Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Unfiltered....

Options
  • 12-06-2019 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

just started to listen to this, overall it has been very enjoyable.
    Always a fan of Dion Fanning even if I didnt agree with his footballing opinions a lot of the time, he was and is an excellent writer. His 'week that was' column in the Sunday Independent was always superb.

Found the interviews with Alastair Campbell/Michael Martin/Tommy Tiernan/Dunphy/Healy Rae/Brett Easton Ellis all really good and absorbing.
    And the John Barnes one was truly wonderful (and I say this as an Evertonian!)

I think he struggles when he finds the interviewee to be a bit of a waffler or bull****ter, which I think was the case with the walking ego that is Andrew Maxwell, you could actually sense Fanning's discomfort with Maxwell describing himself as a 'weirdo', you knew he wanted to reply to that with 'no your not'. He should have. The Tubridy interview was very banal too.
    The only thing that I really dislike is the self-regarding little post interview appraisal/review from the producer. Knock that on the head lads, we can all listen and make our own minds up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Have to say i'm really enjoying it too

Its come at a good time as the An Irishman Abroad podcast which is a similar format has gone backwards majorly of late

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I quite liked the Maxwell interview.

A lot of the interviews are pretty good too.

They could do with reminding the interviewee to pull that sucker (microphone) up to your face as Joe Rogan would say. Sometimes it's difficult to hear them and then they move in their chair and they're very loud.

Advertisement