Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mesh Help, again

• 11-06-2019 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone. Quick outline, I work for an American company that provides motion activated IP cameras. Long story short, we're having issues with customers on mesh networks, any and all of them. Because I'm confident that our American counterparts really couldn't care less, I've been tasked with putting together something about mesh networks. I can gather info, etc, but when it comes to the working of them I don't have any experience as I've never used one.

So I have 1 question for those who may be in the know. On a mesh network, could the signal drop, even for a micro-second, when bouncing between nodes? Or how exactly would it hold the connection when changing between nodes?

I can't find anything in particular about it, so that's why i'm asking here (and yes, I shouldn't have to do this, but they certainly won't. Think it's this 'Give us the problem, facts and solution' approach... I'm not an Engineer, it shouldn't be up to me to figure it out...).

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement