Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel’s Avengers (PS4, Xbox One, Stadia, PC)

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Any article I've checked isn't mentioning a time limit, and indeed the official Xbox news article makes mention that it's indefinite:

"Beyond this expansion, Marvel’s Avengers is an evolving game with ongoing updates that add new playable Heroes, missions, villains, campaigns, and events – and Xbox Game Pass members will get to experience all of it!"

The fact that it also includes all* post launch content is a big win for Xbox. Hopefully it comes back to Plus or Now at some point, will see if some time has made it any better.

* Doesn't include 8 items from digital only Endgame Edition

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

In news that probably surprises no one, they've adding paid XP boosts to the game. This is after slowing down progression a few months ago, and promising at launch to not include paid boosts.

May as well milk some money out of it before it is shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The trailer for Spidey content is coming tomorrow apparently. Tens of people will be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like there are no new missions for Spiderman unlike how Kate Bishop, Hawkeye and Black Panther were introduced. Looks like they took the easy route

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Low effort with Spiderman? I'm shocked, shocked i tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I doubt it was because Xbox fans might get upset, I'd say it was more that the devs didn't want to go to the effort of creating missions, maps, cutscenes etc that will only be playable on one console. Spider-Man himself requires designing combat, movement, voicelines, costumes etc. They probably see that as enough of an exclusive to put effort into without doing everything else too.

They promised PS players would get Spider-Man as an exclusive character. They never promised anything further than that.

Given the lacklustre response to the game and dwindling player base, I'm sure they want to focus on things all players on all platforms can play.

Advertisement