Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

It looks like Mulqueen and Lynch were ultimately pawns in the whole charade. Now the two of them are loyal bannermen of the Fitzgeralds but surely they should have known better than to step forward against Lohan and Brown when the groundswell for complete change was so strong. Both Mulqueen and Lynch are good coaches and have given plenty to Clare but from Parteen to Whitegate and Carrigaholt to Doolin the thirst for a complete change in approach and hurling style was yearned for. And now we have it. So the pressure switches to the new team in charge but I think the real pressure is on the players who cant perform consistently in the Championship week on week.
    Meanwhile Prince Joffrey is sitting pretty in his new 2 year contract. We all know how that will end. He ll be run out of Wexford. This year was their only chance for the iron throne . They couldn't do it,failed badly against Tipperary. But he ll be waiting for the Clare job again in 2021. Its lucky that these Lannisters were defeated in this battle but you ll imagine they ll be back in Casterly Rock planning on keeping the old warlord in place until Joffrey returns.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If it came down to Moloney, Mulqueen or Lohan it would have been touch and go between Moloney and Mulqueen, ideally it would have been Moloney with Mulqueen, when Moloney dropped out it was clear that Mulqueen was the best candidate but once it was clear that he was getting the gig without due process he was a dead duck and now Lohan has gotten it by default.

Lohan has talked a good game but take his playing career out of it i dont think he has the qualifications to be an intercounty manager, the fact that he doesn't have a backroom team in place yet doesnt do anything to change my opinion, I've also heard rumours that Ken Ralph was in a bar after the football final last week asking people if they wanted to be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

yep , things not going well at the moment in the "garden of betrayal " :rolleyes:.... or should i say tom morey park...

https://twitter.com/ClareChampion/status/1190993962003247104

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

Firstly I have decided to return to boards.ie. It has been a very tough and challenging couple of days and there will be many huge hurdles to jump ahead. But I had a change of heart and return to boards. While things are not great certainly for the medium and long term future in relation to my personal circumstances, I look forward to discussing all things Clare GAA and hopefully 2020 will be a most productive year, for the fortunes of the Banner County.

Back to GAA action on the pitch, while I wasn't at the SMB v Ballygunner game in person, can someone please clarify whether Seadna Morey (one of SMB's most influential attackers in the side), was the designated "sweeper" for the 2nd half for the DF coached side. That according to Tommy Guilfoyle on Clare FM. If true then that was the most stupidest thing to do, especially with a gale in your backs, after being 9 down at half-time. Underlines how DF's tactics are yet again found wanting, when his coached/managed teams are chasing a lead.

However Ballygunner are a serious outfit. I expected the Waterford side to win today. The key for them going forward is Dessie Hutchinson. Soccer's loss is very much Waterford GAA's gain. Massive talent that this former Brighton FC player is. Could be the difference that Ballygunner needs to get that much deserved All-Ireland club title come January of next year.

Firstly I have decided to return to boards.ie. It has been a very tough and challenging couple of days and there will be many huge hurdles to jump ahead. But I had a change of heart and return to boards. While things are not great certainly for the medium and long term future in relation to my personal circumstances, I look forward to discussing all things Clare GAA and hopefully 2020 will be a most productive year, for the fortunes of the Banner County.

Back to GAA action on the pitch, while I wasn't at the SMB v Ballygunner game in person, can someone please clarify whether Seadna Morey (one of SMB's most influential attackers in the side), was the designated "sweeper" for the 2nd half for the DF coached side. That according to Tommy Guilfoyle on Clare FM. If true then that was the most stupidest thing to do, especially with a gale in your backs, after being 9 down at half-time. Underlines how DF's tactics are yet again found wanting, when his coached/managed teams are chasing a lead.

However Ballygunner are a serious outfit. I expected the Waterford side to win today. The key for them going forward is Dessie Hutchinson. Soccer's loss is very much Waterford GAA's gain. Massive talent that this former Brighton FC player is. Could be the difference that Ballygunner needs to get that much deserved All-Ireland club title come January of next year.

Bridge will take a long whole to recover from that debacle. Beaten up a stick. Yeah I think Sneada was the sweeper second half. Caimin Morey was the first and he let a guy bounce a ball over his head and run past him without planting him into the turf and taking the card. That was a card worth taking. Stack and the great Bridge centre backs of old will be turning in their graves (if they are dead,if they are alive they ll be disgusted)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Clareman wrote: »
    If it came down to Moloney, Mulqueen or Lohan it would have been touch and go between Moloney and Mulqueen, ideally it would have been Moloney with Mulqueen, when Moloney dropped out it was clear that Mulqueen was the best candidate but once it was clear that he was getting the gig without due process he was a dead duck and now Lohan has gotten it by default.

Lohan has talked a good game but take his playing career out of it i dont think he has the qualifications to be an intercounty manager,
    the fact that he doesn't have a backroom team in place yet doesnt do anything to change my opinion, I've also heard rumours that Ken Ralph was in a bar after the football final last week asking people if they wanted to be involved.

Yes we know what you think and I understand that if things go badly you can say "I told you so"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yes we know what you think and I understand that if things go badly you can say "I told you so"

I'm really hoping that I'm proven complete wrong and we go on to win another All Ireland with him at the helm.

I'm really hoping that I'm proven complete wrong and we go on to win another All Ireland with him at the helm.

A Munster will do with this current crop. The All Ireland Ship has sailed a season or 2 ago.

BloodyBill wrote: »
    A Munster will do with this current crop. The All Ireland Ship has sailed a season or 2 ago.

I don't know if a Munster "will do", what will that do besides give the players a full set of medals? 2 years ago we could/should have beaten Galway to get to an All Ireland final to play a team we had beaten by 11 points earlier in the championship.

Most of our players will be 26/27 next season that's the perfect age, I think we have 1 or 2 seasons left in this crop of players.

I don't know if a Munster "will do", what will that do besides give the players a full set of medals? 2 years ago we could/should have beaten Galway to get to an All Ireland final to play a team we had beaten by 11 points earlier in the championship.

Most of our players will be 26/27 next season that's the perfect age, I think we have 1 or 2 seasons left in this crop of players.

At this moment in time I have them ranked well behind Limerick and Tipperary.. and Cork. I also think Waterford have better talent and a bigger squad if they put their best foot forward. You saw the best of Clare Club players yesterday getting the run around . Malone , Podge , david McInerney, Seadna Morey ect...their age profiles arent bad but they have it all to do to get out of Munster. And the squad is very very small. Between the ages of 19 and 23 theres a real talent deficit. But if Lohan gets them hurling well then youd never know I guess. Fortress Cusack Park could see more of those fortified walls undermined in 2020.

• Advertisement

At this point I see them as touch and go with Waterford as the lowest ranked team in Munster BUT we have the players they just need to step up to the mark. Last year was a massive lost year for us, we went backwards in almost every part of hurling, I think the lowelight for me was playing with a sweeper when playing with the wind against Tipp, we had a puck out go wide cause of the strenght of the wind but we weren't able to adjust.

The players have the hurling ability but I don't know if we have the leaders on the pitch or the mindset to win matches, we don't have players who are willing to take the game but the scruff of the neck and just make decisions for themselves, if Lohan manages to get some leaders I think we can go close to all the other teams.

i didn't go down to it yesterday ,but was expecting the bridge to emulate ballyea last year some bit by putting up a fight , from what i am led to believe that goal is just a summary of how off sixmilebridge were ,

Kieran Harvey, chairman of Clare Ladies Football Gaelic Association, has passed away. By all accounts he was a gentleman and will remembered fondly throughout West Clare and Ladies Gaelic Football, in general in the county.

Rest in Peace.

Results coming in from today's Round 2 Harty Cup (Munster Post Primary Schools Senior Hurling A Championship) matches.

St Flannans 0-21 De La Salle 1-14. This win for the Ennis school, virtually guarantees them a place in January's Harty Cup quarter-finals. After their 1st round win over Blackwater CS, they top group B with 2 wins and if they avoid defeat against Gaelcholaiste Mhuire an Mhainistir Thuaigh, in their final group game, they guarantee their passage to the 1/4 Final as group winners.

Group D: Midleton CBS 2-9 St Joseph's Tulla 0-10. A very brave effort by the Tulla school, against the defending Harty Cup champions. However 12 wides over the hour, costed them a famous victory against their Cork opponents. Midleton CBS also played the last 10 minutes with 14 men, after one of their players received a red card. At that time, there was only 2 points between the sides. One that got away for St Joseph's Tulla for sure. If Tulla can avoid defeat in their final group game against Ardscoil ui Urmaltaigh Bandon, in this 3 team group, then they qualify for the quarter-finals also.

Meanwhile in the Munster Senior B PPS hurling Championship, Rice College Ennis suffered a disappointing 1-19 to 0-8 defeat Scoil na mBraithre Rathlairc.

Results coming in from today's Round 2 Harty Cup (Munster Post Primary Schools Senior Hurling A Championship) matches.

St Flannans 0-21 De La Salle 1-14. This win for the Ennis school, virtually guarantees them a place in January's Harty Cup quarter-finals. After their 1st round win over Blackwater CS, they top group B with 2 wins and if they avoid defeat against Gaelcholaiste Mhuire an Mhainistir Thuaigh, in their final group game, they guarantee their passage to the 1/4 Final as group winners.

Group D: Midleton CBS 2-9 St Joseph's Tulla 0-10. A very brave effort by the Tulla school, against the defending Harty Cup champions. However 12 wides over the hour, costed them a famous victory against their Cork opponents. Midleton CBS also played the last 10 minutes with 14 men, after one of their players received a red card. At that time, there was only 2 points between the sides. One that got away for St Joseph's Tulla for sure. If Tulla can avoid defeat in their final group game against Ardscoil ui Urmaltaigh Bandon, in this 3 team group, then they qualify for the quarter-finals also.

Meanwhile in the Munster Senior B PPS hurling Championship, Rice College Ennis suffered a disappointing 1-19 to 0-8 defeat Scoil na mBraithre Rathlairc.

great update , that is a really good showing from tulla , midleton have been flying the last few years , they have produced some tallent from that school nothing shabby about that effort

flannans a bit off the top schools just yet but you would imagine they will have some sort of say in things come january at the lest

What about Ard Scoil ? A much more successfull school than Flannans over the last 20 years.Half that team is Clare. People wonder why South East Clare people have no real affinity with Ennis media ect.. Theres loyal Clare people in Westbury, Parteen, Cratloe, Sixmilebridge ect...

It appears that the Clare senior hurlers can begin collective training starting next Friday, November 15th, ahead of the upcoming season. It looks like it will be late next month before the Munster Hurling League will commence, with all 6 counties in the province set to participate in this pre-season competition. With Brian Lohan at the helm, I look at the likely squad that he will have in his disposal.

Goalkeepers

Donal Tuohy, Andrew Fahy and Derek Fahy from the Bridge are the most likely goalkeepers for the season ahead

Full Back line

Paul Flanagan, Pat O'Connor, David McInerney, Jason McCarthy are the likely contenders. Others that could make an impact include Aaron Moloney from Kilmaley, a potential bolter and Jack Browne who is far more comfortable in centre-back these days. While the likes of Seadna Morey and David Fitzgerald can also play at right back, but like Browne, are far more comfortable in the half-back line.

Half Back line

Cathal Malone, Conor Cleary, S Morey, Fitzgerald, Browne, Aidan McCarthy, Michael O'Malley will definitely be the leading seven for the 3 half-back line positions. Jamie Shanahan will also have a major part to play in 2020, if he recovers from several serious injuries. Ross Hayes and Cian Galvin will also play a big role in the coming years, and could see some game time in the Munster League. Two players of huge potential.

Midfield

Conor McGrath if he returns to the panel, must be considered in MF. He thrived in that position for Cratloe, throughout the county championship. Colm Galvin, Shane Golden, Ryan Taylor will also be in contention for that role come championship. Diarmuid Ryan is a player than can play here too. However he is far more comfortable at either centre-back or right-half forward, with the latter position the more likely role for this huge prospect come championship time in late May 2020.

Half-forward line

Tony Kelly at 11 is a nearly a given at this stage. However the loss of Peter Duggan is huge for reasons that we all know about in Clare. Diarmuid Ryan at 12 looks likely also. Billy Connors who surprisingly was not part of Donal and Gerry's panel for 2019, will definitely be part of Lohan's plans for the year ahead. Rian Considine is also another player to likely get more game time under Lohan. Ian Galvin will surely never get a better chance to be part of the starting 15. You could put Cathal Malone in at 10 or 12 also, but personally its the half-back line for the Sixmilebridge sharp-shooter. Don't forget David Reidy if he's ready to commit to the team again.

Full-forward line

Podge, John Conlon, Shane O'Donnell, Cathal McInerney, Gary Cooney, Aron Shanagher, Mikey O'Neill are some of the more likely names that you will expect in the Clare panel, with the first 3 names I mentioned, the front-runners for the 3 Full-Forward positions. Mark Rodgers is another huge talent, that you expect to see in the panel with the Scariff man underage for U20 in 2020 and 2021.

So that's roughly 33 or 34 names that I mentioned, that as things stand, will be part of Brian Lohan's plans for 2020, outside of Peter Duggan. All very talented players indeed. Some need to produce better than what they showed in 2019. Crucially though very few players outside of the 2019 panel, showed promise throughout the recent county championship, from the games that I saw. Aaron Moloney, Ross Hayes, Mark Rodgers and Billy Connors and possibly GK Derek Fahy, will be the likely newcomers to the panel. I mentioned Cian Galvin, but more than likely it will be 2021, before we see the Clarecastle man in county senior colours.

The panel needs freshness. It also needs accountability. That no player is immune from being dropped, regardless of who they are, reputation etc. It was much harder to get off the team, then it was to get on it, during the 2019 season, which proved to be Donal and Gerry's ultimate downfall. Fingers crossed that Brian will get the team playing natural hurling again, without the obsession of systems, tactics etc. That is my main hope for 2020 along with no sweepers used!

I would like to know what other posters think, about any other players that should be considered for the Clare panel or selection, outside of the usual suspects, or those that I mentioned in the above. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Colin guilfoyle????

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Niallers87

It appears that the Clare senior hurlers can begin collective training starting next Friday, November 15th, ahead of the upcoming season. It looks like it will be late next month before the Munster Hurling League will commence, with all 6 counties in the province set to participate in this pre-season competition. With Brian Lohan at the helm, I look at the likely squad that he will have in his disposal.

Goalkeepers

Donal Tuohy, Andrew Fahy and Derek Fahy from the Bridge are the most likely goalkeepers for the season ahead

Full Back line

Paul Flanagan, Pat O'Connor, David McInerney, Jason McCarthy are the likely contenders. Others that could make an impact include Aaron Moloney from Kilmaley, a potential bolter and Jack Browne who is far more comfortable in centre-back these days. While the likes of Seadna Morey and David Fitzgerald can also play at right back, but like Browne, are far more comfortable in the half-back line.

Half Back line

Cathal Malone, Conor Cleary, S Morey, Fitzgerald, Browne, Aidan McCarthy, Michael O'Malley will definitely be the leading seven for the 3 half-back line positions. Jamie Shanahan will also have a major part to play in 2020, if he recovers from several serious injuries. Ross Hayes and Cian Galvin will also play a big role in the coming years, and could see some game time in the Munster League. Two players of huge potential.

Midfield

Conor McGrath if he returns to the panel, must be considered in MF. He thrived in that position for Cratloe, throughout the county championship. Colm Galvin, Shane Golden, Ryan Taylor will also be in contention for that role come championship. Diarmuid Ryan is a player than can play here too. However he is far more comfortable at either centre-back or right-half forward, with the latter position the more likely role for this huge prospect come championship time in late May 2020.

Half-forward line

Tony Kelly at 11 is a nearly a given at this stage. However the loss of Peter Duggan is huge for reasons that we all know about in Clare. Diarmuid Ryan at 12 looks likely also. Billy Connors who surprisingly was not part of Donal and Gerry's panel for 2019, will definitely be part of Lohan's plans for the year ahead. Rian Considine is also another player to likely get more game time under Lohan. Ian Galvin will surely never get a better chance to be part of the starting 15. You could put Cathal Malone in at 10 or 12 also, but personally its the half-back line for the Sixmilebridge sharp-shooter. Don't forget David Reidy if he's ready to commit to the team again.

Full-forward line

Podge, John Conlon, Shane O'Donnell, Cathal McInerney, Gary Cooney, Aron Shanagher, Mikey O'Neill are some of the more likely names that you will expect in the Clare panel, with the first 3 names I mentioned, the front-runners for the 3 Full-Forward positions. Mark Rodgers is another huge talent, that you expect to see in the panel with the Scariff man underage for U20 in 2020 and 2021.

So that's roughly 33 or 34 names that I mentioned, that as things stand, will be part of Brian Lohan's plans for 2020, outside of Peter Duggan. All very talented players indeed. Some need to produce better than what they showed in 2019. Crucially though very few players outside of the 2019 panel, showed promise throughout the recent county championship, from the games that I saw. Aaron Moloney, Ross Hayes, Mark Rodgers and Billy Connors and possibly GK Derek Fahy, will be the likely newcomers to the panel. I mentioned Cian Galvin, but more than likely it will be 2021, before we see the Clarecastle man in county senior colours.

The panel needs freshness. It also needs accountability. That no player is immune from being dropped, regardless of who they are, reputation etc. It was much harder to get off the team, then it was to get on it, during the 2019 season, which proved to be Donal and Gerry's ultimate downfall. Fingers crossed that Brian will get the team playing natural hurling again, without the obsession of systems, tactics etc. That is my main hope for 2020 along with no sweepers used!

I would like to know what other posters think, about any other players that should be considered for the Clare panel or selection, outside of the usual suspects, or those that I mentioned in the above. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Very well put together post, personally i am not sure if podge is going to cut it at this level, his form over the past years has been poor. I think we have very similar players with podge, reidy, cooney and ian galvin. I dont think we can afford to have all these players on the starting 15. The game has moved on and we need ball winners now particularly in the half forward line.
    I know lohan is probably going to give everyone a fair shot which is only fair.
    In the absence of duggan we need a reliable free taker, maybe this duty may fall on kelly now? Rumour has is that Aaron Cunningham could be linking back up with the panel also. We will definitely need to scour the country for more players, going on the county final, would alex morey be worth a shot?
    I think we need david fitzgerald to be more imposing also, hes a big man and has skill, just needs to impose himself more

• Advertisement

Colin guilfoyle????

Absolutely opinionated3, I completely forgot about him. With Duggan gone, it represents a huge opportunity for a big target-man, who can win primary possession and can be a huge asset, if Clare go the direct route to Conlon and Guilfoyle on the edge of the D, that could be very interesting indeed.

Tbh I don't know why we saw very little of him throughout 2019. Anyone with any info on that, will be most welcome.

Niallers87 wrote: »
    Very well put together post, personally i am not sure if podge is going to cut it at this level, his form over the past years has been poor. I think we have very similar players with podge, reidy, cooney and ian galvin. I dont think we can afford to have all these players on the starting 15. The game has moved on and we need ball winners now particularly in the half forward line.
    I know lohan is probably going to give everyone a fair shot which is only fair.
    In the absence of duggan we need a reliable free taker, maybe this duty may fall on kelly now? Rumour has is that Aaron Cunningham could be linking back up with the panel also. We will definitely need to scour the country for more players, going on the county final, would alex morey be worth a shot?
    I think we need david fitzgerald to be more imposing also, hes a big man and has skill, just needs to impose himself more

God I hope that Cunningham returns to the panel, Niallers87. He will be a huge asset and personally providing he hasn't lost his form while on his travails in Australia, he could very well be starting come championship time.

Everything that you said in the rest of your post is right on the money. In relation to Podge, I'm sorry to say that his decline is very sad to see. He can't rely on his trickery and dancing feet anymore and has lost about a yard of pace. Personally a year's break from the game could be the best for him, he looks mentally and physically exhausted. It certainly did Conor McGrath no harm.

In relation to Alex Morey, definitely worth a look but what age is he. Very impressed with him throughout the county championship, but one must mention how poor the standard and quality was, in relation to the Clare senior hurling championship in 2019.

Finally you mention David Fitzgerald. It's the 6 inches between his ears that's the problem with the Inagh/Kilnamona clubman. Has huge potential, no one is doubting that. But his indiscipline and his temperament is of huge concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Goalkeepers

Full Back line

Half Back line

Midfield

Half-forward line

Full-forward line

Good summary there of the players we have at our disposal. There is a decent core there, but we are still short a few. Duggan is a huge loss, he is arguably our most important player given the multiple key roles he plays for this team as well as playing in a position we are short on talent.

The only thing is I would change the positions of a few players:

- David McInerney for me is a half back, its best where we can maximise his skillset. Problem is we don't have another full back up to the standard. With that being said, David is still very error prone at the position and I would prefer we just try and develop another option there. I like to think Lohan will have an idea what to do here (maybe its sticking with David Mc). The last two minor full backs, Mungovan and especially Hogan were outstanding, but it will be a few years yet for them. Moloney did well against Cork for the u21s this year.

- Aidan McCarthy for me is a wing forward/midfield. He can play half back for sure very well, but I'd like to develop him further up the field. Most county teams have a 'grafter' type half forward, someone that will come out around midfield to work hard (McCormack for Tipp, Kearney for Cork, Morrisey for Limerick, etc, etc) I think he would be very good in this role as he is excellent at running with the ball and can score. He is an excellent prospect for Clare wherever between 5-12 anyway, he should start in 2020 imo.

- John Conlon I think might better at center forward now with Peter Duggan now in the half forward line. He is one of the few players on the squad that has a physical presence. I know he was unstoppable on the edge of the square in 2018, but I dont think that matters if we can't get the ball into him. He actually started the 2018 campaign at center forward and score 5 points from play against Cork. He can play the position.

- Tony Kelly's position for me going forward is the one similar to which he played against Cork this year in the championship. I'd play him a roaming corner forward, where he can come out and make runs of the ball, which is what his game is all about. Scored 1-2 from play that day, in his first ever time playing the position. Even when watching the Sunday Game after the Cork match, the panel were showing runs Tony was making clean through on goal, but he didn't get the pass. I think he could thrive in this role, and he is good at shooting for goals too (not for penalties admittedly!).

One player you are missing is Rory Hayes (Wolfe Tones), who I think has potential at corner back. He played most of the league this year and granted, was very up and down. But he is a good hurler, he has alot of pace and good tenacity for the position. He needs to play with much more of a level head and discipline, but the raw tools are there. Lohan may be the right man in the county to teach him how to defend properly.

-

Overall though, we are short players a few players. Full back, midfield partner beside Galvin and half forwards are the positions we are most short on in my opinion, as well as finding somebody to hit the frees. Diarmuid Ryan is a better half back for me, but he will likely stay at wing forward with Peter Duggan not with the team next year. At the end of the day Lohan needs to find a few players and well as getting his best players back in form.

Colin guilfoyle????

Very much a talent yes, was probably out of position under gerry and Dónal, lacks a little pace for the wing I imagine he will be looked at but will have to step it up a bit, had one or two great games for Newmarket in the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JR Harvey

Aidan McGuane played well for Kilmaley, he should be included in an area we are short in. Kevin Hehir was excellent against SMB and may get a call.

I'd rather see a few trials to be honest..like they do in other counties. There are alot of guys who need to move on. I'd like to see 5 to ten new panel members. I cant see Conor McGrath back...zero pace and as for playing midfield, not a hope .. I'd drop Podge. I'd bring the Sixmilebridge fullback in. To be honest I think talent wise its 5th out of the 5 munster Counties. Our Golden generation didnt turn out so Golden....(I'd drop him aswell) We need a fullback. McInerney isnt a relation of a fullback. I'd play Fitzgerald centre back...Galvin would get rolled over against a big man. I'd like to see alot of experimenting. I'd like to see Kelly benched for most of the league until he learns how to pay 70mins..Iv great faith the Lohan will take the arm from around the shoulders and be more Cody like. These kids are in their late 20s for Gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Niallers87

Is oisin o brien part of the minor management ticket this year?

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I'd rather see a few trials to be honest..like they do in other counties. There are alot of guys who need to move on. I'd like to see 5 to ten new panel members. I cant see Conor McGrath back...zero pace and as for playing midfield, not a hope .. I'd drop Podge. I'd bring the Sixmilebridge fullback in. To be honest I think talent wise its 5th out of the 5 munster Counties. Our Golden generation didnt turn out so Golden....(I'd drop him aswell) We need a fullback. McInerney isnt a relation of a fullback. I'd play Fitzgerald centre back...Galvin would get rolled over against a big man. I'd like to see alot of experimenting. I'd like to see Kelly benched for most of the league until he learns how to pay 70mins..Iv great faith the Lohan will take the arm from around the shoulders and be more Cody like. These kids are in their late 20s for Gods sake.

I agree with this, for a start we have been roaring for management to rotate during the league,

Look at kilkenny, their top scorer in the league was Kevin Kelly while they blooded the likes of paddy deagen and tried out several players in different positions for later in the year

Kelly was never a likely starter but an excellent free taker, played two thirds of one championship game against carlow but was a ready replacement to take over placed balls if tj was injured, we lost two munster finals for not having free takers while playing our championship team throughout the league

JR Harvey wrote: »
    Aidan McGuane played well for Kilmaley, he should be included in an area we are short in. Kevin Hehir was excellent against SMB and may get a call.

Two or three of the kilmaley back line should feature in the early panel, they looked the sharpest team defensively until they combusted and nearly killed each other on the sidelines

• Advertisement

Aidrian mullan not paddy deegan, and mullan only entered after the ballyhale v Thomas game,

Advertisement