Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KIB4Life

To be honest I wouldn't read too much into any of the games this week, Miltown had a much more full deck to play with. They probably will be hard to beat alright, but at the same times ourselves in Kilmurry only had 7 starters from last years county final and two of them in Darren Hickey and David Sexton went off injured with Enda Coughlan having to come on and play the last 10 minutes in goals after Sexton went off.
    Keelan Sexton, Ciarán Morrissey, Daniel Walsh, Aidan McCarthy, Noel Downes, Mark Killeen all have to return for Kilmurry as there was a lot of Junior players playing for Kilmurry while Miltown had Kieran Malone, Darragh McDonagh and Gearoid Curtin returned for Miltown today who were all unavailable for Miltown last year.
    The Team Line-Ups Were

Miltown
    1 Seán O'Brien
    2 Euan Reidy 3 Seanie Malone 4 Aidan McGaune
    5 Micheál Murray 6 Gordon Kelly 12 Kieran Malone
    8 Oisin Looney 9 Darragh McDonagh
    10 Joe Carmody 11 Cormac Murray 7 Gearoid Curtin
    13 Sean Malone 20 Liam Hehir 15 Brian Curtin

Kilmurry
    1 David Sexton
    2 Michael Comber 3 Darren Hickey 4 Ciaran O'Neill
    5 Darragh Sexton 11 Shane Hickey 7 Colin Brigdale
    8 Diarmuid King 9 Niall Shannon
    10 Andrew Shannon 6 Evan Talty 12 Joe Campbell
    19 Damien Lynch 14 Steven Moloney 15 Martin McMahon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I just spotted that Ennisdymon beat Eiro Og today, 1-11 to 0-11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

With all the posts a few pages ago again re the ****e county board we have I wonder, does everyone here know their club delegates and get onto them before/after meetings or do they just complain here and nothing else, the silence from club delegates is shocking in each meeting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In reality the monthly meeting is just a quick update meeting, anything that needs to be covered should be addressed will advance and only brought to the meeting as information or as a discussion point if needed, it's why the chairman said that Pat Fitz contract wouldn't be discussed as it wasn't submitted in writing. There's over 30 clubs represented in each meeting as well as the executive, if it was to be a free for all then the meeting would take days to get through.

Another example of the ineptness (is that a word?) of the county board is that the Clare Cup is to start next weekend but no day/times have been announced yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭Figerty

With all the posts a few pages ago again re the ****e county board we have I wonder, does everyone here know their club delegates and get onto them before/after meetings or do they just complain here and nothing else, the silence from club delegates is shocking in each meeting

You don't get to 'get onto' your delegate. You have club monthly meetings chaired by the club that you put your views through. That's the process. If you want it raised get it on the agenda you go to the meeting, and passed. Clud delegates are exactly that, delegate that bring motions from the clubs. Then your club delegate is obliged to raise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Mark Landers on Dalo's pod says the Wexford public are getting onto the Wexford squad for answers at a local level - in his words 'a wrong was done.'

Figerty wrote: »
    You don't get to 'get onto' your delegate. You have club monthly meetings chaired by the club that you put your views through. That's the process. If you want it raised get it on the agenda you go to the meeting, and passed. Clud delegates are exactly that, delegate that bring motions from the clubs. Then your club delegate is obliged to raise it.

I'm aware, I was shorthanding rather than writing it as you have... I just wonder as with the recent issue with the comments made towards Niall O'Connor many delegates sat silent, I'm just asking, my own club are fairly tired of me asking if issues can be raised

I'm aware, I was shorthanding rather than writing it as you have... I just wonder as with the recent issue with the comments made towards Niall O'Connor many delegates sat silent, I'm just asking as I ask anyone who gives out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Clareman wrote: »
    Another example of the ineptness (is that a word?) of the county board is that the Clare Cup is to start next weekend but no day/times have been announced yet.

Days have been announced yes (in the champion last Thursday and posted to secretaries also) but no times officially until this Thursday which is ridiculous (unless you know someone on the fixtures committee and ring them beforehand).

• Advertisement

I'm aware, I was shorthanding rather than writing it as you have... I just wonder as with the recent issue with the comments made towards Niall O'Connor many delegates sat silent, I'm just asking as I ask anyone who gives out

I see you point. Gallaghers comments came at the end of the meeting as far a I know. I suppose this was an off agenda item so the Delegates aren't sure of the real background or going on. In that case, it's hard to judge what is happening in the room and the back channels.

What we have seen is the CB hiding behind processed such the questions re the Secretary's postion.. but on the other hand we have seen delegates go off on solo runs and have to applogise later as it was personal views not clubs positions they put forward.

The executive are elected every year, the ballot papers are sent out in advance to clubs to vote for whoever they want, this is down to the club and the delegate brings the vote, there has been cases where the delegate goes against the clubs wishes but they aren't usually re-elected after that. The last few county board meetings have been interesting because of Niall Romer bringing up issues but he shouldn't be bringing up the way he is, I've heard his club has had words with him over it.

I know not everyone spoke up at the time but a number of delegates did and the chair of the meeting gave him the opportunity to retract his statement so there would have been some conversation about it. According to The Clare Echo there's 114 people in attendance at meetings, if the floor is to be left open for all topics they'd be days at meetings.

The only way the current executive will be gotten rid of will be by election and the only way there will be an election is by people being nominated for the role and going for a vote, I can't imagine many people would want to take up the mantel of Finance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

formerlyET wrote: »
    Mark Landers on Dalo's pod says the Wexford public are getting onto the Wexford squad for answers at a local level - in his words 'a wrong was done.'
    Yeah he can talk a bit of ****e at times alright.

Yeah he can talk a bit of ****e at times alright.

It struck me a while ago that this has to be seeping into the Wexford dressing room to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BnB

It struck me a while ago that this has to be seeping into the Wexford dressing room to some extent.

Agree 100%. The players aren't dumb. Surely, they know that a wrong was done and they're part of it. That has to get into your head. This whole "everyone else is out to get us" siege mentality can only get you so far.

Were the fixtures committee meeting last night ?

Any update on club fixtures for next weekend ?

BnB wrote: »
    Agree 100%. The players aren't dumb. Surely, they know that a wrong was done and they're part of it. That has to get into your head. This whole "everyone else is out to get us" siege mentality can only get you so far.

If it undermines trust, then the dressing room will be lost, but players want to do the best for the team and will try to keep it out of their heads.

Were the fixtures committee meeting last night ?

Any update on club fixtures for next weekend ?

They were supposed to meet last night, heard a couple of fixtures but I think they are still waiting for pitch availability to finalize the fixtures, typical organised chaos, Colm Browne stepping down has had a massive impact on them I hear.

They were supposed to meet last night, heard a couple of fixtures but I think they are still waiting for pitch availability to finalize the fixtures, typical organised chaos, Colm Browne stepping down has had a massive impact on them I hear.

There were 9 new hurling teams entered in Clare this year (2nd, 3rd & 4th teams). Kilmaley, Broadford, Clooney-Quin, Crusheen, Ogonnelloe, Éire Óg, St. Josephs Doora/Barefield, Scariff and Ennistymon.

https://www.clareecho.ie/15-clubs-to-field-an-additional-team-this-year/

I found out today that decided to not bother entering any of these teams in the League and have come up with a complete BS excuse that Junior C teams never played in the league before. (I played Junior C hurling for a long time and have always played the league)

I am mightily p1ssed off. I would be togging for one of these teams and I was only asking about fixtures a few posts back because I was looking forward to what should be our first game this weekend.

Shower of utter pr1cks

The 6 new teams that were entered in football were all put into a league division together and played their first game last weekend.

• Advertisement

There was always a junior C league, ffs awful that they haven't included that with so many people wanting to play

There were 9 new hurling teams entered in Clare this year (2nd, 3rd & 4th teams). Kilmaley, Broadford, Clooney-Quin, Crusheen, Ogonnelloe, Éire Óg, St. Josephs Doora/Barefield, Scariff and Ennistymon.

https://www.clareecho.ie/15-clubs-to-field-an-additional-team-this-year/

I found out today that decided to not bother entering any of these teams in the League and have come up with a complete BS excuse that Junior C teams never played in the league before. (I played Junior C hurling for a long time and have always played the league)

I am mightily p1ssed off. I would be togging for one of these teams and I was only asking about fixtures a few posts back because I was looking forward to what should be our first game this weekend.

Shower of utter pr1cks

The 6 new teams that were entered in football were all put into a league division together and played their first game last weekend.

They are getting excellent at incomptence but I do remember Junior C and it was a disaster. There were more walkovers than matches.

There was always a junior C league, ffs awful that they haven't included that with so many people wanting to play

Technically there wasn't (and the County Board do love Technicalities these days)

The lowest League was Division 5 (also called the Junior B league) which was split into 5a, 5b and 5c. Generally 5c was made up of all Junior C teams.

But the naming of Leagues in Clare mean very little anyway. Most decent Junior B teams generally play in the Junior A league. Most decent Junior A teams play in the intermediate league and so on. No problem with that. Just saying that the naming's don't really mean anything.

Anyway, the county board are now using this so that the can claim that Junior C was always for championship only and that there was no Junior C league, despite that fact that previously all Junior C teams played in the league in division 5c.

According to the Clare Echo article on the new teams, there was to be a new division. Not sure where they got this at the time, but it doesn't seem to be happening now.

...All of these new teams will compete in the junior C championship and in the junior, division 6 league.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

I believe that supporters will be allowed into the Clare v Kilkenny match on Saturday, and to the other ones. Any news on how tickets will be handled in Ennis?

Grats wrote: »
    I believe that supporters will be allowed into the Clare v Kilkenny match on Saturday, and to the other ones. Any news on how tickets will be handled in Ennis?

200 to the Park and 100 to all other games. I think, but am open to correction, that these numbers include stewards and additional team officials (e.g. if a team wants to bring all their squad)

So they've the days for the matches up but don't have the times, they just can't do communication can they???

https://clare.gaa.ie/fixtures-results/

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KIB4Life

200 to the Park and 100 to all other games. I think, but am open to correction, that these numbers include stewards and additional team officials (e.g. if a team wants to bring all their squad)

The figure of 200 and 100 is separate to stewards, management’ and officials this year as it says in the GAA website that these figures are in addition to team officials, players, management and stewards. Anyone know how they are deciding who gets into the games this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I thought the 100 was a figure for spectators? Not stewards, etc.

Sorry, I was wrong, the 100 is spectators and doesn't include stewards/officals/etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Sorry, I was wrong, the 100 is spectators and doesn't include stewards/officals/etc

In all fairness the 100 figure is so conservative..why not make it 1000 at least. And on top of that everyone that is vaccinated should be allowed..

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Advertisement