Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a house in fermoy?

• 10-06-2019 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

so we are looking for houses and fermoy seems to be an area where you could get a good value deal.

we drove up to fermoy today from Blackpool, there was no traffic at around 9:30, and it took us approx. 35 minutes. i work in the North West of cork city, and I'm wondering how long commute will take in the mornings and evenings when its rush hour.

what's the general opinion about living in fermoy? with 2 kids? we have a 2.5 and a 5 year old. advisable? are there good schools around? the toll is a nuisance i guess, but i believe there is an alternative route off the motorway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭moycullen14

Great town. You'll get a lot more house for your money than Cork.
    Brilliant for bringing up kids. Gaa, Rugby, Hockey, Soccer, Drama, Pitch & Putt, Golf, Swimming etc, etc all on your doorstep. Good range of schools - primary & post.

Commute to Cork is a PITA and the toll is expensive but commuting 20+ miles each way every day is expensive however you look at it. You are only 15 minutes from the Dunkettle.

Town itself has improved a lot over the years but would still lack the range of pubs, restaurants, shops of bigger towns and Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

If you could commute by avoiding the toll and the traffic build up from Glanmire in it could be a good move. Check out options that would bring you in to Ballyvolane from the Ballyhooly side. They are not top roads but still would do the job. I would check out Mallow myself as I reckon the services, schools, rail links are better

Advertisement