Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

maybe they listened to us maybe they didn't , but fair play to the people behind the idea of showing club championship games online , sixmilebridge v ballyea is live next weekend from 6 o'clock ,which will give plenty of people out living abroad or up the country a chance to see how the championship is shaping up ,

apparently they plan to show several championship games on there new chanel over the next few weeks in both codes

tip of the hat to the county board and the people behind this excellent idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

maybe they listened to us maybe they didn't , but fair play to the people behind the idea of showing club championship games online , sixmilebridge v ballyea is live next weekend from 6 o'clock ,which will give plenty of people out living abroad or up the country a chance to see how the championship is shaping up ,

apparently they plan to show several championship games on there new chanel over the next few weeks in both codes

tip of the hat to the county board and the people behind this excellent idea

About fkn time to be honest.. I've been at them for almost 2 years to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Surprised to see the Clare People going under, a bit of a shame, good for sport coverage. The Clare Champion is a sprawling mess of a paper. Ads ads ads. I'm sorry I didn't but the Clare People more often. Online coverage was non existent same with Clare FM actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

No sign of that game working on the YouTube yet unless throw in is delayed for whatever reason.

No sign of that game working on the YouTube yet unless throw in is delayed for whatever reason.

Throw in delayed.. previous game ran long

• Advertisement

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Throw in delayed.. previous game ran long

Looks like we are up and running now anyway. Bugs as co com!!!

Some hammering for Ballyea. Sixmilebridge massive favourites now for the title.

So firstly I'm aware this is a free service and it's great that after way way too long Clare Gaa have decided to start live streaming games (and as someone who has activity tried to get the county board to start live streaming for ages and shown how easy it is to do, I'm happy they have started)

That being said it is no excuse for how poor that coverage was, we'll start with the lack of any information regarding the delayed throw in, next the clock looked terrible and was wrong also it was left running during halftime and disappeared for the the second half, it should be built into the scoreboard, the scoreboard was too big, so much wasted space, commentary was meh, no fault on bugler, Leo wasn't great at the start, but warmed up a little later, logos were too big, could have at least been made a little transparent, Cameras, Jesus where do you start, okay at least they brought 2 cameras, but whoever thought the low camera was a great idea should be deported.. the camera operator upstairs should just be brought outside and shot, clearly has no idea how to read a game, completely missed large parts of the game, puckouts where useless, we missed the majority of the breaks, also the camera was terribly unsteady, replays are a nice feature but 1: there was nothing to indicate it was a replay and 2: we missed puckouts, the TG4 picture in picture replay is easy do.. Everything I've put above are easy fixes

Oh and just to nit pick :D , the emblem on the Clare Gaa TV logo isnt centered..

Oh ya this isn't bashing but more constructive criticism

round up of the 7 senior championship games today , was at the two double headers in the park and the bridge took the scorers of the games (lost the mills scorers though :rolleyes: ) the other scorers are from gaa apps or twitter

the bridge were too strong for ballyea as mentioned above , they will be joined by the ever sturdy crusheen and clonlara in the last 8
    newmarket were impressive against the mills , they look to have turned a corner from there downward spiral of late

wolfe tones recorded a huge win over tulla to stay senior for next year and advance to round 3 , clarecastle and whitegate look in real trouble relegation wise both shipped heavy defeats to clooney quinn and kilmaley respectively

kilmaley were impressive on the field not so much off it , cian maloney and manager john carmody had to be separated in side there own dugout , if allegations are true john carmody could be in serious trouble , jim hickey missed the incident but warned the kilmaley manager that it had been brought to his attention and was putting it in his match report

winners round

Sixmilebridge 2-21................ 0-17 Ballyea

brian corry (1-4) ............ ... niall deasy 0-8
    alex mulready(0-7) ............ tony kelly 0-7
    pa mulridy (1-0) ................ brandon o connell 0-1
    jason loughnane 0-2 ............. gary brennan 0-1
    seanda morey 0-1
    jamie shannahan 0-3
    shane golden 0-1
    camian morey 0-1
    cathal malone 0-1
    kevin lynch 0-1

Crusheen 2-20............. 1-14 Feakle

brefni horner 1-3 ............... Ray Bane 1-3
    conor o donnell 0-6 .............. shane mcgrath 0-6
    ross hayes 0-5 ................ oisin donnellan 0-3
    darragh doherty 1-0 ............. gary guilfoyle 0-2
    paddy vaughan 0-3 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fiachra donnellan 0-1
    ciaran doherty 0-1
    fergus kennedy 0-1
    Eanna mcmahon 0-1

Clonlara 3-16 ................ 1-16 Eire 0g

john conlon 1-11 ............. David reidy 1-10
    keiran galvin 1-1 ............... danny russell 0-2
    conor burke 1-1 ............... nathan murry 0-2
    paddy o'loughlin 0-1 .............. thomas downes 0-1
    michael o'loughlin 0-1 .............. shane o donnell 0-1
    conor o donovan 0-1

losers round

newmarket 1-17..............1-13 O'C Mills

colin ryan 1-8
    colin guillfoyle 0-2
    john fehilley 0-3
    eoin hayes 0-1
    eoin guilfoyle 0-1
    jack o'connor 0-1
    stephan kelly 0-1

Wolfe tones 1-14 ................. 0-14 Tulla

ben o'gorman 0-6 ............ Ronan malloy 0-5
    aaron shanagher 0-5 .......... niall bolton 0-4
    evan o gorman 1-0 .......... colin corbet 0-2
    dathi o connell 0-2 .............. colm mcinerney 0-2
    cian o rourke 0-1 ............... pauric mulcroney 0-1
    dean devaney 0-1

kilmaley 3-18 ................. 0-6 Whitegate

eoin enright 1-1 ............. paddy burke 0-4
    paudi mcnamara 1-1 ........ liam sugrue 0-1
    cathal darcy 1-3 ............ michael hynes 0-1
    mikey o'neill 0-4
    cian maloney 0-2
    mikey o'malley 0-4
    tom barry 0-2
    conor cleary 0-1

Clooney Quinn 1-25 ................. 0-12 Clarecastle

peter duggan (0-15).................. Bobby duggan (0-7)
    martin duggan (1-2)................. john reidy (0-1)
    ryan taylor (0-2) ................. stephan o'halloran 0-1
    mike corry (0-2) ................... jack murphy 0-1
    James corry (0-2) ..................... patrick kelly 0-2
    killian duggan (0-1)
    ronan o'donnell (0-1)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭caddy16

Results as expected. Kilmaley situation is strange.

• Advertisement

caddy16 wrote: »
    Results as expected. Kilmaley situation is strange.

results as expected , this round of games can be a bit predictable as can the 3rd round like last year depending on the draw , but the championship has been good so far this year , took in 4 games today and it is definitely up on last year standard wise

as for kilmaley , they put in a serious shift on the field today , darie keane , mikey o'neill ,mikey o malley aidan mcguane , conor cleary were all excellent , they look to have the best back line in the county , they have versitile guys like eoin enright who operated in the forwards and midfield today that can play anywhere , forwards can be hit and miss but no doubt one of there best from play is cian moloney

talking to a few people tonight from that club apparently they have about 4 or 5 subs on the bench out of there 26 man panel they wanted to keep for the junior team , if they came on they would not be eligible to play junior again

so what it seems john carmody was trying to do is take lads off early and reintroduce them later in the game , cian moloney was unhappy with being taken off early especially after scoring 0-2 from play and setting up a goal , apparently he and carmody had words and things got out of hand when john asked cian to go back on again

the reason for kilmaley taking the junior so seriously is , they have had good underage in the last few years , and after having a stint at intermediate level with there senior team a few years back they want to get there junior team up to that level themselves as they found there is some decent teams operating at that level

its a good plan in january when a club is planning the year ahead but not on days like today , as a club they need to make a decision on where players loyalties should lie for the rest of the year to avoid anymore incidents like today for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭caddy16

results as expected , this round of games can be a bit predictable as can the 3rd round like last year depending on the draw , but the championship has been good so far this year , took in 4 games today and it is definitely up on last year standard wise

as for kilmaley , they put in a serious shift on the field today , darie keane , mikey o'neill ,mikey o malley aidan mcguane , conor cleary were all excellent , they look to have the best back line in the county , they have versitile guys like eoin enright who operated in the forwards and midfield today that can play anywhere , forwards can be hit and miss but no doubt one of there best from play is cian moloney

talking to a few people tonight from that club apparently they have about 4 or 5 subs on the bench out of there 26 man panel they wanted to keep for the junior team , if they came on they would not be eligible to play junior again

so what it seems john carmody was trying to do is take lads off early and reintroduce them later in the game , cian moloney was unhappy with being taken off early especially after scoring 0-2 from play and setting up a goal , apparently he and carmody had words and things got out of hand when john asked cian to go back on again

the reason for kilmaley taking the junior so seriously is , they have had good underage in the last few years , and after having a stint at intermediate level with there senior team a few years back they want to get there junior team up to that level themselves as they found there is some decent teams operating at that level

its a good plan in january when a club is planning the year ahead but not on days like today , as a club they need to make a decision on where players loyalties should lie for the rest of the year to avoid anymore incidents like today for a start

When you win by that much there should be no need to use any of the 2nd team so more to that story I think.

Can you have repeat matches in the next round?? Could possibly have 3 if that’s the case

caddy16 wrote: »
    When you win by that much there should be no need to use any of the 2nd team so more to that story I think.

No the lads from the junior team are all young lads from the 21s team that won this year, they won't get much game time with the senior teams just yet as they are only on the senior panel for the first time this year
    They will get regular game time with the junior team, they were only brought into the panel as back up as a last resort

Sixmilebridge do it all the time with there intermediate players on the senior panel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I heard (over a pint so take that into account) that the Kilmaley juniors are a serious outfit with Conor Clancy managing them and getting in some great trainers, I heard Colin Lynch took them for a few sessions but as his son is playing for them I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Can you have repeat matches in the next round?? Could possibly have 3 if that’s the case

No repeat fixtures afaik

pl9Ue1G2j

INTERMEDIATE CHAMPIONSHIP
    pnFjyhIYp

Clareman wrote: »
    I heard (over a pint so take that into account) that the Kilmaley juniors are a serious outfit with Conor Clancy managing them and getting in some great trainers, I heard Colin Lynch took them for a few sessions but as his son is playing for them I'd take that with a grain of salt.

clancy was acting as player manager last year , they have serious work done at underage level and they are using the second team as a springboard to the players coming through ,

i imagine the plan is to get there second team up to the next level and give them more competitive games , they realised how tough some of the opposition were when there first team fell back into that level a few years ago

but i think the rule that a player cannot play intermediate or junior after playing one game at senior is wrong to be fair . especially if a team is struggling for numbers

what a sausage, they're all mad in Kilmaley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Hearing Maloney and o Connor are back in for the Clare job again. Would be gutted if that was the case. New voice and a new energy with new ideas are badly needed with this panel

• Advertisement

Maloney is back in Gerry is gone , hearing rumblings of a McMahon/Casey backroom team

We have zero chance of an All-Ireland so, combined with the players expected to be gone next year, I hold no hope

What players are gone? P Duggan?

Would have no confidence in that setup for next season. Would be looking at Daly, kinnerk or Brennan to shake things up a bit...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Who is the McMahon and Casey mentioned??

Cratloe v Kilmaley
    Clooney v Feakle
    Ballyea v tones
    Eire og v Newmarket

how the senior , intermediate , and junior hurling championships are shaping up

clarecastle in huge trouble for relegation this year , kilmaley get the short straw in round 3 from a winners point of view , great chance for ballyea to redeem themselves , the other two games look really tough to call

[IMG][/img]PG8OUL.jpg

INTERMEDIATE CHAMPIONSHIP

[IMG][/img]cupw1L.png

Clare Junior A Qtr Finals

Clooney Quin v Ogonnelloe
    OC Mills v Inagh Kilnamona
    Crusheen v Kilmaley
    Broadford v Clonlara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭BnB

They could be 4 great games in the Senior Round 3. Very hard to call any of them.

I think it is a bit unfair on the 4 teams that have already gone through as I think the round 3 games will seriously stand to the 4 teams that get through them and give them some momentum while the teams already there will have been idle for a month

From what I hear Smb won't be idle....... whisked off to Wexford with Davy for challenge games and bonding. Loads of funds in that club 😀

• Advertisement

From what I hear Smb won't be idle....... whisked off to Wexford with Davy for challenge games and bonding. Loads of funds in that club 😀

I'd say its club wexford that will be paying for it,

Very hard to see them not winning it out, Cratloe look a bit tired and Kilmaley are in a heap internally at the moment, Ballyea have only two scores at the moment, inagh maybe but like Crusheen maybe a year too early, especially for the younger lads on the paneld

Advertisement