Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touched inappropriately

Options
  • 11-06-2019 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

I was just on the luas minding my own business and as the title says I was touched inappropriately I’ve never encountered this before on Irish transport is this a thing here now to be worried about or do you think it was an isolated incident
    Still shook :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

js35 wrote: »
    I was just on the luas minding my own business and as the title says I was touched inappropriately I’ve never encountered this before on Irish transport is this a thing here now to be worried about or do you think it was an isolated incident

Well first off you are clearly a very well rounded individual as indicated by going on boards.ie

Fair play for not involving Transdev, Law Enforcement or friends and family. An anonymous Internet forum is definitely the best place to discuss this incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

js35 wrote: »

Goto the gardai and complain, whatever you do don't go on social media or any media platform seeking attention or assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

riemann wrote: »
    Well first off you are clearly a very well rounded individual as indicated by going on boards.ie

Fair play for not involving Transdev, Law Enforcement or friends and family. An anonymous Internet forum is definitely the best place to discuss this incident.

And with this line, you prove you are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Go to the Gardai OP. There may be security camera footage from the Luas.

Put a stop to this pervert before he assaults someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Birneybau wrote: »
    And with this line, you prove you are not.
    And yet the point still stands - report it to those who can do something about it. On the OP I don't believe it's common but it doesn't mean there aren't people out there who do it. Just be as alert as you might be with pickpockets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Despite the slightly snotty tone of a couple of replies here, I think you might be OK with raising this issue here, assuming you're not completely freaked out by the incident.

I hope it's not a regular occurrence here in Ireland, but unless such incidents are reported, perhaps we'll never know. I would suggest contacting the Gardaí, if for nothing more than to have this on record.

What an awful thing to happen to you. This sort of behaviour is completely unacceptable, of course. Hope you feel OK soon, but if not, please talk to someone you can trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

To the couple of ignorant posters above, fcuk you!

Op as others have said, contact gardai.

I ll happily accept my ban now, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Why assume she hasn't already? A lot of people turn to the internet to talk to others anonymously about things they may feel embarrassed or still shocked from. It helps to talk to process what happened.

Hey Op, as unhelpful as most of my quoted comment is, if you haven't reported it yet, that should be the next thing you do. Will it help? Who knows, it may provide evidence against a person who the guards are already aware of and may prevent it happening again to someone else. It may lead to nothing and the individual gets away scot free but the latter will 100% happen if you don't report.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    To the couple of ignorant posters above, fcuk you!

Op as others have said, contact gardai.

I ll happily accept my ban now, thank you

Smell of thanks whoring off this

killanena wrote: »
    Why assume she hasn't already?

Why assume OP is a 'she'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

riemann wrote: »

ah jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

McCrack wrote:
    Smell of thanks whoring off this

I'd rather the money to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

You can request CCTV from the luas if needed.
    Report the incident.

Not a nice thing to happen, but be sure to follow it up.

obviously you arent under any onus to provide any further info here

but without it its difficult to know what to say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭djan

Why assume OP is a 'she'?

Probably due to the fact that statistically women get groped more than men...

OP, if you have any details about the person who did it, you can report it for sure but it depends how strongly you feel about it. Unfortunately I don't think anything will come of it. Hope you're ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

If it was a busy carriage, standing room only and just some random person next to the OP, not much point in telling them to report it is there? FWIW, I hear it's common enough in public places. Doesn't make it right but puts it in perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

djan wrote: »
    Probably due to the fact that statistically women get groped more than men...

Source?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭FaxingBerlin

A brief description of this scumbag would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Touched inappropriately covers a multitude of touching, however, if you feel there was a sexual element to the touching, then you were sexually assaulted.

Only you can decide how to follow that up, be it reporting to the Gardai , seeking counselling or whatever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement