Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valencia Marathon (and 10k) 2019

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

ISOP wrote: »
    is it to early for the 2020 thread lads? Ii just signed after getting email offering a 10 per cent discount :)

And I thought I was off me head thinking of signing up for a race 1 year and 4 days beforehand..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭ger664

ISOP wrote: »
    is it to early for the 2020 thread lads? Ii just signed after getting email offering a 10 per cent discount :)

Forty Year Anniversery next year get in before they make it a lottery:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

ah lads its a good one, as we were coming down the cobbles with around 800m to go they starting belting out the first few chords of ac/dc thunderstruck on massive speakers, the atmosphere was unreal, dare I say as good or better as Dublin, there seemed to appear 1000's of people out of nowhere shouting and roaring, Al the runners were lapping it up, normally I have the head down at this stage, but there was high five's, smiling and waving galore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Do you still get the bag of oranges at the end?
    Most refreshing thing ever
    Until the evening drinkies of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

Do you still get the bag of oranges at the end?
    Most refreshing thing ever
    Until the evening drinkies of course

You do, Ricky!! I had a hotel about 400 metres from the finish area and had a couple of bottles of beer in the fridge, but no bottle opener! When I went through the main doors the hotel had a little display with water and sweets and so on for finishers and I asked 'em about the tool I needed. No bother says a manager and she gave me a bottle opener there and then.

Sweet end to a tough enough morning.

And, ISOP, that last stretch from 40 to the finish is pretty manic alright. I have no recall of music by the ramp though. I was concentrating on not falling. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Trampas

Signed up for this year. A free number so why not. Any suggestion on places to stay?

Advertisement