Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest steak cork

Options
  • 12-06-2019 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to go for a steak over the weekend , normally I go to the steak house kinsale but they closed down , I have tried a few places around the city and they were nice just not enough 8/12 Oz

I'm looking for a 28/32 Oz , is there anywhere in cork that has steak like this still ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Apparently the Briar Rose have a new steak called the Tomahawk, high 20s in ounces so I hear.

Edit: 1.2 kg.

https://www.facebook.com/briarrosedouglascork/posts/2770087099685198?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

TheChizler wrote: »
    Apparently the Briar Rose have a new steak called the Tomahawk, high 20s in ounces so I hear.

I wonder if that includes the weight of the stupid long bone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I wonder if that includes the weight of the stupid long bone?

yep it does, Cornstore also have a 1.2kg tomahawk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Expect it to be cut to cover the €75K tax bill

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I was I'n the briar rose about two months ago for carvery, food wasn't great I wouldn't rush back

Last time I was in cornstore was around Xmas and there was no tomahawk on the menu then anyway , I'm sure the biggest was 14/16oz , couldn't fault it very nice but I just want bigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

order two steaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

This "Tomahawk" bullshit is a thick-cut rib-eye with the rib bone still attached. Also known as a "Cowboy" steak. Personally I wouldn't waste my money and go for a decent filet mignon.

OP, last time I checked Dan Sheahan's out Ovens way was doing a T-bone that would knock a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

jimgoose wrote: »
    This "Tomahawk" bullshit is a thick-cut rib-eye with the rib bone still attached. Also known as a "Cowboy" steak. .

So called cowboy steak is a ribeye with the bone attached (just the length of the steak) and is a lovely cut if you like a bit of bone in your steak.

The Tomahawk has the bone untrimmed so it's really long like a Tomahawk handle with a big steak on the end. Completely pointless and only done for visual effect. And paying by weight, you're paying for huge bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Yeah the Cornstore does a big oul steak. I don't get steak in restaurants anymore. Its an absolute rip off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I'd love to order two steaks as mentioned above but as also mentioned above the price is an absolute joke for what you get

The t bone from the steak house in kinsale was 28oz and 32euros but worth every penny ,I'd actually feel full after it , some places are 25-30e for a steak half that size

I'll see if I can get info on Dan Sheehan's thanks

Advertisement