Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFootball PES2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Trigger wrote: »
    Sorry, didnt really want to trawl through 9 pages of posts, didnt buy Fifa last year for the first time in years and thinking of getting this, this year. Hows the gameplay?

I've only ever bought this a couple times ever and ditched it quick thought it was rubbish ....this one is pretty good, tho I feel a bit duped by the demo which was excellent .........won't be getting Fifa for a fair while till they actually develop the gameplay and not just gimmicks

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

How do I get the names above the players during a game?
    I can get the opponents names to appear above their heads but not the team I'm controlling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

sonofenoch wrote: »
    this one is pretty good, tho I feel a bit duped by the demo which was excellent

Every year. Demo drops and I usually think it feels brilliant. People complain, game gets adjusted. I never like it as much after.

Right now, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Maybe I'll grow into it but I just can't seem to get the balance between attack and defense right.

Demo was definitely better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Trigger wrote: »
    Sorry, didnt really want to trawl through 9 pages of posts, didnt buy Fifa last year for the first time in years and thinking of getting this, this year. Hows the gameplay?

I'm very happy with it. Few issues that have been flagged and will be fixed in first patch, biggest being slight delay in player selection in certain situations

Enjoying gameplay tho. Playing with Man U, so you'd expect that to be a struggle anyway but game allows for decent tight play around box and faster attacks using space on wings etc. Enjoying variety, gave up on FIFA years ago, too limited in attack options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'm very happy with it. Few issues that have been flagged and will be fixed in first patch, biggest being slight delay in player selection in certain situations

Enjoying gameplay tho. Playing with Man U, so you'd expect that to be a struggle anyway but game allows for decent tight play around box and faster attacks using space on wings etc. Enjoying variety, gave up on FIFA years ago, too limited in attack options.

What formation and advance tactics are you using?

• Advertisement

What formation and advance tactics are you using?

Use default Utd formation and I switch from passing tight to attacking with full backs depending on how either is working out

Move defensive line up or down on D-pad as well depending on how much space I want to attack into or how good opponents are

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I started a Master League last night and only have a wage budget of €60,000 or so, meaning I can realistically only get a couple of decent players in. Is the only way to increase your wage budget to sell your current players?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Nokotan wrote: »
    I started a Master League last night and only have a wage budget of €60,000 or so, meaning I can realistically only get a couple of decent players in. Is the only way to increase your wage budget to sell your current players?

You can set your budget before starting ML to fairly high or high, which will increase your salary budget a tonne. Other than that, you gotta sell/release players. You can go into budget settings and make all your income go to your salary budget but I'm not sure I ever noticed much difference from it compared to selling players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

What's the verdict on playing against the comp? Thought it wasn't great last year, they kept playing this weird chipped ball out wide and there were a few situational decisions which felt off.

Master League looks like it could be fun with all the added narrative and a supposed improved transfer system (is it improved? was far too easy to sell dross and buy class in previous editions), but the most important thing is that it feels fun and real to play against the comp - what's the initial verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I have gotten so bad at this game online this year and also against the higher com levels.

Any tips? Really struggling around the field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Morzadec wrote: »
    What's the verdict on playing against the comp? Thought it wasn't great last year, they kept playing this weird chipped ball out wide and there were a few situational decisions which felt off.

Master League looks like it could be fun with all the added narrative and a supposed improved transfer system (is it improved? was far too easy to sell dross and buy class in previous editions), but the most important thing is that it feels fun and real to play against the comp - what's the initial verdict?

To be honest master league is ok it is what you make of it really.

The ''improved transfer system'' from what i can see is all the transfer fees are higher. The wage budget is actually more important this year i have personally found. You also cant see the percentage chance of have of signing a player anymore.

Theres different levels of how much money you can start with as well but how much you get really depends on the club or weather you start with basic master league players.

The two obvious changes to master league are the added cut scenes which mean **** all in fairness. You get bored of them after one season. Also they have hidden all the messages such as stats going up and down injuries negotiations etc etc. So you will never see any of this unless you go into messages or the correct category.

The core master league is still the same weather thats a good or bad thing depends on what you make of it personally.

I dunno how its possible at this stage to be saying this but master league on iss pro and the early pes games was so much more enjoyable.

I dunno wtf it will take Konami to properly update master league or weather it will ever happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    How do I get the names above the players during a game?
    I can get the opponents names to appear above their heads but not the team I'm controlling.

Go into your profile settings menu on the controller select screen, see below. You should know this page well anyway, as it's where you should set all your passing/shooting assist levels from "lamer" (e.g basic shooting, basic through balls and pass assist 2+) to "not lamer" (Advanced shooting, Advanced Through balls etc... ). :P

PES2020-Buttons-PS4-Like.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Morzadec wrote: »
    ?

It's all I've ever played on PES.
    It seems better this year.
    A huge variety of play from different teams. One game I played against Everton and they kept spreading the ball high and wide. First time I'd seen it.
    The fluidity and randomness is fantastic. Some of the goals and moves and life-perfect and I'm punching the air myself.

However, there's still the odd bug of players just not moving or reactioning so slow to a free ball. Real WTF moment that detract from such an enjoyable experience.

That said, it's still worth it for now and I hope Konami will fix those bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Seems they released a patch last night which, for me, has improved the game massively.

First goal after patch was a loose ball my striker ran on to and finished - this never happened previous.

Much more enjoyable now.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Seems they released a patch last night which, for me, has improved the game massively.

First goal after patch was a loose ball my striker ran on to and finished - this never happened previous.

Much more enjoyable now.
    Looking forward to trying this.
    Always found control of players was impossible after loose balls... sometimes they just stand staring at the ball.

Transfers updated in patch?

Just tried opening it on the xBox and no patch for me yet.

I thinks it's been mentioned before, but I highly recommend spoonypizza videos on YouTube.
    The defensive ones are particularly good.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I thinks it's been mentioned before, but I highly recommend spoonypizza videos on YouTube.

He makes everything look so easy and logical. Then when I try his tips I panic and revert back to my usual ****e play!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Enjoying the new PES so far. It's a little harder than last years. However the ref appears to have a Rugby whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nokotan wrote: »
    He makes everything look so easy and logical. Then when I try his tips I panic and revert back to my usual ****e play!
    in 2019 game he showed how to do the dipping shot. No way I'd pull that off in spur of the moment gameplay. Think you had to take your thumb off the direction button, press shoot then hold the direction button back. But it'd only work if the player had the dipping shot skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Is there no way of playing similar rated teams in on line league? I usually play as Leeds Utd and keep coming up against the like of Real, Barca and Juve......everyone seems to play 5 star teams which is a bit silly, for friendlies you can play same rated teams

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Is there no way of playing similar rated teams in on line league? I usually play as Leeds Utd and keep coming up against the like of Real, Barca and Juve......everyone seems to play 5 star teams which is a bit silly, for friendlies you can play same rated teams

But you get points based on who you pick. You're rewarded more for winning a game with a lower ranked team so it wouldn't make sense to match teams up. Trick is to find a team with a lower rank that you can play well with.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I thinks it's been mentioned before, but I highly recommend <strong>spoonypizza</strong> videos on YouTube.<br>

Seems to only cover PS4.

Any xbox equivalents?

Cienciano wrote: »
    But you get points based on who you pick. You're rewarded more for winning a game with a lower ranked team so it wouldn't make sense to match teams up. Trick is to find a team with a lower rank that you can play well with.

I remember back in the PES6 online days, I used to always use Udinese online. Used to love grinding out results with them, they played a lovely 3-5-2 and had a great forward pairing in Di Natale and Iaquinta, a proper little and large duo!

Played a plethora of the usuals back then, but the best games were the ones where you came up against someone else who picked their own unique team as well. Could have some proper football matches then.

rgmmg wrote: »
    Seems to only cover PS4.

Any xbox equivalents?

It's the same game and same engine, only the button names are different. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I wish they would increase the amount of kits you can import on PS4. I've got all national and club kits required in the game but not enough space. I'm going to have to delete some of the high quality ones to fit the lower quality ones now. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

dar83 wrote: »
    I remember back in the PES6 online days, I used to always use Udinese online. Used to love grinding out results with them, they played a lovely 3-5-2 and had a great forward pairing in Di Natale and Iaquinta, a proper little and large duo!

Played a plethora of the usuals back then, but the best games were the ones where you came up against someone else who picked their own unique team as well. Could have some proper football matches then.

Fulham were my team. Used to love beating Inter with them.

Also beat Inter whores with Watford, and 3-0 with Gimnastic of Spain! :pac:

Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Already posted this on the Discord group but for those who aren't in that but might be interested …

PES 2020 is the Deal of the Week on the PS store. 40 euro for standard 49 for Legend. Cex is currently offering 36 euro cash for the physical copy so in effect it would cost 4 euro to upgrade to digital if you dislike disc swapping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'm finding it very hard to adjust to this years edition. In previous editions I used to dribble and sprint with R1 and the right analogue stick. This doesn't seem to work anymore, have those controls changed?

Advertisement