd be shocked if you don't find a space. You may have to pay and display, but keep an eye out for the timeplates, most don't have it on a Sunday but some do. From there its about 10 mins walk to the RDS

Would the local roads not be closed for the day of the concerts ? I am heading on Saturday, would we be better off getting the Luas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Pembroke wanderers hockey club. Right around the corner from the RDS. Big car park that is manned during the concert. I've used them a few times driving up from Kerry and will be using them again on Saturday. Tenner per car afair. Can contact them through Facebook or email to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Would the local roads not be closed for the day of the concerts ? I am heading on Saturday, would we be better off getting the Luas?

The Luas doesn't go anywhere near the RDS, DART to Sandymount you need.

Some roads are closed but not the ones I mention if you approach from Ranelagh /Leeson St direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I go regularly to rugby matches there and if I have to drive I go for the roads up behind Herbert Park and Pembroke Road. Set your Sat Nav for Elgin Road / Clyde Road / Raglan Road / Wellington Road and I'd be shocked if you don't find a space. You may have to pay and display.....

+1 Wellington Road is free on Saturdays and Sundays so Raglan Road is probably the same as it's even less busy. But don't take any chances, even at the weekend, that whole area is in the yellow (most expensive) zone and is regularly patrolled by the clampers.
    Would the local roads not be closed for the day of the concerts ?

Which streets are you thinking of? They don't close the Merrion Road, Clyde Road, Elgin Road or Pembroke Road on the days of intenationals in Lansdowne Road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

The Luas doesn't go anywhere near the RDS, DART to Sandymount you need.

Some roads are closed but not the ones I mention if you approach from Ranelagh /Leeson St direction.

P+R at the Red Cow or Cheeverstown if coming from the SW then Luas to Abbey Street and 4 or 7/a from O'Connell Bridge almost directly to the door of the door of the RDS. Probably the best bet if coming from the SW and using public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

Free parking everyday on one side of Herbert park after 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I have been to almost all Bruce Springsteen concerts there over the years and each time I went early and parked in the Simmonscourt Complex car park.It costs about €10 to park there but it is so convenient as it is literally just across the road from the main arena.I have been to the horse there on a few occasions and as Simmonscourt is not available for parking then I parked on Herbert Road which is only a short distance away and I think parking is free there on Saturdays and Sundays

traceyarts wrote: »
    Hi all,

Heading to the Bon jovi Concert sunday 16th june in the rds. No local buses are going from where I live and I thinking of driving up havent done it in 15yrs. Best place to park?? Years ago I remember my mate parked in a parking area close by. Is it still there for concert events or would i be mad to think ill get parking nearby. Even a short walking distance would suit if anyone has any ideas Thank you.

That parking area nearby is probably Simmonscourt.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    P+R at the Red Cow or Cheeverstown if coming from the SW then Luas to Abbey Street and 4 or 7/a from O'Connell Bridge almost directly to the door of the door of the RDS. Probably the best bet if coming from the SW and using public transport.

What makes you think the OP is coming from the SW?

• Advertisement

Just saw on Twitter that the Simmonscourt car park is full as of 5 30 pm this evening for anyone going to Fleetwood Mac,so for anyone going to upcoming shows it is easily accessed if you go early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

coylemj wrote: »

Because only people from the SW are Bon Jovi fans!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Because only people from the SW are Bon Jovi fans!

Well the cops are obviously expecting lots of culchies because they've invoked the nuclear option - yellow 'no parking' cones - on Sandymount Ave.

A sure sign they expect complete anarchy with people abandoning cars all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

coylemj wrote: »

That's why I said if. The Naas road is probably the main artery into Dublin and the Luas is in close proximity.

Advertisement