Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10k races

Options
  • 12-06-2019 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Anybody recommend some good 10k races over next 2 months. I have heard dunshaughlin and clonee are the better ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Dunshaughlin sold out sorry to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Tommy Max wrote:
    Anybody recommend some good 10k races over next 2 months. I have heard dunshaughlin and clonee are the better ones?

South Dublin 10k in July. Part of marathon race series.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Tommy Max wrote: »

I did Clonee last year and like it. Nice local club race feel to it too. All on country back roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Great one in Claregalway in August. Flat course and well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

Dun Laoghaire 10km on bank Holiday weekend in August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

Looking really for 10ks in the next month in around Dublin. Clonee probably seems like the best option since Dunshaughlin is sold out.

Only downside is Kilcock 5k is the following day. Two good races that I'm sure a lot of runners would like to do both

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭crisco10

Looking really for 10ks in the next month in around Dublin. Clonee probably seems like the best option since Dunshaughlin is sold out.

Only downside is Kilcock 5k is the following day. Two good races that I'm sure a lot of runners would like to do both

Race series 10km is on 21st July, as mentioned above. its run in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

crisco10 wrote: »
    Race series 10km is on 21st July, as mentioned above. its run in Clondalkin.

Yes did that one last year. Nice race and a course that will give a good fair test.

Did Clonee before and its quiet popular so will do that one anyway. Nice to have the race as a workout during the week and schedule long run for weekend after a few days recovery. Fits well.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

Yes did that one last year. Nice race and a course that will give a good fair test.

Did Clonee before and its quiet popular so will do that one anyway. Nice to have the race as a workout during the week and schedule long run for weekend after a few days recovery. Fits well.

How does the Clondalkin course compare to Fingal course where this race used to be? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭crisco10

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    How does the Clondalkin course compare to Fingal course where this race used to be? Thanks

Not sure what Fingal was like, but here's my activity from last year in Clondalkin.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2871047432

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Duzzie

10k in Inch, County Wexford in aid of Irish Cancer Support. 28th July 2019

https://www.popupraces.ie/race/never-give-up-5k-10k/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Big Bad Wolf

Can anyone recommend a good 10k to do before Xmas, from Oct-Dec ?

Im leaning towards the Donadea 10k at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

You have mo running mid November in Phoenix park

colin32 wrote: »
    You have mo running mid November in Phoenix park

Lots of people in fancy dress costumes would rule that one out for me.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Longwood 10k on late Oct - great race, not flat!!

Longwood 10k on late Oct - great race, not flat!!

Yep. That's just what I'm looking for and at 11 euro to enter, it would be rude not to :)
    That will do me, thank you for the recommendation.

Advertisement