Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs : Legion (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Day 1.

A lot more previews on YouTube now. November is going to be really busy especially with AC Valhalla and Cyberpunk out three weeks later. This looks really good but don't know why they are releasing 2 major games so close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oh look, the Irish guy is a redheaded drinker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm getting a saints row feel from it , its looks cool though.

Thanks for posting these videos, Eoin.
    Can get overwhelming finding them all as there is so much!
    No problem. Yeah I have loads of different gameplay videos on my YouTube subscription page so just went with the Ubisoft ones. The gameplay looks so good and such a variety of characters to play as like a Beekeeper who can attack people with nano bees

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

From Watch dogs website

I'm not sure why this is news really? I mean, isn't that how the physical games work now anyway? If you want to play the physical PS4 version of this on a PS4, won't you have to keep the disc in the drive as well?

Sucks for anyone that goes with a Digital Version of a PS5, but I don't think that anyone with a bunch of PS4 discs is going to be buying the digital edition to start with anyway.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'm not sure why this is news really? I mean, isn't that how the physical games work now anyway? If you want to play the physical PS4 version of this on a PS4, won't you have to keep the disc in the drive as well?

Sucks for anyone that goes with a Digital Version of a PS5, but I don't think that anyone with a bunch of PS4 discs is going to be buying the digital edition to start with anyway.

Yeah I think its more the confirmation that if moving from PS4 disc version to PS5 you can't just sell off the PS4 version and get the PS5 version for free.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Watched Eurogamer's PC tech run down and its overview of Ray Tracing and all I can think is how ray tracing looks somewhat shoe horned in to show the tech off. I mean the reflections in shop windows looks nice and feel natural and not out of place but what is it with the ludicrous amounts of puddles on the roads. The reflections in them are fine but the share amount and how there placed just looks unnatural and immersion breaking. Does future London have the worlds worst road for potholes or something. I suppose if you don't show it off alot of people won't know its there but sometimes less is more.

I know its probably technical reasons behind it but the River Thames doesn't feature ray traced reflections which would been a more natural fit for the technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Watched the video with the taxi driver and the chase. If anything it has turned me off the game even more. Watched the beekeeper one above, the HUD in front of your face looks rediculous, the combat looks last gen (PS3/360), every second sentence is cursing which normally i don't mind but it seems a bit excessive and put in to make it sound edgy. The driving looks terrible, he barely tapped that bike with the car and the rider went flying into the air backwards. And it just all seems so busy, I feel like it will give me autism with sensory overload.

I'm sure it will sell well though, because people usually love what I hate. Re: Puddles, they're finally giving the puddles shown in the first trailer for Watch_Dogs 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

dreamers75 wrote: »

I'm happy to see him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm happy to see him back.

I think the sigh is more likely to be at the fact that he's locked behind DLC.

And if its not, that's why I would be sighing.

Had a feeling he would show up as some form of dlc seeing as Watch Dogs The Complete Edition is included with the Season Pass

Great. Now, any chance of going backwards and giving him a proper sequel without all the cultural garbage it has turned in to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

What cultural garbage?

The histper-isms and woke-isms. I probably used the wrong word(s). Much preferred the darker, more serious tone of the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I genuinely don't know what you mean by the -isms, but I agree that the tone of this seems to be far sillier than the previous games. It'll be interesting to see what tonal balance they go for, between having lots of wacky characters, but doing their thing against the backdrop of an evil Big Brother type police state.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The histper-isms and woke-isms. I probably used the wrong word(s). Much preferred the darker, more serious tone of the first one.

First one was really good, I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I agree. It was essentially GTA: Hipster and was trying very hard to be edgy and cool with intolerable characters that were just painful to interact with. That and the environment and enemies going from 0-100 trying to kill you was a put off.

I really enjoyed WD1. Sure it was a bit laboured by the end and a bit drab at parts but overall good fun.

I'm really unsure about this one though. I think it's greatest strength (play as anybody) will actually be it's biggest weakness and the game will be a bit meh as levels will be pieces of cake. I hope I'm wrong.

Ah yeah, used the wrong words. I suppose I use the term woke in the far more broader term than it's deliberate initial reason, like a lot of words these days. Anyway, as said above, it's the sillier tone and it's not silly in a Saints Row kinda way, just a bit too try-hard to be cool, hip(ster) and "with it". Game is definitely not aimed at me, but the second one seemed like it might.

Don't reckon I'll be getting this one. I like the idea of having a character that you can progress (albeit usually in a shallow way), the idea of being anyone and everyone just doesn't appeal to me. I'll wait for reviews, and if I do get it, it'll only be to have a next gen game (if that releases before something better, ie: Valhalla).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

1st one was a terrible game with a reasonable plot and an awful main character, 2nd one was much better game but terrible plot with "likeable" characters.

That last level in 1 is up with there with the worst design decisions I have ever played.

I didn't discover any likable characters in 2. Not a single one. They all annoyed me. And for that reason, I couldn't enjoy the game. I don't remember anything to bad about the first one tbh, but haven't played it since it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think some people found the first game too dreary and bland, so for the sequel Ubisoft just stuck lights, graffiti and noise on everything. I had hoped they'd find a middle ground for the third game but doesn't look like it, especially since they've shoved the novelty of the old woman with the taser down our throats so much already that if I ever do play the game, I'm going to make her character die just out of spite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Played them both this year. Really enjoyed the first, it looks great given its age, adds a new take on the gta type games which made the gameplay enjoyable, and the story and atmosphere were excellent too.

The 2nd game I found to be a pile of cack, tried a few times but couldn't get into it at all, too much is thrown at you early on, and it felt like was trying too hard to look like Vice City with it's big bright colours.

Have fairly low expectations from Legion, way too many character choices for my liking, Jack of all trades but master of none springs to mind

I would like if Jordi Chin returned. Anyone remember Jordi?

Penn wrote: »
    I had hoped they'd find a middle ground for the third game but doesn't look like it
    They could have. All they needed was a character called Aiden Holloway or Marcus Pearce ;)

Advertisement