Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭caddy16

ok sound i taught the full back?? Aaron i think his name is was his brother ,

No not related.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

When will the times for this weekends football matches be known? They are still up on the Clare GAA website as TBC

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Tulla or the Mills..who you got?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Figerty

Keano wrote: »
    Tulla or the Mills..who you got?!

This could be the match of the year to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Boots234 wrote: »
    When will the times for this weekends football matches be known? They are still up on the Clare GAA website as TBC[/QUOT

Tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ballyea v crusheen
    Eire og v bridge :(
    Cratloe v clonlara
    Feakle v inaghmona

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Not quite sepp blatter in Geneva but close enough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭BnB

Clare SHC Qtr Finals
    Ballyea v Crusheen
    Cratloe v Clonlara
    Inagh/Kilnamona v Feakle
    Sixmilebridge v Eire Og

Clare IHC Qtr Finals
    Broadford v Sixmilebridge
    Scariff v Inagh/Kilnamona
    Smith O'Brien's v Killanena
    Tubber v St Joseph's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mitresize5

when are those matches on

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

mitresize5 wrote: »
    when are those matches on

Weekend after next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭BnB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Would Moloney take on the role on his own? Or should we expect his departure to follow ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Word is that Moloney is going on his own but there is talk of someone else coming in to help out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Did he stay withe 21 team as well for a year on his own?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Clareman wrote: »
    Word is that Moloney is going on his own but there is talk of someone else coming in to help out.

Wouldn't it count as a New management now that part of the management team has stepped, surely it's a new management applying for the Job

On a side note.. from what I hear it's definitely Maloney

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think the 2 lads had seperate agreements and we both managers so it's be just an existing manager staying on and the other not.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Clareman wrote: »
    I think the 2 lads had seperate agreements and we both managers so it's be just an existing manager staying on and the other not.

It's a shambles really looking at it objectively. Both guys struggled to make an impact over the 3 years. They could get Clare prepared well and hurling well but only sporadically. They couldn't get a handle on Cork at all until this summer past when really there was nothing to lose and they were set up to have a "backs against the wall' performance. So now one leaves and in my opinion the most mportant 1 of the 2. O Connor should step down too and give someone else a go. Theres abit of rebuilding to be done and the viable panel is very small in comparison to the likes of Tipperary and Limerick.

I don't think the lads have done enough at senior level to justify a forth year, some of the actions on the sideline have been a disgrace and if it was our former manager at the helm there'd be people baying for blood.

It's a result based business, they're 3 years in, in their first year they were knocked out by the team who became all Ireland champions 3 years later, in their second year they were knocked out by the defending champions and in their 3rd year they were beaten by the eventual and defending champions so it could be said that they have just been "unlucky" by the teams they were up against.

On the other side of the arguement, they took over a team who have won an All Ireland and League and have only reached an All Ireland semi final once, in their 3rd year they failed to get out of Munster and shipped 2 heavy defeats.

This crop of under 21s is coming to their peak but some of them are coming to an end, the players have put in an awful lot of years and have given up a lot of their lives, whoever is going to be in charge next year is going to have to manage existing players, players who want to leave and try to blood other players which won't be an easy task at all especially as next year we'll be away to Tipp and Cork in the championship.

I know they have been in the job 3 years, and there have been both positives and negatives in that time.

But, it's really hard to look past the heavy defeats this year to Limerick and Tipp - and the humiliating nature of these.

IMO, we should go for a fully new management team.

Also, I assumed the two lads discussed this, and it's hardly a surprise to Moloney.

If O'Connor stepping down would lead to Moloney deciding to also step down, then they would have announced it together, surely ?
    So I read it as Moloney planning to stay on.

• Advertisement

I know they have been in the job 3 years, and there have been both positives and negatives in that time.

But, it's really hard to look past the heavy defeats this year to Limerick and Tipp - and the humiliating nature of these.

IMO, we should go for a fully new management team.

To be honest I'm stuggling to think of the positives, good performances for parts of matches don't count in my opinion, neither do getting to finals.

Also, I assumed the two lads discussed this, and it's hardly a surprise to Moloney.

If O'Connor stepping down would lead to Moloney deciding to also step down, then they would have announced it together, surely ?
    So I read it as Moloney planning to stay on.

it was heavily rumored at the end of june and since thad o'connor was gone due to work commitments

in moloney's defence he went it alone after o'connor left the 21s set up a few years back , and did fine

but let's be honest joint managements never work , moloney and o'connor have done huge work for clare hurling and set a huge bar for the county to aspire to in the coming years especially at underage

but everyone knows the bigger issue , every dog in the street knows daly was interested and pretty much told he would have no hope of the gig while pat fitz was in town, only meant one thing

bruiser will continue to run the show with davey's tactics underage , moloney will get rewarded with a 2 year term to keep the senior ship afloat , the bridge will win a county championship and davey will return from wexford and there is sweet fa that anyone can do

all this has been set in stone with over a year now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Set in stone? Doubt that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Thanks to Gerry for all the hard work he has put into Clare hurling over the last 10 years or so. He helped bring through a superb group of players and gave us supporters some great days out.

I was hopeful they would be able to bring that group through to win an all Ireland but they just fell short in the first two years. I just don’t think we have the players anymore anyway. They certainly got plenty wrong in the last few years.

Not sure about Moloney on his own but I’m not sure what the alternatives are anyway

finbarrk wrote: »
    Set in stone? Doubt that anyway.

It has been, 100% and its exactly how it will play out while Pat Fitz is in town, 2021 Fitz will return as a result of all of this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Not sure about Moloney on his own but I’m not sure what the alternatives are anyway

I was hopeful they would be able to bring that group through to win an all Ireland but they just fell short in the first two years. I just don’t think we have the players anymore anyway. They certainly got plenty wrong in the last few years.

Thanks to Gerry for all the hard work he has put into Clare hurling over the last 10 years or so. He helped bring through a superb group of players and gave us supporters some great days out.

Agreed, they have been excellent servants for Clare hurling this past decade. The reality is though alot of these players have been listening to the same voices for 8 years through the various grades. The set up has gone stale. There is no shame in D&G walking away, they have brought the team as far as they can.

There isnt many options out there, but I still wouldn't mind taking on an inexperienced young coach with fresh ideas. This team doesn't need an experienced voiceful coach anymore, most of the core players are in their prime. The team needs to be refreshed. Also we need and injection of young talent, whether we have that Im not sure though.

Round 3 of the SFC , comfortable wins for kilmihil and lissycasey , while the townies record another impressive win to top group 4 , all 3 teams through to the 1/4 , 3 losers into the relegation will be joined by the loser of cooraclare or doonbeg who play tomorrow evening

Group 1

Kilmihil 5 -11
    1-13 Kilrush

ciaran downes 1-4
    Liam Madigan 0-5
    Sean Crowley 2-1
    Gearoid o'Brien 0-4
    Martin o'leary 0-3
    Darragh Bolton 1-0
    Dan Keating 1-0
    John Kelliher 0-2
    David Egan 1-0
    Con O'brien 0-1
    David Lernihan 0-2
    Philip Ryan 0-1

Group 2

Lissycasey 1-16
    0-12 Corofin

Conor Finucane 1-3
    Robin Mounsey 0-3
    Niall Kelly 0-4
    Sean o'Brien 0-3
    Mikey O’Neill 0-2
    Jamie Malone 0-3
    Killian Normoyle 0-2
    Shay Malone 0-1
    Paudric McNamara 0-1
    Damien o'loughlin 0-1
    Cian Meaney 0-1
    Fionn Clancy 0-1
    Aaron Griffin 0-1
    Enda Finucane 0-1
    Rory Griffin 0-1

Group 4

Eire Og 3-17
    0-17 Clondegad

Gavin Cooney 1-6
    Tony Kelly 0-5
    Eimhin Courtney 0-5
    Gary Brennan 0-4
    Mark Mcinerney 1-2
    Eoin Donnellan 0-2
    Aaron Fitzgearld 1-0
    Brandon o'connell 0-2
    Philip Talty 0-1
    Tadgh Lynch 0-2
    Ikem Igweru 0-1
    Morgan Garry 0-1
    Conal o'Hanifein 0-1
    James Murphy 0-1

IFC

Doora/Barefield 2-12 0-7 Naomh Eoin
    Shannon Gaels 1-9 0-6 O'Currys
    Wolfe tones 2-09 1-08 Liscannor

JFC 1/4

Clooney/Quin 4-14 1-07 Meelick

https://twitter.com/DLynchSport/status/1170400950047182853
    https://twitter.com/DLynchSport/status/1170413720071262210

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Gael85

Jamie Malone going travelling. Won't be available for Clare footballers next year. 😥

Gael85 wrote: »
    Jamie Malone going travelling. Won't be available for Clare footballers next year. ��

the list at the moment is

out for 2020

Jamie malone travel
    pearse lillis travel??
    sean o'donohue relocating back home to chicago
    david tubridy retirement to be announced
    gary brennan honeymoon , extended holiday most likely will miss the league or most of it

thankfully we have a que of really good young lads coming through , at the moment

the minor setups have been good to us over the last few years , and why not , we were the first county to win the inaugural tommy markham (also a clare man ) back in 1929
    i suggest we change the motto on the minor jersey to first to win it last to die :pac:

• Advertisement

Doonbeg 1-14 0-17 Cooraclare

Doonbeg, survived a late Cooraclare surge to book a place in the last 8 on score difference,

The magpies were below par in the first half and trailed 0-10 to 0-6 at half time, in the second they upped the gears and took control of the game, until the sending off of Ronan Goode which offered momentum back to Cooraclare for the last 10 minutes but did enough to just about get over the line

Scorers Doonbeg:
    Colm Dillon (1-01),
    David Tubridy (0-04
    Sean Conway (0-03),
    Brian Egan (0-01),
    Mikey Tubridy (0-01),
    Kevin McInerney (0-01),
    Pauric Aherne (0-01),
    Shane Ryan (0-01),
    Paul Dillon (0-01).

Scorers Cooraclare:
    Jack Morrissey (0-05