Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFootball PES2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Colemania wrote: »
    Nope, lost the license a while back

ah balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

akelly02 wrote: »
    ah balls

can get them in in an option file on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Does anyone else find playing in the Master League a lot different and lot less enjoyable than playing in the local play mode as a friendly, in a World cup or the Euros etc.? It just feels like the Master league is a bit broken, even playing as Man Utd with the real team as opposed to the stock 11. ML gameplay feels like a different game altogether to everything else. Just my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hi all,

We've been running a PES 2020 league for PS4 players since release and have run PES leagues for the last few years purely consisting of boards users.

There is a new league starting up very soon, our 9th season of PES leagues! The format of this league will be an approach which we have tried for the current season and has worked out quite well.

Each week you will have to pick a different team and once you pick a team, you can't use them again. It keeps things fresh and lets you use an array of teams you may never have used before.

If you're not on our Discord chat, let me know if you're interested in playing the next season of the league.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I must be honest, seeing Rangers get past Braga kinda make me want to join. Just a pity that I'd only be able to use them once though.

Although, I should probably get the game first. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is there a way to play against a mate online where two of us are in one house on one console and the other is in another house?

Even getting to a 1v1 online "friendly" was a ridiculously complicated process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just bought the game on PS4 because it was on the Spring Sale. I haven't looked at any info regarding the game but did they seriously remove the ability to customise your own manager for Master League??

So now I have to manage Celtic as "D. CAMERON, Scotsman and dead ringer for Maradona"?

Kind-of broke the immersion for me. I love PES because it had a very robust customisation suite and the creation of your own manager's face was always a fantastic addition. Sucks they had to limit it to 18 real managers, and the only thing you can edit is their name and nationality.

I guess I'll just have to pick the manager most likely to manage the team I'm choosing, because I doubt Maradona (or almost any of these managers) would touch Celtic with a barge pole

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's just a face for cut scenes and on your dashboard, no big deal.

What's the best source for a PS4 Option File that doesn't cost the earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I use PESGaming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I know they're not popular but I use Pes Universe. Find it good for a tenner. There are free options like Pes World which are just the same if your tech savvy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

can you get an option file for xbox one? i remember last year you couldnt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

but1er wrote: »
    can you get an option file for xbox one? i remember last year you couldnt

Still cant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I finally learned how to hold players off, I'm not very good at it but can see it being a bit of game changer.

I'm still pretty awful at the game though.

Anyone else noticed an increase in erratic movements by defenders running towards the ball then in a large circle making it really hard to beat teams that play very direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Still cant :(

thats fine dont find it a big deal tbh.

I downloaded PES Lite (again) a few days ago and have had a few games online. Game play is great, easily the best football game I've played, and at first I was wondering why I deleted it in the first place. Quickly remembered, way too many free kicks and every free kick seems to be a yellow card. I also haven't won a single competitive header yet (that bits on me).

I'm persevering with it for now but the free kick situation has had me hovering over 'delete' a few times.

Also, how can a company make a game with such great game play but still have menus that a first year games development student in first semester would be embarrassed by. I don't even bother changing lineups/tactics as it's nightmarish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I've bought every pro evo (or incarnation of) since ISS 64 on the N64. Usually on launch day. Next one will the first I won't buy unless non-paid reviews are favourable. They've ruined what was a great game. It's almost unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I've bought every pro evo (or incarnation of) since ISS 64 on the N64. Usually on launch day. Next one will the first I won't buy unless non-paid reviews are favourable. They've ruined what was a great game. It's almost unplayable.

I love it .. I’m playing it 2 hrs a day on average the last while . Master league with Leicester on top player is very enjoyable. Vardy is a sniper of the highest caliber .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

How exactly, in your opinion? You obviously have the experience of the series to be able to detail that a bit.

The latest (now previous maybe with DP6?) update with Data Pack 5 did make some things things a little bit weird, but other than that overall I find it plays an amazing game of football. Player movement is good, ball physics are good, shooting is good, heading is a bit tricky but once you get it, it's also good. Only thing that really bothers me are the AI cheats at Top Player/Superstar difficulty, but I'm not sure they'll ever get rid of that.

What they have done with this iteration that is actually a major positive but that some people can't deal with, is update the physicality rules of engagement and tried to stop people spamming the pressure button or A as they used to. It's actually time for a lot of people to try and learn how to defend properly, but a lot of them don't appear to be getting that message, they just complain about giving away too many free kicks.

dar83 wrote: »
    How exactly, in your opinion? You obviously have the experience of the series to be able to detail that a bit.

The latest (now previous maybe with DP6?) update with Data Pack 5 did make some things things a little bit weird, but other than that overall I find it plays an amazing game of football. Player movement is good, ball physics are good, shooting is good, heading is a bit tricky but once you get it, it's also good. Only thing that really bothers me are the AI cheats at Top Player/Superstar difficulty, but I'm not sure they'll ever get rid of that.

What they have done with this iteration that is actually a major positive but that some people can't deal with, is update the physicality rules of engagement and tried to stop people spamming the pressure button or A as they used to. It's actually time for a lot of people to try and learn how to defend properly, but a lot of them don't appear to be getting that message, they just complain about giving away too many free kicks.

I've been playing a lot of Pro Ev lately and the first touch is something that drives me insane. It's so heavy and has cost me a few goals, some obviously would have been my fault but there were times where the player took way, way too long to actually control the ball.

I am useless at defending, any tips? Although I will say that there's been far too many times that a through ball has resulted in a goal against me because my centre half inexplicably dashes forward, I'm not pressing sprint or pressure and it still does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

First touch is one of the things they changed a bit in the latest update, it seems more sluggish now, but it is another context sensitive thing these days, just make sure you're never pressing the sprint button for a start, try using the R2/RT button to help with it in tighter areas as well and the use of the correct/incorrect directional input (again, context for the player important here) while you first control the ball can make a huge difference. There are of course times when your player is tired or the CPU decides to screw you over and it all goes wrong anyway, but using the above helps minimise that. Main thing is to know when to play it safe and know when to take a chance. Sometimes it's better to forego controlling it and just hoof it into the stands. :P

Defending is all about positioning and patience. Stand off the attackers outside your final third and don't go chasing the ball. PES historically has always punished dragging players out of position and this version is no different. Match the player defending with the attacking player from the relative position on your opposition, unless you have to use someone else to cover. If through balls are killing you it tells me that you're more than likely having players move out of position too quickly/easily and leaving gaps. Try putting Deep Defensive Line on and staying compact at the back, it should help close up the space behind your back line.

For tackling it's all about timing. Don't hold X/A to apply pressure to an opponent as you'll end up giving away fouls, time your press of it to standing tackle and take the ball. Another big tip when defending is don't use the sprint button as much as you can manage, as your players will react to the ball a lot quicker and with smart positioning (while standing off them) you'll begin to intercept a lot more passes that may otherwise have rolled straight past you. All said and done, defending and positioning comes a lot down to proper and smart use of super-cancel, get used to using this at every opportunity and you'll be in a much better position to react more quickly to loose balls, interceptions etc...

• Advertisement

Nokotan wrote: »
    I've been playing a lot of Pro Ev lately and the first touch is something that drives me insane. It's so heavy and has cost me a few goals, some obviously would have been my fault but there were times where the player took way, way too long to actually control the ball.

I am useless at defending, any tips? Although I will say that there's been far too many times that a through ball has resulted in a goal against me because my centre half inexplicably dashes forward, I'm not pressing sprint or pressure and it still does it.

Drove me up and down the wall.

dar83 wrote: »
    First touch is one of the things they changed a bit in the latest update, it seems more sluggish now, but it is another context sensitive thing these days, just make sure you're never pressing the sprint button for a start, try using the R2/RT button to help with it in tighter areas as well and the use of the correct/incorrect directional input (again, context for the player important here) while you first control the ball can make a huge difference. There are of course times when your player is tired or the CPU decides to screw you over and it all goes wrong anyway, but using the above helps minimise that. Main thing is to know when to play it safe and know when to take a chance. Sometimes it's better to forego controlling it and just hoof it into the stands. :P

Defending is all about positioning and patience. Stand off the attackers outside your final third and don't go chasing the ball. PES historically has always punished dragging players out of position and this version is no different. Match the player defending with the attacking player from the relative position on your opposition, unless you have to use someone else to cover. If through balls are killing you it tells me that you're more than likely having players move out of position too quickly/easily and leaving gaps. Try putting Deep Defensive Line on and staying compact at the back, it should help close up the space behind your back line.

For tackling it's all about timing. Don't hold X/A to apply pressure to an opponent as you'll end up giving away fouls, time your press of it to standing tackle and take the ball. Another big tip when defending is don't use the sprint button as much as you can manage, as your players will react to the ball a lot quicker and with smart positioning (while standing off them) you'll begin to intercept a lot more passes that may otherwise have rolled straight past you. All said and done, defending and positioning comes a lot down to proper and smart use of super-cancel, get used to using this at every opportunity and you'll be in a much better position to react more quickly to loose balls, interceptions etc...

Cheers for the detailed the response. It always sounds so easy in theory! I'll give it a go next time I play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Nokotan wrote: »

Are you on PS4 - if so PM me if you'd like a few friendlies.

I bought PES recently (coming over from FIFA but tired of how much of a grind FUT is) and I've scarcely been able to win a game online, except for the one day I went 5 at the back, but don't enjoy playing that way.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Are you on PS4 - if so PM me if you'd like a few friendlies.

I bought PES recently (coming over from FIFA but tired of how much of a grind FUT is) and I've scarcely been able to win a game online, except for the one day I went 5 at the back, but don't enjoy playing that way.

I'm xBox unfortunately. Are you playing MyClub or just regular online games? I found that the manager's tactics in MyClub really did matter when I thought it wouldn't.

With the new update has anyone noticed that it's much harder to shield the ball now? Even with strong players.

Option file loaded and 6 games into ML with Nottingham Forest. I’ve had 2 free kicks in total given to me. This is always an issue, I honestly think out of the last, say 5 iterations I’ve bought I could count on one hand the number of penalties I’ve been awarded and both hands for free kicks in shooting range

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭clsmooth

razorblunt wrote: »
    Option file loaded and 6 games into ML with Nottingham Forest. I’ve had 2 free kicks in total given to me. This is always an issue, I honestly think out of the last, say 5 iterations I’ve bought I could count on one hand the number of penalties I’ve been awarded and both hands for free kicks in shooting range

I had two in one half this morning. Was one of the derby games in ML where the challenges were flying in left right and centre :D the victim Chalov was out for a few weeks after bruising following the game. Back in time for QF against Barca though in Champions League. Can Crystal Palace upset them in Camp Nou? Playing Superstar difficulty, need to keep it tight at the back and hopefully nick a goal. Cracking game in prospect.

Few suggested improvements, when playing online you can play your master league team vs a friend right now but the players all revert to base level which means all the young lads you brought through are average. Takes the fun out of it a little bit. Also why not add in the option to have a two legged game in the friendly match lobby? Away goals counting, injuries/suspensions carried over and extra time and penalties as required? FK are overpowered too. Must maintain my discipline in Barcelona.

clsmooth wrote: »
    I had two in one half this morning. Was one of the derby games in ML where the challenges were flying in left right and centre :D the victim Chalov was out for a few weeks after bruising following the game. Back in time for QF against Barca though in Champions League. Can Crystal Palace upset them in Camp Nou? Playing Superstar difficulty, need to keep it tight at the back and hopefully nick a goal. Cracking game in prospect.

Few suggested improvements, when playing online you can play your master league team vs a friend right now but the players all revert to base level which means all the young lads you brought through are average. Takes the fun out of it a little bit. Also why not add in the option to have a two legged game in the friendly match lobby? Away goals counting, injuries/suspensions carried over and extra time and penalties as required? FK are overpowered too. Must maintain my discipline in Barcelona.

I'm about 30-35 games in now, I've only had two free kicks in shot-at-goal territory, annoyingly the CPU knocks me off stride a lot but they get a free when I do similar. Best of all though, the CPU got booked for diving after an X tackle!

I agree on the free kicks being overpowered, I'm still on a promotion run in my first season but if the lads for Luton and Charlton are pinging them in, I can imagine what the higher levels are like.

Had a decent cut off United in the Cup, lost 4-3, gave away a free kick and it was inevitable what was going to happen next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Yep the heart sinks when you give away a free kick within 25m :D

Managed to nick a 0-0 away in the Nou Camp with 35% possession and 2 shots (1 on target). No idea how Barca didn’t score at least 2 or 3. They hit the wood work too. Was really dominated. Got them back to Selhurst Park and struggled again but managed to beat them 1-0. Spent the last 10 minutes running down the clock with the ball in the corners :D Juventus up next :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

clsmooth wrote: »
    Yep the heart sinks when you give away a free kick within 25m :D

It's the same in myclub. Free kicks are so dangerous.

Advertisement