Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This time last week I thought we'd lose to Wexford, this week I think we'll win, can't wait for the match now but that's so I can turn off the rugby

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

letowski wrote: »
    Shan, David Mc and Browne for Fitz, Reidy and Guilfoyle. I wouldn't have taken out Fitz, Lohan keeps his backs except Browne comes in and McCarthy goes to the forwards.

Kelly could play in the forwards, I don't see David Mc in the half forward line. But there is no obvious 3rd half forward. So I think SOD will play center forward between Malone and Aidan McCarthy.

That's harsh on Fitz, looks like we're hoping to pack the middle of the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

The guess is that Clare will go Quilligan; Hayes, Cleary, O'Connor; O'Halloran, Browne, Morey; J McCarthy, McInerney; Malone, O'Donnell, A McCarthy; Kelly, Shanagher, Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭letowski

JJ Delaney had an interesting segment showing the Waterford players looking to check and pull runners coming from midfield. It could be Lohan doesn't fancy having Kelly around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭letowski

The guess is that Clare will go Quilligan; Hayes, Cleary, O'Connor; O'Halloran, Browne, Morey; J McCarthy, McInerney; Malone, O'Donnell, A McCarthy; Kelly, Shanagher, Taylor.

Agreed but I'd be worried about Patch on the pace on Prendergast. Browne possibly to man-mark Bennett which would be a good move imo.

• Advertisement

Far too easy goal to concede

Aboy Tony, good point to start.

I forgot how much I dislike the Sky crown noise

Great point by SoD

Great sideline by McInerney, hopefully TK will recover

Jesus our full back line is poor

• Advertisement

So ****ing soft. We have started the better too but gave two stupid goals away

Waterford have the run on our backs big time here, what's with all the space in front of our full back line????

We haven't won a puck out yet

We need the water break to come fast

Bad wide by Shannagher

Ahhh Shanagher and SoD you need to be better than that, lucky to get a free

That second goal we conceded was amateur stuff.

Still think we are well in this. Just need to get closer defensively.

GREAT GOAL

Come on the Banner

Clareman wrote: »
    GREAT GOAL

Come on the Banner

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO****INGHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Another great score by SoD

• Advertisement

Way more open game than I expected

22 scores ager half an hour is a log more than I thought there would be. I'm not a fan of this playing it out from the back

Ahhhh SoD you did everything right until playing the ball

We were luck to get away with a wide there

That was my 20,000 post, I spend far too long on boards talking to myself

Dirty belt that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Clareman wrote: »
    Dirty belt that

Hurley thrown, was indeed.

Terrible goal to give away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭fire_man

Need to make some changes.A Mccarthy jogging around pitch and having no impact.

• Advertisement

Such amateur defending

Advertisement