Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Best of luck to the u20 hurlers tonight.

We're probably up against it going into the lion's den to face Tipp in Thurles, but there's certainly a chance.

Fantastic win, very dominant last 20 minutes from the Clare lads.....very comfortable in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭supernova5

yes they were the better team but made very hard work of it, shot a big number of wides again but kept plugging away. Tipp were definitely off colour compared to their display against Limerick and Waterford

Lohan's injury looks bad and very likely miss next Monday nights final, huge improvement needed if they want to trouble Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

That's a serious improvement from round 1 where we were lucky to get a late draw against them in the park

The two lads Connealy and O'Neil look really prospects , was very impressed with Connealy for Clooney in the club championship last year, a future center back long term I think

And now the minors getting the job done , good times for Clare hurling !!

• Advertisement

sublime display from the Minors, totally deserved winners,

7 point winning margin was just about the correct difference between the two teams

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

Brilliant win, looked very even in first half but we had a super third quarter which won the game for us.

excellent win some turn around from only a few years ago , great dynasty in that panel , michael O'Halloran's young lad, Allan Neville's son , jamsies young lad came on as did fergie heargetys son, his nephew wasnt bad either . at center back excellent win , eoin o brian excellent as was gunning the captain fantastic couple of nights in thurles

again this turn around comes from appointing excellent coaches likes of brian oconnell and donal moloney , Terrence fahey at 20s level and good organizing from a county board level with everyone singing from the same sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Any word on David reidys availability for Clare this weekend?

• Advertisement

No idea , you'd get more information out of the north Korean government then you would out of Brian lohan or from inside the camp , pecking order in the forwards is getting big given, Ian Galvin , Aaron Shanaghar Shane Meehan and robin Mounsey started on the bench against Limerick

Apparently that particular 1970s piece of St Bernard attire was placed into retirement after pat Fitz retired

Rumour has it, it's framed on the wall in caherlohan signed by the 40 members of his sons backroom staff that nearly broke the county in 2015

No changes to the hurling team named from the one that started the Limerick game.

No David Reidy in the matchday squad.

Post edited by keeponhurling on

i have no update either on his injury ,i would argue our options outside of cian nolan at the back we are very light on the bench if anything goes wrong in the middle 3rd , forwards are stacked

other thing that worries me slightly is , it dosnt seem we will have a big crowd in thurles we get very complacent in front of goal at times and hit some amount of wides , i feel the atmosphere in limerick drove us on 2 weeks ago , we will still need a noisy clare crowd to drive us on tomorrow ,it will be cagey the way fitz sets his teams up completely different to the 15 v 15 joust of two weeks ago against an ultra honest manager

In defence we also have Paul Flanagan in the subs, plus Aaron Fitz.

but totally agree that if either Cleary or Conlon at 3 or 6 is injured, we don’t have replacements and the team is very much weakened.

on the plus side some of the backs on the minor and u20 teams this year have been really outstanding , so hopefully they’ll start pushing up to the senior team in the coming years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Figerty

David Mc will go into either position and fill the gap with a wing back sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Happy with the win today but far from a vintage performance. Red card finished the game as a contest. Tony and Ryan Taylor were outstanding. Pretty poor stuff from Waterford though. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear there is trouble down there behind the scenes. If what Davy said about "some clown from Clare" laughing down at him is true, I'd be disappointed with that. Big improvement in discipline required before we tackle cork for a place in the Munster final.b

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

Embarrassing, should have been booked. Creeping into the game more and more

https://twitter.com/mlverney/status/1657448324541054976

heard he had a scan for a quad last week , he picked it up int he limerick game but i didnt know he was out today , i would have been no help to you

• Advertisement

like yourself i am happy with the outcome but not the performance , at least gaa go and rte wont be berated like they were last week for missing the best game of the championship

we tried to see out the last 20 minutes with our foot on the accelerator while in 2nd gear , if we were a car we would have blown the pistons

let waterford worry about waterford , today i have seen whats wrong with clare gaa , last week we played kerry ,they didnt care who we were or anyone else , they didnt care about what problems existed in the county they had a job to do and did it ruthlessly , despite their best players mother passing away the night before

why did we take the foot off the pedel so quickly today , when the game was a contest we were error ridden , lohan was furious and rightly so , i cant imagine cork will be shaking in there boots at the prospect of driving up to ennis next Sunday

yes kelly brilliant , o'donnell outstanding , malone fantastic , david mc and diarmuid ryan excellent . but we need to be ruthless like kilkenny , like kerry in football in my opinion to reach the next level , sleepwalking for the last 10/15 minutes is not good enough

totally agree with this, the last 15/20 minutes resembled a challenge game, apart from gifting Tipp 3.2 in the first game I think this was by far Clare's sloppiest performance. positives to be taken from it are no red cards/suspensions and didn't have to expend massive reserves of energy to claim the two points.

concerning aspects are suppose it comes down to points difference [which could very well happen as Clare are idle on last day and Tipp, Cork and Limerick will know exactly what they have to aim at] Could that lackadaisical approach really come back to haunt them?

if we are missing McCarthy against Cork it'll be a massive blow to our hopes, a very big loss yesterday

ok all jokes aside purple jumpers and the like , this interview last night showed the real davey fitz and he is defiant he is also right about the first half before the sending off

nicholas rynne is a top man too to capture these moments right at the end of games

^ Lohan's interviews not the most exciting !

It is a quick turnaround time to the Cork game, Cork having an extra week on us. McCarthy and McInerney injuries a bit concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,731 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I actually assumed you were Nicholas to be honest ha

While his interviews often come across highly amateur in quality - I enjoy how raw they are. No harm having people like him there and not just the yes-men of Clare FM etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Jesus, lad! Where'd you find those? You spying on my posts again? 🤣

I would have thought that last year, before Paidi Fitzpatrick was called in for the Kilkenny game... !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 missie1234

Where to get tickets when not available on ticketmaster and not a member of a club?

• Advertisement

Advertisement