Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Who would you have favourites ahead of Limerick? Tipperary whom they hammered last year...I think they are clear favourites with Tipperary just behind, then Galway Kilkenny Cork ect

Good point, for some reason I was thinking that Limerick were floundering a bit, but they are 5 from 5 in the league and have a decent club championship. With the championship this year I think it's going to be down to the physically big teams who can score goals, playing games on cold October/November days/evenings isn't going to allow team score bit points totals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Figerty

Clareman wrote: »
    Good point, for some reason I was thinking that Limerick were floundering a bit, but they are 5 from 5 in the league and have a decent club championship. With the championship this year I think it's going to be down to the physically big teams who can score goals, playing games on cold October/November days/evenings isn't going to allow team score bit points totals.

Lets be honest lads. I don't that many really care about the championship this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Figerty wrote: »
    Lets be honest lads. I don't that many really care about the championship this year.

An All Ireland is an All Ireland no matter what, if no-one wants a medal I'll gladly take 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Bit like the RTE survey recently claiming most people are happy with covid restrictions I think you need to reassess you sample size on that statement.

Bit like the RTE survey recently claiming most people are happy with covid restrictions I think you need to reassess you sample size on the statement.

I know on the ground there is little interest in it. Once the club championship are over perhaps there will be a build up, but at the moment, people have moved onto getting back to work etc.

• Advertisement

The rugby is starting in 2 weeks but the HEC final is at the weekend, the soccer is back but they just finished, it's all f**ked up, the lack of noise is weird, not being able to go to matches will be weirder but I'm still looking forward to matches, I'm particularly interested to see how the games show up under floodlights. Yes it's going to be weird, yes it's going to be not the same but it's still an All Ireland that's there to be won, every team will have the excuse that they're a summer team but 1 team will be able to call themselves All Ireland Champions 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lim4ev

My arse!!! Can't wait

lim4ev wrote: »
    My arse!!! Can't wait

It's not your arse that shoud be interested!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Everyone Iv met is looking forward to the championship. It ll be a special Championship and will be remembered far more than regular ones. The Covid All Ireland. No negativity around it at all. I just hope it gets played

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Everyone Iv met is looking forward to the championship. It ll be a special Championship and will be remembered far more than regular ones. The Covid All Ireland. No negativity around it at all. I just hope it gets played

Not much good to the lads who were used to going to matches. Myself included. For the lads that were used to watching on TV it will be fine.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    Not much good to the lads who were used to going to matches. Myself included. For the lads that were used to watching on TV it will be fine.

Sure lads were used to watching it on high stools at the counter, they can't do that, lads were used to a lot of things that they can't do anymore so might as well get used to it my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lim4ev

It's not your arse that shoud be interested!:D

Tried to put up a smiley face but don't know how to

Colm Galvin out for the championship, huge loss in my opinion

https://twitter.com/colmg15/status/1311659057586073600?s=20

Colm Galvin is a huge loss. He provided the creativity. Possibly our most important player over the last 7 years. Very consistent. I struggle to see who would fill his jersey well. Still it ll give an opportunity to someone else.

The problem now as I see it is that Kelly will be brought back to midfield and I don't think he's a midfielder, I think the game against Cork where he started in the corner and was told go wherever he wanted is his best position but now I'm struggling to think of an alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭New Era

New Era wrote: »

How many teachers are on the county senior panels... This could get messy..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40060385.html

Podge gone. Is this the end of his inter county hurling career...? Either way, best of luck to him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Gael85

BnB wrote: »

Podge gone. Is this the end of his inter county hurling career...? Either way, best of luck to him

He on football panel now?I wonder will Gary Brennan be part of football panel too?

• Advertisement

I think Brennan was injured for Ballyea so I doubt he'll play much part of the season this year unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭KIB4Life

Gael85 wrote: »
    He on football panel now?I wonder will Gary Brennan be part of football panel too?

It says in the Clare Champion, that Brennan and Jamie Malone have returned to the panel and Aaron Fitzgerald is back from injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Gael85

KIB4Life wrote: »
    It says in the Clare Champion, that Brennan and Jamie Malone have returned to the panel and Aaron Fitzgerald is back from injury.

3 massive additions. Fitzgerald is badly needed at centre back. What Quilty lads are on panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭KIB4Life

Gael85 wrote: »
    3 massive additions. Fitzgerald is badly needed at centre back. What Quilty lads are on panel?

Keelan, Dermot Coughlan and Ciaran Morrissey were the three Kilmurry lads part of the panel before the lockdown in March, so I’d presume they will be in the panel again also I’d say Daniel Walsh could be someone that might also be added to the panel. Hopefully now the league and championship can be finished.

Clareman wrote: »

Have Clare ever had as strong a panel available in years?

Have Clare ever had as strong a panel available in years?

They have a great opportunity this year, I'm far more confident for the footballers than I am for the hurlers this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Any ideas on how the Clare senior hurling team Is likely to line out against limerick if the championship goes ahead??

Missing the two main ball winners in the forwards and the best distributor now too. Don’t think Podge is a massive loss. He hasn’t shown great form the last couple of years at senior level.

Any ideas on how the Clare senior hurling team Is likely to line out against limerick if the championship goes ahead??

Missing the two main ball winners in the forwards and the best distributor now too. Don’t think Podge is a massive loss. He hasn’t shown great form the last couple of years at senior level.

Its a pity Podge left it so late. Lohan has a job of work to do to get a performance from that squad. Traditionally the Derby with Limerick is close but its hard to see that happening this year.
    The footballers should do OK.. but no matter what side they put out they ll get beat by 10plus by Kerry and probably Cork...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

BnB wrote: »

i still regard him a far better hurler then footballer , it probably is the last we will see him hurling i think

regrettably you could see this coming back in 2013 and 14 , himself conor mcgrath and cathal mcinerney were doing far too much between hurling ,football 21s and the club football and hurling runs in munster

at one stage i think they won the county football championship on a Saturday and played and beat the waterford champions the next day

Advertisement