Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel’s Avengers (PS4, Xbox One, Stadia, PC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

saw it drop to 25 in smyths, but wanted to see if it was worth it yet but the last few comments here are not inspiring.

Are the DLC drops all additional costs too?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

RedXIV wrote: »
    saw it drop to 25 in smyths, but wanted to see if it was worth it yet but the last few comments here are not inspiring.

Are the DLC drops all additional costs too?

All DLC is free. There are microtransactions for cosmetics and unlocking the ability to earn new cosmetics for DLC characters (their 'Hero Card'). But the DLC itself (characters, missions, locations etc) is all free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Penn wrote: »
    All DLC is free. There are microtransactions for cosmetics and unlocking the ability to earn new cosmetics for DLC characters (their 'Hero Card'). But the DLC itself (characters, missions, locations etc) is all free.

hmmmmmmm, might wait till it goes down to 20, I've enough of a backlog as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

RedXIV wrote: »
    hmmmmmmm, might wait till it goes down to 20, I've enough of a backlog as it is

I'd wait. Yes its free for DLC but you pay for it in time wasting and grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont think grind is this games problem, noone playing it and the rinse repeat online levels are the problem.

Single player is actually quite good but it needs more variation in the online part.

• Advertisement

Game is €25 now in smyths I think it’s time for me to dive in and play the story mode at least

Is this game getting a physical disc release for PS5 or is it only PS4 only with free upgrade to PS5?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really torn on whether to get this for 25 for the single player at least...

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Really torn on whether to get this for 25 for the single player at least...

Heard the story is 10 hours for normal play through so it’s €2.50 an hour go for it.

I’m tempted to wait for deluxe edition with all DLC anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Heard the story is 10 hours for normal play through so it’s €2.50 an hour go for it.

I’m tempted to wait for deluxe edition with all DLC anyway

All the dlc is free . Deluxe edition just contains cosmetics

Thanks lads, Have it ordered, worst case scenario, i hate it and sell it to cex for 16 cash or 22 cred.

• Advertisement

The story isn't that good either, it's mostly Kamala and Hulk smashing wave after wave of repetative enemies and a few minutes with the rest.

I'm sure some people will enjoy it but my time was better spent not finishing it.

All the dlc is free . Deluxe edition just contains cosmetics

All future dlc is free even Spider-Man?

All future dlc is free even Spider-Man?

Looks that way. There is no way they would charge for spiderman seeing the bad reception the game has got in terms of lack of content

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I just finished the campaign and had a really good time with it

Doing the 2 new operations, only have 1 character reasonably high (ironman obvs)

Enjoyable so far, onto the 2nd one now

The one thing i assume most people want. Can credits be earned in game but most likely these will cost too much not to use real money?

The one thing i assume most people want. Can credits be earned in game but most likely these will cost too much not to use real money?

You can earn credits by completing daily/weekly challenges on a hero's Hero Card. But you only get the hero cards for the first six heroes in the game. Any new characters released (like Kate Bishop, Hawkeye etc), you have to pay 1000 credits (equivalent to 10 quid) to unlock their hero card to do their challenges and unlock their best cosmetics etc.

So hard to know how many credits these costumes will cost, but regardless, they clearly said in the first tweet that the MCU cosmetics (something which could entice people to play the HARM Room event) would be a reward for the event, and now saying they're mtx only. (Edit: Actually, re-reading it, I can kinda see that it is a bit ambiguous, but still, they ballsed that up royally).

They keep making the exact wrong decision at every turn.

I just saw a video of Hawkeye swinging around on a grappling hook. No wonder they didn't put Spidey in the game yet :pac:

I just saw a video of Hawkeye swinging around on a grappling hook. No wonder they didn't put Spidey in the game yet :pac:

Black Widow uses one too, she's been in it since day 1.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    Black Widow uses one too, she's been in it since day 1.

Just meant the animation looks awful and I'm guessing it would be the same for Spidey unless they are trying to nail down traversal for him.

Just meant the animation looks awful and I'm guessing it would be the same for Spidey unless they are trying to nail down traversal for him.

Ah right. Spider-man is going to look janky in this no matter what. Even if they did nail it, unfairly or not it will still be compared to the PS4/5 games and it just won't hold up.

The game does a fairly good job with using a very generalised control scheme and then customising it for each character to make them feel unique, but I just don't see how Spiderman fits into it without it feeling terrible.

Markitron wrote: »
    Ah right. Spider-man is going to look janky in this no matter what. Even if they did nail it, unfairly or not it will still be compared to the PS4/5 games and it just won't hold up.

The game does a fairly good job with using a very generalised control scheme and then customising it for each character to make them feel unique, but I just don't see how Spiderman fits into it without it feeling terrible.

They did do a decent job of giving everyone different traversal mechanics to even things out, but I still mostly stuck with Thor just so I could fly and not have to worry about it.

Spidey won't be out till around October now... ah here.

Tried to play a game online and in the last few days have to matchmake with one person on PC, not even in the top 100 games on Steam :/

Now available via playstation now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Thanks lads, Have it ordered, worst case scenario, i hate it and sell it to cex for 16 cash or 22 cred.
    Now available via playstation now

Thanks Zero! Games inevitably become free shortly after you buy them!

On a side note, have you ever bought The Order 1886? Still waiting for than one to be free.

On a side note, have you ever bought The Order 1886? Still waiting for than one to be free.

Nope and now i never will buy it so you're just gonna have to pay *checks price* Jesus 40 euro on psn!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I bought it on the US store for $8 on sale way back in the day. I've tried to play it several times but can never make it to the end and wind up uninstalling each time. If you never end up playing it, you won't have missed much.

• Advertisement

I got The Order for about €12 from CEX back in 2016. If you know EXACTLY what you are getting into, you can find some enjoyment in it.

Advertisement