Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Options
1246247248249250252»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭another36

If he did meet with their county board he must be considering it. Which would indicate that wanting to spend time with family had zero to do with leaving Waterford. Antrim is a crazy travel distance from Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Austin Gleason returning to the squad the day after he left Waterford is another alarm bell

Wether he gets it or not as you say he did look for it which leaves huge questions over what happened in Waterford

He had a chopper bringing him from Shannon to Wexford back in the day courtesy of Jim bolger I believe, maybe the Antrim county board will put on a private jet for Fitz , the Antrim centre of excellence is only a couple of miles from Antrim airport,🤔

The football clubs up there have huge power at county board level, I imagine they would be against him immediately especially what happened in Wexford with himself and Paul Galvin

Antrim have spoken to Eddie Brennan and the ex slaughtneil manager Michael Mcshane too amongst others

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

My thought on Nash are how could he possibly get involved in that role while Teaching? At least for Davy he isn't working outside of Coaching/TV. Kieran Donaghy for example worked remotely in Armagh a lot with the crowd he's with. Nash wouldn't have any of those luxuries unless he literally zipped up for a Friday training and stayed 2 nights for a Sunday training too, heading back home then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I know these lads are GAA obsessed and that’s why they are elite.

But can you imagine telling the wife with small kids that you’ll be off to Antrim a few days a week ?! Maybe for the next few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i think its only a move to draw attention to other county boards , he is probably in the race for the galway job and putting it up to them by letting on he's going for the antrim job , also its possible that michael o donohue is approached to return to galway which would leave the dublin job open , the one that would suit fitz the most especially long term

you couldnt be up to him , but the antrim job seems too far fetched there is too much politics up there between the football clubs and the hurling clubs in the county ,i could never see the strong clubs in the city especially endorse him

• Advertisement
Advertisement