Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I think sixmilebridge will get over tones handy enough, they have been very impressive so far

I couldn't call the inagh/k v townies game too close to call , Eire og had a fine win against Clooney to get to this point so I give them the nod

I have been impressed with some of the young lads Clooney have introduced, I fancy them for the upset against ballyea especially if duggan is on form

Cratloe are every bit as dangerous as the bridge plus they have had a good break over the last 3 weeks, I think they will be there or there abouts

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭supernova5

Cusack Park looks so out-dated and drab

It also lacks atmosphere, they really need to upgrade the river side stand and have it seated

As I say the atmosphere is nothing there as it is in cooraclare or Doonbeg in football or tulla or the bridge in hurling

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The park is a disgrace in my opinion, it's so drab and dreary, unless it's a packed house there's no atmosphere there, but it is what we have so we'll have to get used to it. It's only when you see the likes of Nolan Park on TV that you realise how bad our facilities are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Sat 24th Sep 22

Cratloe v Newmarket on Fergus - Clare Gaa TV

Senior Hurling Championship Qtr Final

Cusack Park 3:00 PM

Whitegate v Clarecastle

Senior Hurling Championship Playoff

Tulla 5:00 PM

Sixmilebridge v Wolfe Tones S. - Clare Gaa TV

Cusack Park 5:00 PM

Sun 25th Sep 22

Ballyea v Clooney Quin - Clare Gaa TV

Cusack Park 12:00 PM

Scariff v Smith O'Brien

Senior Hurling Championship Playoff

Tulla 1:00 PM

Inagh-Kilnamona v Éire Óg Ennis - Live on TG4

Cusack Park 2:30 PM

Note the change of venue for games originally down for sixmilebridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Inagh-Kilnamona v Éire Óg Ennis - Live on TG4!

live on TG4, fair play

i still think the best game they could have picked is the cloony quin game, with the emergence of what a promising young team , plus the tony kelly v ryan taylor , peter duggan v deasy factor it probably will be a better game

not impressed with what i have seen from inagh/k this year , i imagine eire og will win but o donnell is obviously going to be key to that

Clare gaa tv have an excellent line up of games this weekend too

They'll most likely record that for highlights

Best game of the day was played out in tulla as Clarecastle overcame Whitegate to secure their senior status for next season , they had cian broadrick to thank for with 5 or 6 point blank saves , Whitegate were spirted as always but with two teams going down they were behind the 8 ball from the word go as regards relegation is concerned , they will be strong in intermediate next year though

Sixmilebridge are through to the semi final without too much asked of them against a limited Wolfe tones performance , the shannon men had a few injuries but were never in this , made a decent fight back in the middle of the second half when the game was all but over , jamie shannahan , seadna morey excellent for the winners

Jamie Shanahan (0-13, 8f);

Shane Golden (1-3);

David Kennedy, (1-1)

Seadna Morey (1-1 );

Caimin Morey (0-2, 1f);

Brian Corry,0-1

Evan McInerney0-1

Rian Considine put in a huge display as cratloe impressively saw off a gutsy newmarket performance today , after a controlled start the blues forged back in the second half setting up a grandstand finish before the afore mentioned Considine scored a rasper of a goal before setting up sean gallagher to see off the blues late on , colin ryan pitched in with a late penilty but the game was probably out of newmarkets reach by then , diarmuid ryan , rian considine ,conor mccgrath and shane gleeson all excellent for the winners

both sixmilebridge and cratloe have been the front runners in the championship this year , unless they meet each other in the next round its hard to see them being separated from a county final showdown best two teams in the county at the moment

Rian Considine (1-8, 3f, 3’65);

Cathal McInerney, (0-3)

Shane Gleeson,(0-3)

Diarmuid Ryan (0-3;

Sean Gallagher (1-0);

Podge Collins, (0-2)

Conor McGrath (0-2 );

Daithi Collins,(0-1)

Shane Neville (0-1 )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Jizique

9 point win for Ballyea, sounds comprehensive

• Advertisement

What a display by Shane O'Donnell, think he has 1-7 all from play by half time

On his day he really is unmarkable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,742 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Teams/benches hardly available anywhere? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭supernova5

jesus this must be very bad for Jason McCarthy, play already held up for 20 minutes

Looked like he landed very awkwardly on his left leg

Best wishes to Jason, looks like a bad break

Almost 50 minutes to get an ambulance when we have a hospital 2km away is crazy, 20 minutes for the rapid response also..

Always a joke that no procedure is put in place to have the red cross or civil defence at quarter finals onwards

Post edited by Sterling Archer on

happened a tipperary footballer a few years ago too , got injured and had to wait 45 minutes for one , we always had somthing in place 20 years ago how come we have nothing in place now , there was only a hand full of games on today as you said why not have an order of malta ambulance on stand by for both games or say the civil defense ,

Starting with relegation , mark rodgers many of us belive him to be the Aire to tony kellys throne someday . today his tony kelly esc performance was more then enough for scariff to avoid the drop , a 25 point win in the end , with rodgers scoring 4-12 , his 2nd and 3rd goals were somthing to behold

i feel sorry for the smiths , they brought great excitement to this years championship , its a shame 2 had to go down this year they have some excellent individual players to be fair would love to see them bounce back up , today was a day to forget

highlights of yesterdays relegation final,

Eire og stormed past inagh/k with a first half blitz , goals from danny russell and shane odonnell had the townies in cruise control , jason mccarthys injury took the sting out of the game as he had to wait 50 minutes on the field for an ambulance we all wish him a speedy recovery , it looked a fairly nasty injury

Ballyea eventually saw off a brave clooney quin challange in the other 1/4 final today , an early second half tony kelly penalty put 6 points between the sides , ballyeas game management kicked in and held off the young cloony side point for point from there on , the game petered out into a free taking contest late on , the 4 beat teams of the championship are through the the semi finals , its anyones from here out ,kelly with 1-7 and deasy with 7 points the holders will take stopping i feel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Figerty

I think there was proper medical attention available at the match. it may have been a team doctor but it seemed to be under control when the paramedic arrived. He parked the car and seemed to be comfortable with what he saw. Someone made the call not to move McCarty given the nature of the injury. I would presume, and I am not sure, that there was a medic there on site.

The question has to be why an ambulance took so long to come. Was it parked at base a mile away? That's more worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Treble double

Horrible injury for Jason Mccarthy, hope the recovery goes well, tough on the brother too who has only recently recovered from a serious leg jnjury. The game was insignificant after that.

I think in this day and age we always need to blame someone when something goes wrong. I presume the decision was made not to move him untill an ambulance came, the ambulance took a long time, but that is an every day reality, not virtual reality where most people are living.

I don't think the delay is going to aggravate the injury and I assume he was well medically supervised until the ambulance arrived. I think those in attendance will also survive the delay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Figerty

Someone made the decision not to move him onto a stretcher and into the dressing rooms. That was a medical decision I presume.

I barely caught it on television but looked like a bad landing. It didn't look like IK were going to make a comeback before it happened but you never know.

The thing that annoys me is why don't the gaa have their own ambulance on site via civil defence or order of Malta like they they use to do

We all know the incompotance of the HSE , I once heard of a at of story where a man watching a hurling gaming mungret had to wait an hour a half for an ambulance, after a cardiac arrest, he would have been quicker walk , don't realy in the HSE for anything

Ya given the severity of his injury, they were told not to move him, poor lad was in unimaginable pain.

But the main issue is the long wait for an ambulance and the lack of one on-site,

Looking at it purely from health and safety perspective we will have larger crowds at upcoming games, should always have an ambulance from Quarter finals onwards,

Also not too great by the clare champion posting that photo.. I know it was removed quickly, but even a quick glance at it and you can see it shouldn't have been put up

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

Semi finals

Ballyea v Cratloe

Eire Og v Sixmilebridge

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It was a double break of the bones above the ankle and a dislocated ankle, the proper decision was made not to move him, the physios/doctor that was there did all they could to keep him comfortable. I hear the calls to have an ambulance there for the match but why a quarter final and not the group games? Why just senior hurling, why not all grades? There's often an ambulance on site for big games but that's more for the crowd than for the players but to expect an ambulance to be on site for games, sorry but that's just not feasible.

Ya horrible, I thought Keating spoke well about it on clare fm today, my calls are around the crowd numbers and the medical training, where while they wouldn't have been insured or able to move J they would still be able to provide a possible higher level of medical prognosis on the pitch

Clare GAA have ordered a replay between Shannon Gaels and Kildysart in the Clare Intermediate Football Championship. Date, time and venue to be confirmed.

If they had there way they would have ordered it last week, but they had to allow for a full investigation, joke of a situation, in fairness to referee pat Keane he had very little help on the day

Does anyone know if the 97 club finals exist anywhere on video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,742 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Only ones you’d have rights to view would be ones either on YouTube or else sent over by someone involved in Clare GAA

If it’s an RTE archive/TG4 archive or anything like that, then forget about it unless you pay them rights fees to access

EDIT: Misread the question!!

Post edited by callaway92 on

Advertisement