Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mallorca, sa colabra

Options
  • 11-06-2019 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

staying in mallorca for a week from the 22nd
    have bike booked and lots of routes downloaded so it should be good

we are staying in cala d'or which is pretty far from sa colabra, think its around 100k , im not in shape to do 100k out and back and climb sa colabra, does anyone know whether there are any trips out to it, ie someone that would bus you out to it or close to it and pick you up after,

i figure probably not but its always worth asking

i know car rental is an option, trying to keep costs down,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Mallorca bike shuttle do this. Not from Cala d'or but might be worth giving them a call.

https://mallorcacycleshuttle.co.uk/bus-schedule-ticket-sales.html/Departure-towns-c28971057

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

thats great thanks, doesnt look like they come down that far but ive sent them a message to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Get the train from Manacor to Inca. Reduces your out and back to ~66km each way. You can take bikes on the trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Get the train from Manacor to Inca. Reduces your out and back to ~66km each way. You can take bikes on the trains.

That's good to know too. the Coll de sa Batalla is a nice climb...and Sa Colabra..all in 66k! a nice day out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

We took the train from Palma to Sa Pobla last month for the Lighthouse, ~70km cycle out and back,
    and Palma to Inca for Sa Calobra ~75km out and back plus whatever on the Palma side.
    I cycled back both days which added a good chunk on, the middle of the island is nice (and much flatter)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

The bike shuttle guys got back to me. They don't come down to cala d' or. I'll look into the train though . Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

I parked up in Santa Maria del Cami and rode to Sa Calobra and back, 135kms round trip, and taking in Puig Major as well. Brilliant route, stunning scenery and great roads. Worth it!

Advertisement