Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

3 points down at half time playing against the wind, we'd have taken that an hour ago, 3 soft goals to let in though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Clareman wrote: »
    3 points down at half time playing against the wind, we'd have taken that an hour ago, 3 soft goals to let in though

Especially after the first 5 mins anyway and Tony getting injured. Still shouldn’t be in that position. Those last two goals we conceded were just awful. All ball watching. We are very open anyway and the game itself is way more than I expected.

Carrying some passengers out there. Aidan McCarthy looks lost in that half forward line. I’d have Fitzgerald in for him and should help us on puck outs. Taylor needs to get into the game too. Need to cut out some of those needless shots and try get the head up and pick out a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭letowski

I'm not optimistic about the 2nd half, although happy enough just to be 3 down. Were completely exposed at the back. There is so much space and our marking is atrocious. We need to make half time adjustments, but this is an inherent systematic failure at the back.

Forward ironically are playing well, but Kelly clearly isn't right. He isn't moving well.

I think Waterford will push on now, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭letowski

Especially after the first 5 mins anyway and Tony getting injured. Still shouldn’t be in that position. Those last two goals we conceded were just awful. All ball watching. We are very open anyway and the game itself is way more than I expected.

Carrying some passengers out there. Aidan McCarthy looks lost in that half forward line. I’d have Fitzgerald in for him and should help us on puck outs. Taylor needs to get into the game too. Need to cut out some of those needless shots and try get the head up and pick out a man.

Taylor and McCarthy have been very poor.

I don't know how we fix the problems at the back. Were a mess.

We are hanging in there but we look like conceding more goals. Once again the opposition inside forward line has so much more space than ours

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Some awful wides, we need to make some changes, we've gone very flat

Fair play to Cm there with the interception but then why was SOD having to deal with 4 Waterford players all by himself

We need to bring on some subs, some of the lads are out on their feet

We need to bring on some subs, some of the lads are out on their feet

Absolutely. Our shape is all over the shop and Waterfords sweeper is cleaning up now for those long balls

We need the water break here again, we're completely flat and lucky that Waterford aren't pulling away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

Ball not sticking up top.

No shape.

Loosing every break.

Need to push up on de burca, he's coming into it.

Reidy and Ryan need to come in anyway. Cunningham even

Rory Hayes has had a great game. That looked a point to Waterford

Waterford are starting to play with us here, we need to freshen things up a bit here

Kelly is on 1 leg

Reidy and Ryan need to come in anyway. Cunningham even

You called it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Great goal!

What a goal, COME ON

We'll need another one.

5 points down with 10 minutes to go but we look like we're out on our feet

• Advertisement

Nearly got it, great save.

Point for WF.

4 point turnaround

Ahh SoD you need to be better than that

Still so much time to go and we are somehow still in this game playing very poorly

djr15 wrote: »
    Nearly got it, great save.

Point for WF.

4 point turnaround

That's that I feel

Soft point, 2 goals behind, we'll be lucky to keep this to less than 10 points

The lack of shape in the second half is the big thing.

When playing long ball from middle of the field, you need to fill the spots.

WF picked up a lot of loose ball.

In saying that, you can't concede 3 goals and expect to win.

Battling very hard in fairness to them.

The ultimate insult from WF, giving lads a run...

9 points of a gap is a far reflection in the gulf in class between the 2 teams.

Probably.

Our shape has to be questioned.

We had little or no presence in the FF line.

And Rory Hayes, defending like a tiger, was so isolated it was scary.
    So much lovely ball popped in front of him and his man.

Impossible to defend against.

So where were our lads?

We were crying our for a leader in the middle of the field to keep a structure.

9 points of a gap is a far reflection in the gulf in class between the 2 teams.

• Advertisement

We had nothing in the middle, again from 5 to 12 we were dominated and completely lived off scraps, if Cunningham had taken his 2 chances we would have been in the mix at the end but we were second place in every position.

Advertisement