Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFootball PES2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

I think mostly off line which I loved on PES, but I now hear they have online leagues, so maybe this also.

FIFA used to be copy and paste year on year, as I said it’s been a long time since I’ve played

Thanks for the into ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

galwayllm wrote: »
    I think mostly off line which I loved on PES, but I now hear they have online leagues, so maybe this also.

FIFA used to be copy and paste year on year, as I said it’s been a long time since I’ve played

Thanks for the into ppl

If you're on PS4, I run a boards league for PES 2020. It just finished so a new one will be starting in the next month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

hi, I've always been a PES fan but not played a football game in ages and now I'm going to pick one up.

So in you're opinions which game is best. PES OR FIFA, few of my mates said FIFA is better but I've always avoided FIFA

Depends on if you're xbox or PS4 I think. You can get option files for all the unlicensed clubs/leagues on PS4, you can't on Xbox.

PES is the better footballing game, Fifa has better game modes and atmosphere, Champions League etc.

I played PES growing up, moved to Fifa in like 2010, then moved back to PES in 2018 and now when I see Fifa gameplay compared to it, its so robotic and arcadey.

I’m on the Xbox and the licensing and proper kits wouldn’t bother me in the slightest once the game play is good, I think I’ll go with PES, I could never get into fifa...

Thanks for all the info people...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

The Lite version should be out now, give that a try for free first if you want and then decide if PES is for you or not. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I’m on the Xbox and the licensing and proper kits wouldn’t bother me in the slightest once the game play is good, I think I’ll go with PES, I could never get into fifa...

Thanks for all the info people...

It's joining Xbox Game Pass tomorrow.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    It's joining Xbox Game Pass tomorrow.

Joking? I just got game pass!....thank you so so much for the heads up

It's up on game pass now...
    Thanks again for the heads up...

Happy Xmas to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Loved Pes18, didn't really get into Pes19 at all. I've played Pes 20 demo and am enjoying it. Is it worth buying? It doesn't seem to have come down in price at all unlike other years which is probably a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

CWF wrote: »
    Loved Pes18, didn't really get into Pes19 at all. I've played Pes 20 demo and am enjoying it. Is it worth buying? It doesn't seem to have come down in price at all unlike other years which is probably a good sign

It was €30 on the PS Store last week

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It was €30 on the PS Store last week

Ah feck it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

It’s brilliant. Most recent update has improved it yet again. A few extra options such as two legged games offline/online friend lobby, randomising the regens names/appearance in master league, being able to get your scouts to search for someone say between 20-23 years old or with 90 acceleration would make a huge difference. But for gameplay, there’s not a huge amount to improve. Cracking game.

I'm obsessed with the lite version, I'm going to buy this when it drops down to 30 again,hopefully in Jan sale

I'm obsessed with the lite version, I'm going to buy this when it drops down to 30 again,hopefully in Jan sale

It’s down to 30 again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I have a master league with Barnsley that I've been playing since I got the game, I'm now in 2027 and have been doing fairly well with them, here is my achievements for the last 3 seasons

2025: Won the treble (League, Cup and Champions league)
    2026: Won the Champions league, finished second in the league
    2027: Won the domestic double, got knocked out in the last 16 of champions league.... and got the sack!!?

Absolutely nuts! The goal at the start of the year was win the league, at Christmas I was 3rd or 4th but not far behind and the goal shifted to Winning the champions league, so I guess that's what I have been judged on.

I don't play online so is there any point paying €35 for Legend Edition when I can get Standard for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Installed and patched it tonight on Xbox (great that it’s on Gamepass!) I have to say the shooting is vastly improved from last years game, far more intuitive and I feel the shots are going where I expect them and I’m getting realistic feeling power and placement vs 2019 which seemed to have 3 possible outcomes, hit it straight at the keeper, hit it wide or find that one angle where you could control your finish. Looking forward to playing more.

Although, as a Master League fanatic I can’t say I’m too fond of the dialogue options - skip, skip, skip, its football not Mass Effect!

I don't play online so is there any point paying €35 for Legend Edition when I can get Standard for €30

No. That’s what I done when I bought it last month and you only get bonuses for myClub.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I hadn't played in while and after hearing there was update I decided to give it another go. It didn't feel that different, I was as bad as I was before and the little irritations were there there. Then I switched to the regular stadium camera angle (I had been using one that was zoomed out a good bit) and now the whole game feels so much more fun, loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Moved up to Superstar, finding goals difficult to get at the moment.

P7 W2 D4 L1 F2 A1. Yikes :)

• Advertisement

I know the season is over and the new one is fast approaching but I've made kits for the 2019 season for LOI teams if anybody would like to use them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ghac7fgkb3j7xvf/LOI_KitPack2019.zip/file

A crime that FIFA still has all the licenses and whatnot. This game pisses all over it.

Preview of the LOI Kit Pack I made for PES 2020. Download link in description

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Preview of the LOI Kit Pack I made for PES 2020. Download link in description

PS4 ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

PS4 ya?

cant import kits on Xbox i dont think

PS4 ya?

Yeah, should work for PC too afaik.

cant import kits on Xbox i dont think

Boo..

Shame as the game is A1

PS .. unreal job on the LoI kits...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

pm1977x wrote: »
    Installed and patched it tonight on Xbox (great that it’s on Gamepass!) I have to say the shooting is vastly improved from last years game, far more intuitive and I feel the shots are going where I expect them and I’m getting realistic feeling power and placement vs 2019 which seemed to have 3 possible outcomes, hit it straight at the keeper, hit it wide or find that one angle where you could control your finish. Looking forward to playing more.

Although, as a Master League fanatic I can’t say I’m too fond of the dialogue options - skip, skip, skip, its football not Mass Effect!

I installed it last night, have game pass. Seemed to be only the Lite version??

Do I need to do something to activate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

is dortmund in this game? the brother says he couldnt find them in it last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

akelly02 wrote: »
    is dortmund in this game? the brother says he couldnt find them in it last night

Nope, lost the license a while back

Advertisement