Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs : Legion (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I recruited a spy along the way, who has access to a spy car!
    But how the hell do I call for that car?
    Sorry if that's a dumb question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The car has missiles too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hold up on the d pad and select the car.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    The car has missiles too :)

Nice :D

Struggled to finish this over the weekend.

Oddly the epilogue quest is possibly the best one in the game.

Overall very boring and samey " oh I back in this building again", seems incomplete.

Not sure how or why they are adding coop to in december, unlikely i would redownload it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭Cordell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Ugh, I was really enjoying this game, but it just lost several hours of progress for some reason, due to bugs with Series X suspend resume I think.

I'm pretty sure I was close to the ending too based on where the story had gotten to, but now I'm back before several large quest chains I completed today, including a boss battle I really don't want to repeat because it forces you into a big firefight when I've been playing the entire game stealthily wherever possible as that's my preferred play style.

Probably not going to complete it now because I don't want to do all that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Price drop already due to Black Friday. Down from €70 to €45 on PS4/PS5 for standard edition. Presumably similar drops for different editions/platforms.

Presumably not selling how they'd hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Penn wrote: »
    Price drop already due to Black Friday. Down from €70 to €45 on PS4/PS5 for standard edition. Presumably similar drops for different editions/platforms.

Presumably not selling how they'd hoped.
    Watch_Dogs 2 which had an autumn release (I think) dropped in price for Black Friday too.

I've been playing this on-and-off for the past few weeks. I like the different characters personalities and skills, but I mostly play the builder who has a nail gun as a weapon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Watch Dogs Legion Online Mode delayed to Early 2021
    As part of our commitment to fixing the game’s issues, we’ve decided to delay the Online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion to early 2021. This will allow us to focus on fixing issues with single player, and it will give us more time to test the Online experience to help ensure a smooth launch of the mode.

https://twitter.com/watchdogsgame/status/1331645796903645185?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

New update out for this fixes save issues on Xbox series X/S. Might be time for me to actually play the game. I still have to finish Batman AK though.

New update out for this fixes save issues on Xbox series X/S. Might be time for me to actually play the game. I still have to finish Batman AK though.

About time. I was really into the game before getting the new console destroyed it for me. Can't believe they've left the game in that completely unplayable state for a full month.

Not sure if I can muster the motivation to go back to it and replay the hours of progress that were lost last time to finally complete it as I've moved on to other things. I would like seeing how it ends though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Worth playing guys? I have uplay+ sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

When the DLC out for this? I finished the main story and thought it was good not great tho

This has to be my least favourite Watch Dogs game. I just didn't click with it at all.

Just started this a while ago. I just replayed WD 2 recently and I already miss the rc car to unlock things and the drone was amazing also.

Another thing is the accents are a bit of a ear sore. Innit, ya know what I mean, fam? :D

Done a bit more of this game not much though. Initial thoughts are cameras are hard to find as the detective mode(don't know correct name) doesn't stay on long enough. Stays on for about a second which is not long enough I'm finding at the beginning. You probably get used to it the longer you play. The spider bot why can't I launch that at will like WD 2. I have to find a sort of box to get it and usually in a red area so difficult to do.

Done a bit more of this game not much though. Initial thoughts are cameras are hard to find as the detective mode(don't know correct name) doesn't stay on long enough. Stays on for about a second which is not long enough I'm finding at the beginning. You probably get used to it the longer you play. The spider bot why can't I launch that at will like WD 2. I have to find a sort of box to get it and usually in a red area so difficult to do.

You can definitely deploy the spiderbot at will. Go into the inventory screens and make sure you have it equipped. Maybe you have to unlock it early in the game?

Spiderbot needs to be equipped, some people come with other options but they can be changed.

If the person doesnt have full perks move on regardless how cool they look :D

Think 3 or 4 is the maximum perks they can have.

This game is actually quite fun and looks amazing on my 4k VRR Tv powered by the series X.

I haven't even done much of the main story or even side quests just flying around on the cargo drone collecting notes(don't ask why) and relics or even sometimes the research points. I was in I think scotland yard or new scotland yard(can't remember) but I was collecting things and seen a guy in a cell so I freed him. I should have really recruited him, but I was just in a hurry to high tail it out of there. I honestly thought there was going to be some alarm or something going off and a tonne of guys coming running out but nothing happed so should have stayed and recruited him. Ah well.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    This has to be my least favourite Watch Dogs game. I just didn't click with it at all.

Out of genuine curiosity what did you not like about it?

I'm loving it. At the start I thought it was a let down but it all comes together when you have a person who can summon a spiderbot on the fly and also cargo drone. And you do not need a drone like you had in WD 2 as you can just
    take over one
    that is flying around and they seem to be every where.

I haven't done many missions as I am exploring collecting things but I took a break from that and made the city of Westminster definant and that was a great mini mission controlling the
    spider bot up the clock tower.

Out of genuine curiosity what did you not like about it?
    It was the operative recruitment that ground me down. I just found it distracting from the storyline. Recruiting was something I had to do as the character I played mostly would be arrested sometimes, so I had to switch to another one.

I will play the Aiden Pearce DLC as I'm a fan of him. Would like Jordi Chin to make an appearance too.

Crashes and bugs aside, I found it very addictive. It's one of those games where it's so easy to be distracted from the main story line.
    Has tons of replayability as well.

I haven't encountered any bugs yet. Touches wood.
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    It was the operative recruitment that ground me down. I just found it distracting from the storyline. Recruiting was something I had to do as the character I played mostly would be arrested sometimes, so I had to switch to another one.

I will play the Aiden Pearce DLC as I'm a fan of him. Would like Jordi Chin to make an appearance too.

I have only recruited 3 people so far so do not find it distracting. Who knows, I may when I play it more.

I didnt recruit anyone really, once you clear an area you are given a mission to recruit a top tier person. I just used them as they had full perks.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I didnt recruit anyone really, once you clear an area you are given a mission to recruit a top tier person. I just used them as they had full perks.

The first person I recruited was someone I thought was good looking. I was checking her out and seen the notification saying recruit her so I did this was with the starting character(well technically second as you are that guy first).

I had to go to a far away location from where I was and to a block of flats and download info off two of the guys who happened to be an Irish gang.

This is before I had the run of the game so it was pretty difficult and that's when I posted about not being able to use the spider bot as if I had him it would have been easy. Luckily as I was climbing higher up the flats I was spotted so one of the guys I had to download came after me so managed to download off him and then I changed strategy and climbed the flats from a different location and once I got as high as I could I seen there was cameras inside where they were and managed to download off the second guy. But that is when I was complaining about the detective mode not being on long enough but that's not a issue for me any more as I'm used to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Playing it on PS5. London looks terrific and the cars are really cool, like something Elon Musk would come up with.

I have to say though, not a fan of the "pick your own protagonist" thing. The characters faces look pretty unimpressive, worse than WD2. Understandable in the sense that the player can take control of so many characters so the developers can't devote the requisite attention to each character.

I think it hurts the voice acting too, they obviously had to hire a load of people to say the same lines and ehhh, yeah, some performances are better than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭Cordell

I think they ran out of money/time and this whole procedurally generated playable NPCs ended up as a missed opportunity that could have been much better.

It's hard to find vehicles in this game. I mean parked ones at the side of the road. The narrow streets compared to the two previous games seems to be the culprit.

Advertisement