Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criterium du Dauphine - spoilers

Options
  • 12-06-2019 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

No thread for the criterium of the doughyfanny.

Sam Bennett winning yesterday and news today that Froome is out after crashing on TT recon. Been good racing last few days.

Highlights on itv4 at 7 each night live on Eurosport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

neris wrote: »
    No thread for the criterium of the doughyfanny.

Sam Bennett winning yesterday and news today that Froome is out after crashing on TT recon. Been good racing last few days.

Highlights on itv4 at 7 each night live on Eurosport

Reports that Froome broke his leg in that crash and will miss the TdF, unconfirmed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Confirmed broken femur, out of the tdf

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

When you find out your sole leader at the tour

NINTCHDBPICT000423618763-e1535314039264.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Regardless of what folk may think of him, it's a shame and the Tour is slightly diminished because of his absence.

Maybe worth a thread on its own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Terrible news. Was looking forward to seeing how he went in the TDF.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Regardless of what folk may think of him, it's a shame and the Tour is slightly diminished because of his absence.

Maybe worth a thread on its own?

Agreed I know we take the Mick out of him and others but we want to see the best riders racing and the riders want to race against the best

When you find out your sole leader at the tour

NINTCHDBPICT000423618763-e1535314039264.jpg

I reckon bernal has an even bigger smile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

retalivity wrote: »
    I reckon bernal has an even bigger smile

Definitely a big boost for Bernal's chances, at lunchtime today Bernal was being quoted at odds of 33/1 to win the tour.

Obviously betting has been suspended since the news of Froomes injury

2zoav6g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

wonder will that open up a spot for Dunbar as a domestique for Thomas ....
    Tough after Giro I know but he performed really well and they may feel that the experience now will stand to him in terms of how Le Tour works

• Advertisement

WVA going like a rocket here !!!!!!!!

46 seconds out of Tom Dumoulin, wow.

Is wva known as a tt'er?? Thought he was xc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Reasonable effort from Dan, 20th on the stage and moves up to 13th overall 1.13 down with the hilly stuff to come. I think he will be happy with that

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Even though I'm not Froome's biggest fan, you don't like to see any cyclist injured and ruled out of a tour. I think Thomas had his number in the big tours in any case.

Are Ineos weakened much by Froome's loss?

And is Carapaz taking part in TdF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Not that I know of, but Nibali and Roglic said they would see how they felt after the Giro and then decide. I think they'll turn up now!

The Thomas/Bernal combo reminds me of Wiggens/Froome in 2012, but with more rivals this time round. Will Bernal be allowed his freedom if he is clearly stronger in the mountains, unlike Froome in 2012? I say yes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sounds like Froome took a right bang. Broken leg, elbow and ribs. Will be out for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

godtabh wrote: »
    Sounds like Froome took a right bang. Broken leg, elbow and ribs. Will be out for a long time

Indeed. The femur is one of the strongest bones and it takes a lot of force to break it.
    Will probably need surgery on that, never mind the other injuries, which could be nasty given the force involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

retalivity wrote: »
    Is wva known as a tt'er?? Thought he was xc...
    CX 😊 and he is now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

godtabh wrote: »
    Hit the wall at 65kph according to Ineos.

He went to blow his nose and the heavy winds took his front wheel.

Such a dangerous sport at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Skipping the tour but due to ride the Veulta. Movistar already have quintana for the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Movistar already have quintana for the tour.
    And Valverde. And Landa... :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Just on the basis of the Giro, Roglic has no team, Nibali has a decent team, and Movistar looked strong. But Quintana has done little in recent years although should be rested and Landa is in good form, but might be tired. I think Froome gone will even things up a little, ie one less guy for the other GC contenders to mark on the climbs. You'd have to say Ineos to win, probably Thomas.

todays stage 201km long

stage-5-profile.jpg

This is wetting my appetite for the tour. Really is nothing like a sunny day in France with the race rolling through small towns. They can be boring days but lovely scenery.

All happening at the Dauphine. Wonder will this mean froome been given the 2011 vuelta

https://twitter.com/friebos/status/1139174017045336069?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Cobo being DQ'd is not a surprise, shame it took so long to get a decision. Froome will get the '11 Vuelta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Aert Won Nowt....... again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭griffin100

All happening at the Dauphine. Wonder will this mean froome been given the 2011 vuelta

https://twitter.com/friebos/status/1139174017045336069?s=19

The result of the 2011 Vuelta along with the 2013 result are two of the most ridiculous surprising GT results ever.

Advertisement