Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

fire_man wrote: »
    After watching the highlights. When has SOD scored last?

In the championship, he got a goal against Cork in June 2019.

Shane O'Donnell's return in his last 6 championship appearances is 1-1. He has been held scoreless in 4 out of his last 6 games and hasn't scored more than once in a game in over 2 years. Just not a good enough return for an inside forward.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

letowski wrote: »
    In the championship, he got a goal against Cork in June 2019.

Shane O'Donnell's return in his last 6 championship appearances is 1-1. He has been held scoreless in 4 out of his last 6 games and hasn't scored more than once in a game in over 2 years. Just not a good enough return for an inside forward.

2014 - Clare played 3 games, SoD scored 0-1
    2015 - Clare played 3 games, SoD scored 1-3
    2016 - Clare played 4 games, SoD scored 1-6
    2017 - Clare played 3 games, SoD scored 2-4
    2018 - Clare played 7 games, SoD scored 1-8
    2019 - Clare played 3 games, SoD scored 1-1
    2020 - Clare played 2 games, SoD scored 0-0

25 games played, 6-23 scored, that's less than 2 points per game for an inside forward, now I know there's a lot of "unseen work" that he does, or the game style doesn't suit him, or he has no support, or he gets frees, or he's fouled a lot or whatever other excuse is being rolled out but I just don't think that that's enough of a return for either an inside forward or a leader of the team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clare get Wexford, that's the hype sorted anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Thats surely the best draw Clare could have wished for. I would give them a chance, knock out hurling and all that. Wexford were about as impressive as Clare so far.

They play in a similar way to Laois, in that they will look to carry the ball. We will need much more from our half back line to hold the line. McInerney will be a big loss.

• Advertisement

As far as a draw, Tipp was probably the 1 to avoid and Wexford have probably have had the worst performances this years so far (outside of ourselves) so probably the best draw, we beat them by 7 points 2 years ago when we played them in the championship so we shouldn't be fearing them. Wexford will have had a nice break since their last game whereas we've lost our captain after our game so you'd imagine it's advantage Wexford.

Hopefully there won't be much ****e about Davy v Lohan but I can't see the media not picking with that and going.

If I was a betting man I'd probably have Wexford as 2 point favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Is there any chance of an appeal into the red card for Mcinerney??

Looks like Gleeson has got away with his Hurley dunt against Cork. He is poxed

All depends on what he was sent off for, if it was for what was caught on camera he's got a great chance of getting off but if it's for something else there isn't a hope I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭supernova5

letowski wrote: »
    They play in a similar way to Laois, in that they will look to carry the ball. We will need much more from our half back line to hold the line. McInerney will be a big loss.

Yes and that's what most worrying, watching Clare defending is deer in the headlights stuff when teams come running at them, I mean Laois run through them like knife though butter at times last Saturday
    needless to say Wexford will be fired up and like men possessed to get one over Clare so 70/80% improvement is needed all round, question is, do our lads have it in them ?

Strangely Wexford are probably the team that will suit us the best to play, they will play a sweeper which means we should have an extra man in defence. I'd guess we'll look to sit the half backs close in out the full back line to protect them against goals, we'll then probably play at least 3 in midfield, I'd be guessing Taylor, Reidy and Kelly, SoD will then be center forward with tracking back like he did against Laois, it could be Shanagher on his own against 7 defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

From a different thread, it looks like Cork-Tipp will be on Sky and Clare Wexford will be on GaaGo.

How are you watching GaaGo at home ? I watched on Saturday with a Laptop connected to a Smart TV via a HDMI cable and to be honest with you, it wasn't great. When the game was any way fast at all, it got fairly jumpy.

Also - How in/out of sync is GAA Go Streaming with Clare FM. Ger Canning on his own on Saturday without any co-commentator to water him down a bit was infuriatingly annoying. Anyone watch it with Clare FM sound and were they in Sync ?

BnB wrote: »
    From a different thread, it looks like Cork-Tipp will be on Sky and Clare Wexford will be on GaaGo.

How are you watching GaaGo at home ? I watched on Saturday with a Laptop connected to a Smart TV via a HDMI cable and to be honest with you, it wasn't great. When the game was any way fast at all, it got fairly jumpy.

Also - How in/out of sync is GAA Go Streaming with Clare FM. Ger Canning on his own on Saturday without any co-commentator to water him down a bit was infuriatingly annoying. Anyone watch it with Clare FM sound and were they in Sync ?

The radio will be slightly ahead of the stream so if you stream it on a laptop you can pause it to bring it into sync with the video, what I do is wait for the throw in an press play on the audio, it's not perfect but it's a million times better than listening to Canning.

I didn't try it with Syl but I agree, the coverage was very rudimentary. The fiver did not go very far. One camera, no replays, the cameraman wasn't good either, oftentimes he was looking at the wrong end of the field where the ball was.

The official Clare GAA twitter account isn't holding back

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1325787458190053377?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

Fixtures confirmed

Saturday, 14 November
    Clare v Wexford, Portlaoise, 2pm – Live on GAA GO
    Cork v Tipperary, Gaelic Grounds, 4pm – Live on Sky Sports Mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭supernova5

Fixtures confirmed

Saturday, 14 November
    Clare v Wexford, Portlaoise, 2pm – Live on GAA GO
    Cork v Tipperary, Gaelic Grounds, 4pm – Live on Sky Sports Mix.

great,
    should be another super saturday championship day
    lovin this late Autumn/ early Winter Gaa calander

That'd be a grand day on a high stool, few pints, few toasties and a Clare win..... I'll settle for a Clare win

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Clareman wrote: »
    That'd be a grand day on a high stool, few pints, few toasties and a Clare win..... I'll settle for a Clare win

Are ye not locked down in Mid Clare...we are in South east Clare...no stools or pints..

Yup, fully locked down which is why I'll settle for a Clare win

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Feenie

fire_man wrote: »
    After watching the highlights. When has SOD scored last?

2 championship matches ago, got a goal against cork, if that's what you mean, he put quite a few scores in the league.
    Scoring isn't everything, his input that day goes far beyond. I watched the whole thing on GAAGO.

• Advertisement

The official Clare GAA twitter account isn't holding back

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1325787458190053377?s=19

seems the tweet was delete, what did it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

The radio will be slightly ahead of the stream so if you stream it on a laptop you can pause it to bring it into sync with the video, what I do is wait for the throw in an press play on the audio, it's not perfect but it's a million times better than listening to Canning.

^ That’s a great idea actually- thanks !

Feenie wrote: »
    2 championship matches ago, got a goal against cork, if that's what you mean, he put quite a few scores in the league.
    Scoring isn't everything, his input that day goes far beyond. I watched the whole thing on GAAGO.

He scored 1-2 against Carlow, 0-1 against Wexford, nothing against Laois, 2-1 against Kilkenny and 0-3 against Dublin, technically he scored nothing in the league final. 10 scores in 5 games, 6 games if you want to include the league final, the 2-1 against Kilkenny is clearly the callout performance.

He scored 1-2 against Carlow, 0-1 against Wexford, nothing against Laois, 2-1 against Kilkenny and 0-3 against Dublin, technically he scored nothing in the league final. 10 scores in 5 games, 6 games if you want to include the league final, the 2-1 against Kilkenny is clearly the callout performance.

fairness but as I said I don't think scoring is all that.

Feenie wrote: »
    seems the tweet was delete, what did it say?
    ukQ97F8.png

ukQ97F8.png

someone just got fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭global23214124

Do people reckon we can beat Wexford? Best draw we could have gotten in my opinion. Not too confident but I think if we can perform against them then maybe we can kick on and make something of this year.

Do people reckon we can beat Wexford? Best draw we could have gotten in my opinion. Not too confident but I think if we can perform against them then maybe we can kick on and make something of this year.

Well, Wexford are probably looking to kick on aswell after their defeat to Galway, but Clare have already beat them in the league so......
    Clare will need to work on that half back line, or else Wexford will destroy us. I heard Jack Browne is injured but I'm not all too sure. Ideally it would like this
    O'Halloran-Browne-Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Looks like we have appealed the red card anyway. I haven’t seen any of the incident but going by reports from what was on tv, it didn’t show anything that warranted a red card and the Laois player was never down injured or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Void Ceremony

We're missing too many, Peter Duggan - a match winner on his own, Conlon , the Galvin's who have chosen their own fate, Podge,if McInerney is out where do we go?!

Advertisement