Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFootball PES2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

If you don't already, learn how to become the keeper for FK's (Change player and R3 press together on Xbox). Easiest way to save them and it works 95% of the time. Wait until the player just starts his run up animation and move towards the open post, will work against the CPU nearly every time. Online you have to factor in the chance another player will know you'll do it and go for the keeper side anyway, which will leave you completely open there, but for the majority, you'll still save them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Morning all. We run a boards PES league and have a new league starting next week. Looks like we may have 14-18 players but the more the merrier! I'm sure a lot of ye are bored in isolation so may want a fun league to join so the boards PES League will help with this boredom hopefully.

It's a PS4 league so unfortunately can only accept players on PS4. We've got a great community that we've had the majority of for a few years now and there's a bit of banter among everyone also.

We operate the league via the discord app so if anyone is interested, I'll PM you a link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Just started playing this instead of FIFA. Its a great game reminds me of PES 5. Far superior to FIFA. Challenging game and pays attention to detail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

wadacrack wrote: »
    Just started playing this instead of FIFA. Its a great game reminds me of PES 5. Far superior to FIFA. Challenging game and pays attention to detail

Always has had superior gameplay than fifa , minus the bells and whistles

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

wadacrack wrote: »

When you score a nice goal from distance it really is satisfying in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Ah lads this legend challenge is an absolute pain in the hole. It's pot luck depending on how the AI is feeling.... Lost 2-1 3 times after taking lead. 3 free kicks and an og conceded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

piplip87 wrote: »
    Ah lads this legend challenge is an absolute pain in the hole. It's pot luck depending on how the AI is feeling.... Lost 2-1 3 times after taking lead. 3 free kicks and an og conceded.

just play master league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

akelly02 wrote: »
    just play master league

Master League is the only reason I buy PES, it's outstanding, 2020 finally allows you decide where all your money goes, ie. you can divert money from player sales into wages and vice versa. (only negative is the near unsavable opposition free kicks! :mad: )

Also enjoyed the training this year now that they added achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

piplip87 wrote: »

I haven't tried this one yet but always find them handy enough with 5 at the back, swarm the box and deep defensive line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

3rd go, won it on pens.

I really should have won the first match but two jammy goals for the CPU meant I lost 2 - 1

It's not like playing online. Take your time and look for openings. If you play like you do online you are essentially just giving the CPU the ball back and in turn giving them more opportunity to attack and they will score if you keep giving them opportunity to attack.

Got Cruyff for my troubles. You can combine the scout with any of the 5* scouts you have been getting for the last few weeks so technically you can get any legend you want from the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

Found PES20(and fifa20 too) to be ****e and haven't touched since August.. Having great fun with PES6 on a ps2 emulator. No Jim Beglin making your ears bleed, no frustratingly difficult AI, Nostalgia of playing with Ronaldinho, Henry, Adriano etc.,
    Controls can be frustrating at times and some of the players faces are nightmare inducing but I'm shocked at how well this holds up 15 years later.
    Might fire up Fifa 06/07 for the class soundtracks and get another blast of Nostalgia :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I've had a love / hate relationship with PES2020 this year.

After learning lots of cool tricks from Spooney Pizza videos on YouTube, I've realised what an amazing game it plays.

You really need to put the time into it to get the best out of it.
    I downloaded FIFA at the start of lockdown and enjoyed it at the start, but the players move so unrealistically and it's just not a good sim.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey lads,

Piplip popped up some stuff about PES that intriqued me over in the FUT thread, and I've noticed PES 2020 is on Gamepass, so am downloading it.

Realistically, how much time (or money) would be needed to build a competitive team? I like what I've read so far about a lack of markets, etc, and there seems to be a little more control over getting players for your team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey lads,

Piplip popped up some stuff about PES that intriqued me over in the FUT thread, and I've noticed PES 2020 is on Gamepass, so am downloading it.

Realistically, how much time (or money) would be needed to build a competitive team? I like what I've read so far about a lack of markets, etc, and there seems to be a little more control over getting players for your team?

Hi only seeing this now.

PES now has featured players back. Basically spend a euro and your guaranteed an 85+ rated player.

When you start myclub there's plenty of starter objectives which will give you 50 coins (FIFA points) per objective. A featured player costs 100 coins.

If your on Xbox 1 it's free on game pass or there's a lite version for free on PS4 and Xbox which only gives you access to Myclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

You don't need to spend any additional money to build a good team this year. They basically throw 85+ players at you from the start and you'll have a whole team worth of them just from playing after a couple of weeks if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I think its more difficult to be competitive now since we have no live form with most football suspended due to covid-19

All the legends and icons with their 7/8 and 8/8 form and B live form is a huge advantage.

Putting it into perspective 8/8 form means an 80% chance of that player being on his live form or higher so they usually get B's and sometimes A's.

If they get a B in game their overall rating usually goes up about +4 or 5 and if on an A they go up about +9.

You just can't defend against my 107 Andy Cole and 105 Dwight Yorke getting on the end of crosses from my 107 David Beckham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Just bought this game for €8 in psn, looking to get an option file, any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Just bought this game for €8 in psn, looking to get an option file, any advice?

It’s 8€ on PSN store right now???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

It’s 8€ on PSN store right now???

Yeah, if you have ps plus, legend edition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

June 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

June 4th euro 2020 drops

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Have really been enjoying PES2020 now that I've moved exclusively to 1v1 or 2v2 "friendlies" with mates. 4 way Whatsapp call in parallel is great craic. It negates a lot of the dodgy AI defending.

However, the UI is shocking. Make a single mistake in setting up the game or someone loses connection and there's no way to get back without going through the Xbox HomeScreen (not sure what it's called) unless I'm missing something?

Is there any way to make a room persist so that we don't have to go through the set up palaver every time or to set up a best of 3 type scenario??

Also, any way to turn off the slew of updates that come through when you start the game? Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Only just getting into this game this week on PS4. I have a couple of friends to play online. Is Team Lobby the right place to go for 2v2 or 2v1 matches?

Also is there a way to set up a private league between us?

Thanks and sorry if this has been covered before!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Standard edition is 5.99 on the ps store now for anyone who somehow hasn't bought it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

nialldinho wrote: »
    Only just getting into this game this week on PS4. I have a couple of friends to play online. Is Team Lobby the right place to go for 2v2 or 2v1 matches?

Also is there a way to set up a private league between us?

Thanks and sorry if this has been covered before!

There is a boards league... Send colemania a message

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hey lads, just bought this game over the weekend for €6 on the PS store. I saw on twitter that there are 'legend' download packs available (tweet below). Just a few questions - how do you download these on the ps4? Does one pack cover all of the clubs, countries, kits, crests etc. or do you've to download multiple?

Then once these are downloaded, what game modes can you use these in?

https://twitter.com/PESUniLegends/status/1268220495855484937

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Hey lads, just bought this game over the weekend for €6 on the PS store. I saw on twitter that there are 'legend' download packs available (tweet below). Just a few questions - how do you download these on the ps4? Does one pack cover all of the clubs, countries, kits, crests etc. or do you've to download multiple?

You’ve to download them onto a USB stick and put them into a folder named WEPES. You can then import them via the in game edit mode.

There’s plenty of “how to” videos on YouTube. It’s fairly straight forward tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    You’ve to download them onto a USB stick and put them into a folder named WEPES. You can then import them via the in game edit mode.

There’s plenty of “how to” videos on YouTube. It’s fairly straight forward tbh.

That's really cool, would you be able to play with these teams online (like in Online Divisions)?

Pretty much only play online so prob wouldn't bother with the hassle of downloading them if I couldn't use them online, but looks like it'd be great fun to play with those classic teams

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Morzadec wrote: »
    That's really cool, would you be able to play with these teams online (like in Online Divisions)?

Pretty much only play online so prob wouldn't bother with the hassle of downloading them if I couldn't use them online, but looks like it'd be great fun to play with those classic teams

You'll have all the kits etc.. for online.

Online squads have to be the standard official PES ratings so you can't take those classic players into seasons.

Offline you can do what you like. Set up a classic master league.

I did it a while ago. I tried to put as many of the legends onto the teams they started out with and see where it went. Was a bit of craic.

Just be aware that lots of those legends aren't official so their faces will be..... Well unofficial :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Tip for anyone fed up of conceding free kick goals against the computer. If you press L1 and R3 you take control of the keeper. As the player is running up to hit the free kick, just move the goalie a little closer to the side where they’re going to hit it. Instead of them putting it in the net 8/10, you’ll have an easy catch.

Advertisement