Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Securewatch HKC - Tamper alarm

Options
  • 10-06-2019 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I was sitting at home today, alarm off, when I heard what sounded like a clicking noise outside my house.

The alarm then went off & when I switched it off, the panel read 'Code Tamper'.

After a few Googles around this site & elsewhere, I now think that perhaps the clicking which preceded the alarm going off was a magpie or other bird pecking at the external alarm box under my eaves at front of the house. Birds sometimes do fly around & sit on the phone wires which stretch under our eaves & which are very close to our external alarm box.

Is this possible ? There were no other external events or potential intruders.

Thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Code Tamper means that the incorrect code was inputted to a keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

kub wrote: »
    Code Tamper means that the incorrect code was inputted to a keypad.

Alarm was off & panel hadn't been touched for 24 hours+

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

banchang wrote: »
    Alarm was off & panel hadn't been touched for 24 hours+

Could a button have been stuck in on the keypad.
    This would explain the magpie you heard beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Thanks for reply - no I don't think so.

Its in good condition & the noise was high & external I'm pretty sure.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

banchang wrote: »
    Thanks for reply - no I don't think so.

Its in good condition & the noise was high & external I'm pretty sure.

Likely nothing related to the alarm I'd say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement