Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFootball PES2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Unless you changed to alternate controls then R1 is still sprint. Not sure what you mean by R1 and right analogue stick but the right stick is the skill/trick stick, generally can't use sprint button with it. If you used the right stick for tricks you might have to turn off auto-feint in the settings as i think by default that is on.

Dribbling is a lot harder this year IMO, the fake shot dummy is not nearly as effective as it used to be for me and i've found that beating a guy one on one requires either a skill move or a quick change of pace. Dribbling slowly combined with quick change of direction with sprint button is often how i get away from players.

As someone else posted previously, Spoony Pizzas videos are a good starting point for learning the tricks and skills though i generally only use max one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

dar83 wrote: »
    I remember back in the PES6 online days, I used to always use Udinese online. Used to love grinding out results with them, they played a lovely 3-5-2 and had a great forward pairing in Di Natale and Iaquinta, a proper little and large duo!

Played a plethora of the usuals back then, but the best games were the ones where you came up against someone else who picked their own unique team as well. Could have some proper football matches then.

I liked Crystal Palace last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Im assuming this is just my controller giving up the ghost but is anyone having issues with players turning the wrong direction while tracking back? Its like they just all of a sudden refuse to follow the attacker on the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Unless you changed to alternate controls then R1 is still sprint. Not sure what you mean by R1 and right analogue stick but the right stick is the skill/trick stick, generally can't use sprint button with it. If you used the right stick for tricks you might have to turn off auto-feint in the settings as i think by default that is on.

Dribbling is a lot harder this year IMO, the fake shot dummy is not nearly as effective as it used to be for me and i've found that beating a guy one on one requires either a skill move or a quick change of pace. Dribbling slowly combined with quick change of direction with sprint button is often how i get away from players.

As someone else posted previously, Spoony Pizzas videos are a good starting point for learning the tricks and skills though i generally only use max one or two.

Thanks for this. Basically I used to be able to continue sprinting and use the right stick to quickly change direction or dribble around players. Now as soon as I touch the right stick the whole thing slows down and the player starts moving sideways slowly. I haven't changed the controls at all

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Got this the other day. Anyone know of any League Of Ireland option files knocking about? Or any guide on how I could go about importing kits/badges so I could actually do it myself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Got this the other day. Anyone know of any League Of Ireland option files knocking about? Or any guide on how I could go about importing kits/badges so I could actually do it myself?

There was a guy on here a few years ago that did LOI option files I believe (his name escapes me as he was around before I started following this forum), but I haven't heard of or come across any myself for the last couple of years.

There is a kit maker here though https://www.pesmaster.com/kit-creator/ I messed around with it about a year ago and it was easy enough to use and create a basically good kit. That said I don't know if it could be used easily to produce ones as close as possible to genuine LOI kits. Worth giving it a go though. If you're happy with the results, post it up here as there's usually a few people who would be interested in it

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Heffoman

I beginning to dislike some of the settings in the game. How do people prefer to shot in the game. Do many use manual. I generally use the auto settings but I ve gone round the keeper a lot and then missed a wide open goal to often.

Same with the player switching. I have assisted settings on but it can be very annoying when the ball is beside your player and the computer picks someone fat away.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

I think most people are experiencing what you're describing. Personally I find it very difficult to consistently score from shots no matter what I do unless the player has good shooting stats and is in good form, then it's easier.

As for player switching it's a pure lottery and half the time it feels I'm spending about 2 seconds trying to select the player I want by which time he's probably no longer in optimal position to take control.

I'm expecting (hoping) both and more will be fixed in the next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm expecting (hoping) both and more will be fixed in the next patch.

The patch is due at the end of this month. Italy's Serie B will also be fully licensed in this patch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

A couple of tips that may help.

1. Shooting - Use advanced and get yourself into free training to get used to it. Once you remember that pressing away from the goal = low and towards = high in those split second decision moments, you should be scoring a lot more with it. Also be aware that they've tweaked shooting this year and it's gone back more to the way it used to be, even on advanced/manual shooting, so you have to be really aware of your players stronger foot, their body position, any pressure being applied by an opponent and whether you're sprinting or not as you shoot. Basically shooting has by design become a bit more "random" in its outcome, so be prepared for some odd finishes when you least expect them. i've also found this year that when using Advanced shooting, pressing all the way in any direction will result in a much larger chance of the shot missing the target. Having to re-learn to not press as far in certain instances, but it's getting there!

2. Player Change - Use Semi-Auto. Use the L1/LB as normal for most switching but for certain situations be sure to learn how to use the right stick to choose the player you want. You'll start to get to know the situations this works best in (normally the ones where you bounce around other players you don't actually want to select) but using the combination of both will definitely ease your frustration levels at certain times.

• Advertisement

Patch along with Datapack 2.0 is out now, haven't been able to try out a game but did download before I left this morning. Added a few faces for United & Arsenal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

According to reddit the patch is a huge improvement.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/dmb92j/new_datapackupdate_feedback/

Think all European National sides now have their kits now as they've added ones for Hungary, Luxembourg, Montenegro & Rep of Ireland in today's patch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

ERG89 wrote: »
    Think all European National sides now have their kits now as they've added ones for Hungary, Luxembourg, Montenegro & Rep of Ireland in today's patch too.

Rep of Ireland is in??
    Fantastic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just can't settle and enjoy master league this year.

Must of had at least ten saves already and haven't stuck with them just not enjoying it long term.

Tried club players original players big budget small budget etc etc but nothing yet I've enjoyed long term.

Just feel like it's either incrediblely frustrating because you can't win or play nice football with bad or average players or it's to easy when you can buy who you want!

So ya I dunno what to try!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just can't settle and enjoy master league this year.

Must of had at least ten saves already and haven't stuck with them just not enjoying it long term.

Tried club players original players big budget small budget etc etc but nothing yet I've enjoyed long term.

Just feel like it's either incrediblely frustrating because you can't win or play nice football with bad or average players or it's to easy when you can buy who you want!

So ya I dunno what to try!

Sort of agree with you in to my second season now and it's easy to sign big name players so it's hard to keep plugging away with the dross you get from the youth team when you can buy better players so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Sort of agree with you in to my second season now and it's easy to sign big name players so it's hard to keep plugging away with the dross you get from the youth team when you can buy better players so easy

Only way I can kinda keep it somewhat interesting is to bring difficulty right up but then you can barely get a win game after game and your stuck with few thousand in your wage budget ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Anyone else not getting the game to launch on PC after the update? I get the Konami splash screen then the screen goes black

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

For my sins I decided to do a European Cup (Euro Championships) with Ireland on superstar difficulty last night. Accidentally left it on a 24 team tournament which turned out to be a stroke of luck as I got threw the group in 3rd place (after 0-0 vs Kosovo, 1-1 vs Germany (scored in the 93rd minute with my only shot of the game) and 0-0 against Austria).

Got drawn against Netherlands in the knock out stages and battled to a 1-1 draw after extra time with everyone apart from the goalkeeper down to zero stamina left! Sadly lost the penalty shootout 5-4 but took a moral victory from the fact that Netherlands went on to win the tournament.

Solid (albeit fairly dour) Italia 90 style journey for a Thursday evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Playing Master League on Xbox One. It was fine for a while but now I have an issue with players not being able to run when they have the ball. It's not a fatigue issue as it's happening right from the start of the match with certain players and lasts for the rest of the match. Was hoping the updates might sort it but sadly not. Anyone else have this issue??

I started a new league with another team but it was the same story. Getting fed up with PES at this point. Every year it's glitch central. I've been getting it since PES 2 but this might be my last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mossie

The more I play the game, as much as I enjoy it, the more the refs annoy the hell out of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Serious lack of content on this game, someone probably said it here already but I cant get over how bad it is

Content? In what way?

What's actually missing that you might want from a football game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

dar83 wrote: »
    Content? In what way?

What's actually missing that you might want from a football game?

Its just one off games or else that matchday rubbish where you get matched up with a one bar connection there is nothing else to do. They don't even do those competitions where you need to finish in the top 16 anymore.

Oh so you mean online then. That's only a tiny part of the game for a lot of players, hence my question. :)

I don't disagree with you on the online front though, they've even changed MyClub a lot this year and are running less competitions each week and giving out much worse prizes for it (no spin rewards!). I think they're planning on branching out the eFootball side of things a lot more this time but until that kicks in properly it will seem like there's not a lot happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

1st time in ages I went PES over FIFA. Loving it, playing as Chelsea in Master League, starting midfield of Kante and Thomas Partey, I feel indestructible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

any good option files knocking about lads?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

any good option files knocking about lads?

Cheers

Pes universe, pes world few more.

Probably plenty in this thread if you search backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

hi, I've always been a PES fan but not played a football game in ages and now I'm going to pick one up.

So in you're opinions which game is best. PES OR FIFA, few of my mates said FIFA is better but I've always avoided FIFA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

galwayllm wrote: »
    hi, I've always been a PES fan but not played a football game in ages and now I'm going to pick one up.

So in you're opinions which game is best. PES OR FIFA, few of my mates said FIFA is better but I've always avoided FIFA

Honestly, PES 2019. Depends what you want from it, offline or online modes. All I know is the last 2 FIFA games have been a pile of s**t.

Advertisement