Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Gael85 wrote: »
    Did you change your username Windy?

i did , it was too long plus i wanted something a little more relevant to the county board

named after pat fitzgerald's famous jumper which he rarely ever changes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Will the O'Currys/Naomh Eoin amalgamation be involved in the relegation playoffs as they have finished bottom of their group or will it be the losers of Kilrush/Kilmihil?

Boots234 wrote: »
    Will the O'Currys/Naomh Eoin amalgamation be involved in the relegation playoffs as they have finished bottom of their group or will it be the losers of Kilrush/Kilmihil?

the amalgamation cant get relegated , apparently it was agreed at the start of the year when they entered ,

so its looking like it will be the loser of kilmihil / kilrush that will enter the relegation playoff

Did you change your username Windy?

i probably will change it back again over the week , it seems to be causing confusion with a number of people asking the same question so i will change it back at some stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Gael85

i probably will change it back again over the week , it seems to be causing confusion with a number of people asking the same question so i will change it back at some stage :)

I thought Pat Fitz had taken over the thread :D

• Advertisement

Boots234 wrote: »

Pity the amalgamation didn't work out. I don't think they trained much together, playing 2 games in one weekend is not ideal either. Amalgamations work in Kerry as they their club championship off in May and play county championship when Kerry finish off inter county season.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Treble double

Pity the amalgamation didn't work out. I don't think they trained much together, playing 2 games in one weekend is not ideal either. Amalgamations work in Kerry as they their club championship off in May and play county championship when Kerry finish off inter county season.

Agree, if amalgamations are expected to work it's ridiculous to ask them to play twice on the same weekend.
    I think this is the way forward. There is no way there is 12 clubs of senior standard in Clare football. I would reduce it to 8 clubs and have 4 divisional teams covering the west, east, north and south of the county. Every player good enough deserves to get a chance to play senior championship.
    You would strengthen all grades by reducing Senior to 8. It would also make our junior and intermediate champions more competitive in Munster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The football championship is so complicated at this stage I don't know what they'd do with it, ffs, who thought groups of 3 would be a good idea, sure 1 team will always have a weekend off and there'll always be dead rubbers. As Treble says there isn't 12 senior clubs in Clare, 8 could even be a streatch but leave it at 8, 2 groups of 4, every team guaranteed 3 games, top 2 teams through to the semi finals, bottom 2 teams play off against the top 2 teams in Intermediate to see who plays senior next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

the amalgamation cant get relegated , apparently it was agreed at the start of the year when they entered ,

so its looking like it will be the loser of kilmihil / kilrush that will enter the relegation playoff

I thought Pat fitz was putting up a fight to say he's wants them to be allowed to be relegated

again , the county board deserve great credit for putting the chanell together , here is the ennistymon v cooraclare game from today , my guess us the kilmaley v cratloe game will be the hurling game next week ,

for all our jabs at the board this is an excellent idea in fairness

They have improved on it from last week to be fair, still mediocre tho... and with no offence to Cooraclare, they really should have lined up the Eire Og game...
    However I'm not privy to the coverage rights so maybe Clare FM had exclusive rights arranged with them or something... but the Cooraclare game wasn't expected to throw up any surprises

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ShortKickOut

Clareman wrote: »
    The football championship is so complicated at this stage I don't know what they'd do with it, ffs, who thought groups of 3 would be a good idea, sure 1 team will always have a weekend off and there'll always be dead rubbers. As Treble says there isn't 12 senior clubs in Clare, 8 could even be a streatch but leave it at 8, 2 groups of 4, every team guaranteed 3 games, top 2 teams through to the semi finals, bottom 2 teams play off against the top 2 teams in Intermediate to see who plays senior next year.

No playoffs for relegation. Win the intermediate and your up. Completely devalue intermediate final if the winner isn't guaranteed to be up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

No playoffs for relegation. Win the intermediate and your up. Completely devalue intermediate final if the winner isn't guaranteed to be up.

Fair enough, bottom 2 teams play off with the losers relegated and the winners of the intermediate going up

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Shane_ef wrote: »
    They have improved on it from last week to be fair, still mediocre tho... and with no offence to Cooraclare, they really should have lined up the Eire Og game...
    However I'm not privy to the coverage rights so maybe Clare FM had exclusive rights arranged with them or something... but the Cooraclare game wasn't expected to throw up any surprises

That YouTube coverage is diabolical and should have been smothered at birth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

The Banner 0-9 0-6 KIlmurry Ibrickane (2)

The Banner?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    The Banner?

From Ennis. Good to see them progressing up the ranks. Pity Shane Meehan can't play this year.

BloodyBill wrote: »
    That YouTube coverage is diabolical and should have been smothered at birth

I was trying to be a little more understanding than my previous views on it.. It's fkn terrible and whatever the county board are paying is too much.. It's honestly not that hard to do, and if they'd any sense at this stage they'd restrict it to Cusack park until they have an idea what they are doing.. Honestly if I meet them upstairs in Ennis on Saturday I'll be passing on my thoughts

Gonna steal Windys Thunder wind on this one

Hopefully we won't get sea sick watching it this time

What do ye think of Peter and Mike Casey being from Meelick but hurling with Limerick.?

What do ye think of Peter and Mike Casey being from Meelick but hurling with Limerick.?

if truth be known i would nearly prefer to live in limerick myself :pac:

there is always loads of clare limerick connections either side of the border . there father is from kildysart i believe so its a good job its pat fitz is in charge of clare gaa rather then john delaney :D

we could also talk about jerome o'connells 45 page pull out on the wednesday leader of the limerick over 50s junior B football team :P ,

the pallaskenry man is 100% clare , just like kinnerk and brian begley , ye can keep the casey's o'connell and begley and give us back kinnerk :rolleyes:

Three round 3 championship games today , champions ballyea bounced back with a handy win over wolfe tones , either side of that game was two epic battles between the townies and the blues and feakles win over clooney ,

clooney's reliance on peter duggan for scores caught up with them today despite a good second half display , feakle were flat in the second half against crusheen 2 weeks ago tonight they redeemed themselves from that performance

where clarecastle and whitegate found there second wind from i would love to know , both teams diabolical in round two defeats , while both tulla and the mills are having bad years the loser of the relegation will be a huge loss to the senior championship next year well done whitegate battlers as always , clarecastle should be ashamed of there previous two championship game if they can play like they did today all the time , time to improve lads

newmarket had a fine year to be fair , despite all the distractions with the soccer team , they produced a fine performance against the mills in round 2 , fought to the end today and unlucky to lose to an eire og side that will be dark horses in the 1/4 finals

fine win for killanena against parteen in the round 3 games , the bridge 2nds will be the team to avoid along with barefield in the 1/4 finals

Feakle 3-17 1-21 Clooney Quin
    Ballyea 2-24 0-14 Wolfe Tones Shannon
    Éire Óg Ennis 2-13 1-14 Newmarket on Fergus

Whitegate 3-18 1-15 O'Callaghans Mills
    Clarecastle 1-19 1-12 Tulla

St Joseph's Doora Barefield 1-19 0-11 Bodyke

Sixmilebridge (2) 3-17 2-16 Corofin

Killanena 0-17 0-14 Parteen

Inagh-Kilnamona (2) 3-10 0-10 Cratloe (2)

relegation final
    Ruan 0-23 2-9 Éire Óg Ennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

if truth be known i would nearly prefer to live in limerick myself :pac:

there is always loads of clare limerick connections either side of the border . there father is from kildysart i believe so its a good job its pat fitz is in charge of clare gaa rather then john delaney :D

we could also talk about jerome o'connells 45 page pull out on the wednesday leader of the limerick over 50s junior B football team :P ,

the pallaskenry man is 100% clare , just like kinnerk and brian begley , ye can keep the casey's o'connell and begley and give us back kinnerk :rolleyes:

Kinnerk is a Limerick man .

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Kinnerk is a Limerick man .

His parents arent though. Anyway if Parteen and Meelick were abit stronger they would be a good counter balance to Na Piarsaigh on the Northside of the Shannon.
    Any news on who the next Clare manager will be. Will the two empty suits stay on? It's such a shame that the County chief executive isnt sackable. It's like hes stuck in a 1970s time warp . His clothes an management style would do 'Starskey and Hutch' justice.

His parents arent though. Anyway if Parteen and Meelick were abit stronger they would be a good counter balance to Na Piarsaigh on the Northside of the Shannon.
    Any news on who the next Clare manager will be. Will the two empty suits stay on? It's such a shame that the County chief executive isnt sackable. It's like hes stuck in a 1970s time warp . His clothes an management style would do 'Starskey and Hutch' justice.

That still doesnt make him a Clare man . As I said Paul is a Castletroy man .

That still doesnt make him a Clare man . As I said Paul is a Castletroy man .

they are all from limerick with clare parents , :rolleyes: i think you missed a trick or two here !!

the management will be the same as last year unless one of them cant commit due to work , they will have a better year next year then this one , they really got caught cold in there preparation for the tipperary and limerick games after the waterford win

as for purple jumper himself , he is lining up his son to take over afterwards , i expect sixmilebridge to win a club championship either this year or next with davey in charge , your probably looking at a late 2021 or 2022 return of fitzgerald while you know who is over the county board

they are all from limerick with clare parents , :rolleyes: i think you missed a trick or two here !!

Clare parents that are living in Limerick well before he was born . Afraid that doesnt make him a Clare man . 😅

cratloe 1-16 0-12 kilmaley

kilmaley lead 0-7 to 0-1 after 22 minutes cratloe pulled it back to 3 before half time with a late rally against the run of play, a billy connors goal at the start of the second half , that goal set the tone for the rest of the game from that point on cratloe outscored their opponents by 0-10 to 0-3 for the remaining 28 minutes of the half and to a comfortable victory

the goal flattened kilmaley and there first half fight disappeared , cian moloney and his brother aidan started with manager john carmody watching from the stands, a question mark still hangs over them as to how far they could have gone in the championship had it not been interrupted with turbulence two weeks ago

cratloe today without diarmuid ryan look to be improving , whether they can up it to the level they brought to the semi final last year where they eliminated sixmilebridge remains to be seen , a dangerous side no the less , championship shaping up nicely draw for the last 8 tomorrow night

Scorers
    Cratloe:
    Billy Connors 1-07 ,
    Cathal McInerney 0-03
    Conor McGrath 0-03,
    Jack McInerney 0-02
    Podge Collins 0-01

Kilmaley:
    Mikey O’Neill 0-06
    Cian Moloney 0-02
    Sean O’Loughlin 0-01
    Eamon Bracken 0-01
    Daire Keane 0-01

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭caddy16

cratloe 1-16 0-12 kilmaley

kilmaley lead 0-7 to 0-1 after 22 minutes cratloe pulled it back to 3 before half time with a late rally against the run of play, a billy connors goal at the start of the second half , that goal set the tone for the rest of the game from that point on cratloe outscored their opponents by 0-10 to 0-3 for the remaining 28 minutes of the half and to a comfortable victory

the goal flattened kilmaley and there first half fight disappeared , cian moloney and his brother aidan started with manager john carmody watching from the stands, a question mark still hangs over them as to how far they could have gone in the championship had it not been interrupted with turbulence two weeks ago

cratloe today without diarmuid ryan look to be improving , whether they can up it to the level they brought to the semi final last year where they eliminated sixmilebridge remains to be seen , a dangerous side no the less , championship shaping up nicely draw for the last 8 tomorrow night

Scorers
    Cratloe:
    Billy Connors 1-07 ,
    Cathal McInerney 0-03
    Conor McGrath 0-03,
    Jack McInerney 0-02
    Podge Collins 0-01

Kilmaley:
    Mikey O’Neill 0-06
    Cian Moloney 0-02
    Sean O’Loughlin 0-01
    Eamon Bracken 0-01
    Daire Keane 0-01

Good summary. Cian doesn't have a brother on panel though.

caddy16 wrote: »
    Good summary. Cian doesn't have a brother on panel though.

ok sound i taught the full back?? Aaron i think his name is was his brother ,

• Advertisement

Clare parents that are living in Limerick well before he was born . Afraid that doesnt make him a Clare man . ��

that' s exactly what we were talking about ....and taking the piss out of each other about it .......it wasn't a serious conversation

in fact you never have a serious conversation with Bloody Bill full stop !! :pac:

Advertisement