Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clare up by 5 by the way 1-11 to 0-9

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Jamie Malone off with a black card, Fermanagh off with a black card as well.

Penalty for Fermanagh, silly from Podge

Goal for Fermanagh, 1-11 to 1-9 after nearly 42 minutes. Blow it up to **** ref

1-11 to 1-9, scoring differences could be huge so that penalty could be costly, a win is a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Treble double

Clareman wrote: »
    1-11 to 1-9, scoring differences could be huge so that penalty could be costly, a win is a win.

The win is everything, first game since February and 2 points in the bag. Great to beat that shower as well. The whinging and moaning that was going on all week from them and then naming only 18 in the squad, pure horse manure, good to see Collins men didn't get distracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

With Kildare looking like they are going to beat Cavan I think it's still possible that we could get either promoted to Division 1 or relegated to Division 3 next weekend!

Looks like Kildare are going to beat Cavan (they are 10 points up at the water break in the second half),Roscommon are on 9 points with Cavan to play, you'd imagine with promotion still up for grabs that Roscommon will go full out for that.
    Armagh are playing us with promotion still up in the air, you'd imagine they'll go full out as well, we'll do well to get anything out of that I reckon.
    Westmeath are on 7 points as well and have Kildare to play, that's a tough 1 to call.
    Cavan are on 6 points with us but the trimming they are getting their scoring difference will be in bits, also head to head we beat them so you'd hope that we'd stay ahead of Cavan.
    Laois have Fermanagh to play, with Fermanagh already relegated I can't see that game going any way but a Laois 2 points so that's them on 7 point.

As far as I can make it out, next weekend there'll be 1 team on 5 points and 3 on 6, of the 3 on 6 points Clare have beaten the other 2 so if it comes to head to head Clare are up, Kildare have far the better scoring difference so they should stay ahead of the other 2 if it's a deadlock between the 3. I think that Clare have to match Cavan's result next weekend to stay up, because of Kildare and Westmeath playing each other I don't think it's possible for us to get promotion but I think that if Clare and either Kildare or Cavan win we go up on head to head, of all 3 win then Kildare go up.

Cavan back to 4 points, a draw would probably be the worst result for us

Kildare win by 4 point, that's Clare on the worst scoring difference between Kildare Cavan and Clare

• Advertisement

Pos Team Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
    1 Roscommon 6 4 1 1 79 62 +17 9
    2 Armagh 6 3 1 2 94 68 +26 7
    3 Westmeath 6 3 1 2 95 95 0 7
    4 Kildare 6 3 0 3 90 88 +2 6
    5 Cavan 6 3 0 3 102 104 −2 6
    6 Clare 6 3 0 3 74 78 −4 6
    7 Laois 6 2 1 3 83 99 −16 5
    8 Fermanagh 6 1 0 5 71 94 −23 2

Right, I'm going to assume that Laois are going to get the 2 points against Fermanagh.

All 3 of Cavan/Kildare/Clare win Armagh, Westmeath or Laois relegated, promotion dependant on scoring differencs.
    All 3 of Cavan/Kildare/Clare draw, Laois will have to win by over 12 points to avoid relegation, if they do then Clare are relegated.
    All 3 of Cavan/Kildare/Clare lose, Clare relegated unless Cavan are beaten by 2 points more than Clare are beaten by.

If only 1 of the 3 win, Clare stay up. If Cavan and Kildare win and Clare lose, Clare are relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Right, I'm going to assume that Laois are going to get the 2 points against Fermanagh.

All 3 of Cavan/Kildare/Clare win Armagh, Westmeath or Laois relegated, promotion dependant on scoring differencs.
    All 3 of Cavan/Kildare/Clare draw, Laois will have to win by over 12 points to avoid relegation, if they do then Clare are relegated.
    All 3 of Cavan/Kildare/Clare lose, Clare relegated unless Cavan are beaten by 2 points more than Clare are beaten by.

If only 1 of the 3 win, Clare stay up. If Cavan and Kildare win and Clare lose, Clare are relegated.

Looking at it another way, if Roscommon, Kildare and Clare win then we are promoted!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭KIB4Life

Looks like Kildare are going to beat Cavan (they are 10 points up at the water break in the second half),Roscommon are on 9 points with Cavan to play, you'd imagine with promotion still up for grabs that Roscommon will go full out for that.
    Armagh are playing us with promotion still up in the air, you'd imagine they'll go full out as well, we'll do well to get anything out of that I reckon.
    Westmeath are on 7 points as well and have Kildare to play, that's a tough 1 to call.
    Cavan are on 6 points with us but the trimming they are getting their scoring difference will be in bits, also head to head we beat them so you'd hope that we'd stay ahead of Cavan.
    Laois have Fermanagh to play, with Fermanagh already relegated I can't see that game going any way but a Laois 2 points so that's them on 7 point.

As far as I can make it out, next weekend there'll be 1 team on 5 points and 3 on 6, of the 3 on 6 points Clare have beaten the other 2 so if it comes to head to head Clare are up, Kildare have far the better scoring difference so they should stay ahead of the other 2 if it's a deadlock between the 3. I think that Clare have to match Cavan's result next weekend to stay up, because of Kildare and Westmeath playing each other I don't think it's possible for us to get promotion but I think that if Clare and either Kildare or Cavan win we go up on head to head, of all 3 win then Kildare go up.

We can get promoted but requires us to beat Armagh and other results to go in over favour. If we beat Armagh, Roscommon beat Cavan and Kildare beat Westmeath we will get promoted. That would leave Roscommon on 11 points, us and Kildare on 8, but we go ahead of them on head to head, Westmeath and Armagh on 7 and it doesn’t make it difference the Fermanagh and Laois game if we win, but could be a big factor if we lose in deciding whether we stay up or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

its incredibly slim the chances of all 3 teams wining and clare to lose , especially the form roscommon are in ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

The win is everything, first game since February and 2 points in the bag. Great to beat that shower as well. The whinging and moaning that was going on all week from them and then naming only 18 in the squad, pure horse manure, good to see Collins men didn't get distracted.

I couldn't see who fermanagh were missing today other then Adrian Breen (who came on as a sub) who was genuinely sick, he is as good as anyone we have so I am starting to think ricey was pulling a fast one on us also

He should just keep his mouth shut on venues in my opinion, this is between the GAA and the travelling team nothing to do with us, I'm sure it's a whole lot easier to have the home team control the environment and only have 1 team travel rather than getting another county board to get their ground ready and have both teams travel. Also, as both games are on GAA Go I'd imagine that the Park is the only ground with suitable facilities for that.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1172294/

So Fermanagh manage to get 26 players to travel and use their full quota of subs, we'd have looked very stupid if we agreed to play them somewhere neutral during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Treble double

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1172294/

So Fermanagh manage to get 26 players to travel and use their full quota of subs, we'd have looked very stupid if we agreed to play them somewhere neutral during the week

Ricey is in his first year in charge in my opinion all the guff from him during the week is to distract from the fact that he has overseen their relegation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I couldn't see who fermanagh were missing today other then Adrian Breen (who came on as a sub) who was genuinely sick, he is as good as anyone we have so I am starting to think ricey was pulling a fast one on us also

Had a quick look - Ultan Kelm would be expected to start also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

Ricey is in his first year in charge in my opinion all the guff from him during the week is to distract from the fact that he has overseen their relegation

He didn't come across great on the News & League Sunday last night. Generally blaming everyone but himself for them being relegated. I understand that he's p1ssed off, but at the end of the day, they only won one game out of 6 in a very tight league.

Sure, we've won 3 and we're still in squeaky bum territory...!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Figerty

BnB wrote: »
    He didn't come across great on the News & League Sunday last night. Generally blaming everyone but himself for them being relegated. I understand that he's p1ssed off, but at the end of the day, they only won one game out of 6 in a very tight league.

Sure, we've won 3 and we're still in squeaky bum territory...!!!!

Under 20 Clare Tipp on TG4 in case anyone missed it.

• Advertisement

Figerty wrote: »
    Under 20 Clare Tipp on TG4 in case anyone missed it.

Forgot all about it, thanks for the reminder.

Forgot all about it, thanks for the reminder.

Rogers flying. He's lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

Clare 0-10 Tipp 0-6. Backs are outstanding. Great work rate and effort by all players and good value for their lead. Galvin and Rodgers outstanding! Rodgers is definitely the guy to feed, he is also creating a lot of chances too, Mounsey should have goaled at one stage.

I hope they can keep it up.

Figerty wrote: »
    Rogers flying. He's lethal.

We've had a great 2nd Quarter - Backs tightened up no end and our forwards looking dangerous every time the ball goes up to them

We've had a great 2nd Quarter - Backs tightened up no end and our forwards looking dangerous every time the ball goes up to them

Sustaining that effort level is going to be hard. Aaron Moloney and Shane Meehan out injured.. down to the bare bones of the panel now. 1 Sub on already.
    They are fighting all the way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭supernova5

also Aidan McCarthy out injured, very big losses those players alone

supernova5 wrote: »
    also Aidan McCarthy out injured, very big losses those players alone

Yes, was wondering about that also. 3 massive losses. The hole in the full back line is obvious. Working hard to cover it though.

Tipp wide's and bad umpiring doing is a favour here

Tipp wide's and bad umpiring doing is a favour here

Need a score now. Tea break coming up and no score yet..

• Advertisement

Tipp have sharpened up a lot, if we keep this to within 2 scores we'll be doing well

Advertisement