Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Looks like podge collins derek Fahey and Cathal mcinerney will be involved in d soccer this weekend....derek Fahey supposed to be an unreal soccer player cathal mcinerney been playing a few weeks....all talk about d 3 boys on clare fm reckon they'll be sizable crowds out watching as there cup matches I think!say its podge 1st game off soccer in a long time dunno wa Lohan will make off this if training is back in 2 weeks time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

The Irish Independent are reporting that Clare GAA are requesting a garda investigation into the recent criticism online of the Clare county board. It's believed according to the paper, that a complaint was lodged by county secretary Pat Fitzgerald to Garda regarding this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

The Irish Independent are reporting that Clare GAA are requesting a garda investigation into the recent criticism online of the Clare county board. It's believed according to the paper, that a complaint was lodged by county secretary Pat Fitzgerald to Garda regarding this issue.

Judging by what was quoted in the Clare champion Thursday it would seem they were on about the "clare clare clare" Facebook page it has since been shut down, whoever was running the page had some serious access to County board meetings and even behind the scenes in the inter County panels, but went too far with some of the personal stuff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm sure Davy will give him plenty of advice on how to deal with bullies

• Advertisement

So for the first time in 30 years, a Clare club have claimed the Munster senior club camogie championship, after Scariff-Ogonnelloe took the title, after a two point victory over Tipp champions Drom and Inch. A huge day for Clare camogie. Congrats from all Clare posters to the East Clare combination. A massive day for both parishes and its surrounding areas. A huge boost for Clare camogie, one that will boost the profile of the sport in the Banner County.

As the one famous late Gay Byrne put it with this infamous catchphrase "I am delighta and excita".

Clare 4-9 Meath 1-7 a result in the Fr Manning Cup, Under-16 Football inter-county competition, Group 5 today. That result should see the Banner county through to the cup play-off rounds. Limerick, Laois, Sligo and Offaly have also topped their respective groups with those 4 teams I mentioned, winning all their 3 matches that they have played.

Sean O'Donoghue, who represented Cooraclare and Clare in all grades including minor, U-21 and senior, is moving back to America. A hugely talented footballer, who had outstanding pace, agility and top drawer fielding ability, will be a huge loss for both club and county. Thanks for all the great memories that you left behind. The man known as "the Yank", will certainly be remembered for the right reasons for sure. Best of luck Sean on your future plans. Here is a tweet below from Sean saying his final goodbyes to Clare.

https://twitter.com/SeanFODonoghue/status/1193107853030105088

• Advertisement

So for the first time in 30 years, a Clare club have claimed the Munster senior club camogie championship, after Scariff-Ogonnelloe took the title, after a two point victory over Tipp champions Drom and Inch. A huge day for Clare camogie. Congrats from all Clare posters to the East Clare combination. A massive day for both parishes and its surrounding areas. A huge boost for Clare camogie, one that will boost the profile of the sport in the Banner County.

As the one famous late Gay Byrne put it with this infamous catchphrase "I am delighta and excita".

Good win for breckans but probably expected, huge win in the camogie however, great to see East clare clubs starting to show their strengths again, there has been excellent work going on in both men's and ladies games up there, especially in scariff,

Excellent for a parish like ogonnelloe too, where there club was almost extinct at one stage, hopefully they can go on now and rattle the all ireland, but tonight will be enjoyed first I am sure...

Sean O'Donoghue, who represented Cooraclare and Clare in all grades including minor, U-21 and senior, is moving back to America. A hugely talented footballer, who had outstanding pace, agility and top drawer fielding ability, will be a huge loss for both club and county. Thanks for all the great memories that you left behind. The man known as "the Yank", will certainly be remembered for the right reasons for sure. Best of luck Sean on your future plans. Here is a tweet below from Sean saying his final goodbyes to Clare.

https://twitter.com/SeanFODonoghue/status/1193107853030105088

Yeah a brilliant lad, for years clare football had tons of talent but most couldn't be arsed to try out for the County, I could write a book on some lads that showed complete distain to the county Jersey, the yank was the complete opposite,

Sean only moved over here with his parents at the age of 13 from Chicago, took up football the following year and forced his way into the inter County panel less then five years later

His parents moved back to America a couple of years ago but he stayed to help out with the the County while finishing off a degree in college

While we are loosing out in an excellent talent, and only 22 years of age I hope he enjoys his return home because knowing the lad he found it hard to settle here at times and was often homesick

What he brought to clare football won't be forgotten, his performance against Down in the marsh's in the league a few years ago, for me was one of the best game I seen him play, he wasn't out of place against the likes of kerry in the munster championship either

Best of luck in the future Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Treble double

Yeah a brilliant lad, for years clare football had tons of talent but most couldn't be arsed to try out for the County, I could write a book on some lads that showed complete distain to the county Jersey, the yank was the complete opposite,

Sean only moved over here with his parents at the age of 13 from Chicago, took up football the following year and forced his way into the inter County panel less then five years later

His parents moved back to America a couple of years ago but he stayed to help out with the the County while finishing off a degree in college

While we are loosing out in an excellent talent, and only 22 years of age I hope he enjoys his return home because knowing the lad he found it hard to settle here at times and was often homesick

What he brought to clare football won't be forgotten, his performance against Down in the marsh's in the league a few years ago, for me was one of the best game I seen him play, he wasn't out of place against the likes of kerry in the munster championship either

Best of luck in the future Sean.

Some athlete, brilliant leap, great pair of hands and when he opened up he could cover some ground, I believe he played basketball in the states and it really stood to him.
    Massive loss to Clare football, he was a throwback really, if he was around when the game was played fifteen on fifteen in their positions and the kickout was booted to the middle of the field he would be one of the top players in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭17togo

Excellent for a parish like ogonnelloe too, where there club was almost extinct at one stage, hopefully they can go on now and rattle the all ireland, but tonight will be enjoyed first I am sure...

Being from Ogonnelloe myself it's great to see a bit of success coming back. I played back in the late 90's when we punched well above our weight and won a clare cup and senior B. We rattled the star studded St Joseph's up in Broadford and got robbed in tulla against Wolfe tones thanks to the ref, I won't mention his name! We had brilliant hurlers, David forde was the name everyone knew but there was guys on that team that ran rings around the county players when we met them.

The adult hurlers aren't playing on the same level now so it's good to see the girls bringing success! Congrats to all.

It would be great to see the east clare clubs survive independently again though and bring back that rivalry we had with places like bodyke, scarriff and Whitegate!

Apologies for the rant, I've had a few drinks!
    Good night....

17togo wrote: »
    Being from Ogonnelloe myself it's great to see a bit of success coming back. I played back in the late 90's when we punched well above our weight and won a clare cup and senior B. We rattled the star studded St Joseph's up in Broadford and got robbed in tulla against Wolfe tones thanks to the ref, I won't mention his name! We had brilliant hurlers, David forde was the name everyone knew but there was guys on that team that ran rings around the county players when we met them.

The adult hurlers aren't playing on the same level now so it's good to see the girls bringing success! Congrats to all.

It would be great to see the east clare clubs survive independently again though and bring back that rivalry we had with places like bodyke, scarriff and Whitegate!

Apologies for the rant, I've had a few drinks!
    Good night....

Possibly one of the most beautiful parts of the country let alone the county is ogonnelloe, I remember them days of the brilliant David Ford and the senior B success

But East clare from scarrif to killaloe need a serious injection of adrenaline at the moment scarrif and killaloe have potential but a bit to go just yet, ogonnelloe will always be one of the most picturesque places in the country but, in all truth its highly unlikely them Germans are any good at the small ball 😂ðŸ‘

Well done by the way an excellent achievement, I would love to see ye go all the way now ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭fire_man

Is the Miltown game on Clare gaa tv today?

Tough day for Broadford against the favorites in munster, Milltown needed extra time to see off the Waterford champions

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClareChampion/status/1193551359209082880

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClareChampion/status/1193541686305132545

Any word on when collective training will commence for the Clare senior hurlers and footballers, ahead of the upcoming season?

Very shortly we will know Clare's first matches of the new campaign, as the Munster hurling League and McGrath Cup football draws will be revealed tonight? All 6 counties in the province look likely to take part in both competitions.

Finally does anyone know what the make-up of Clare minor hurling manager Brian Coffey's prospective backroom team for 2020? Really feel that this team will go all the way next year to potential All-Ireland glory come next August in Croke Park. 2 years ago, the same bunch of players that will be part of the 2020 Clare minor hurling panel, won the 2018 Arrabawn All-Ireland Under-15 hurling tournament, beating Cork and Tipp on the way to the title.

Seriously good side this and one expects that with the right man in place as manager, at long last, that Clare can achieve Provincial and All-Ireland minor hurling honors in 2020. Here's hoping anyways.

The Clare senior footballers are in Group A of the McGrath Cup, where they will be alongside Limerick and Waterford.

• Advertisement

Brian Lohan's first match as manager of the Clare senior hurlers, in the Munster senior hurling league, will be a home match against Limerick. After that its the defending All-Ireland champions, Tipperary at a Tipp venue.

Dates, venues and times for all McGrath Cup and Munster hurling league games, will be confirmed at a later date.

Clare GAA County Board chairman, Joe Cooney, will be on the Morning Focus show, tomorrow morning between 9 to 11 am on Clare FM radio.

Clare GAA County Board chairman, Joe Cooney, will be on the Morning Focus show, tomorrow morning between 9 to 11 am on Clare FM radio.

I heard he doesn't like journalists so should be an interesting interview, he kicked out a journalist from the most recent meeting and told them it was a private meeting

Clareman wrote: »
    I heard he doesn't like journalists so should be an interesting interview, he kicked out a journalist from the most recent meeting and told them it was a private meeting

Was that before or after pj mcguane got a standing ovation for his rant on Mrs Brown's milk bucket :rolleyes:

A legend of Clare football is how Derrick lynch described him once, here he is side stepping Gordon Kelly twice before presenting him with the cup a few weeks back, you couldn't make this stuff up

pnTFt0UGg

Any word on who will be the coach of the Clare senior hurlers for 2020? Whats the latest in relation to the S&C coach also?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Any word on who will be the coach of the Clare senior hurlers for 2020? Whats the latest in relation to the S&C coach also?

Apparently we dont need an outside coach or strength and conditioning guru. The county board have agreed to alternate the positions between them...first up is the chairmans session.....starting with 95 laps.

Due to pj McGuanes rant on Mrs Brown's leaking milk bucket after the ratification of Brian lohan there wasn't enough time to appoint anyone,

I reckon Sean Doyle will get another year at it I'd say

Due to pj McGuanes rant on Mrs Brown's leaking milk bucket after the ratification of Brian lohan there wasn't enough time to appoint anyone,

I reckon Sean Doyle will get another year at it I'd say

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1189993355746430977

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Was that before or after pj mcguane got a standing ovation for his rant on Mrs Brown's milk bucket :rolleyes:

A legend of Clare football is how Derrick lynch described him once, here he is side stepping Gordon Kelly twice before presenting him with the cup a few weeks back, you couldn't make this stuff up

pnTFt0UGg

He got in some amount off pictures at 1 stage they took so long there was about 5 in d pic with the cup........then they mixed up d man off the match lol priceless watching back

U forgot the man off the match #priceless

• Advertisement

Dickie9 wrote: »
    He got in some amount off pictures at 1 stage they took so long there was about 5 in d pic with the cup........then they mixed up d man off the match lol priceless watching back

U forgot the man off the match #priceless

Yes that's right, he called out Conor Cleary as the top scorer in the championship, think he scored around 0-6 points through out the championship

He then gave the man of the match award to Eoin Cleary because he happened to be standing beside him (collecting his top scores award)

The big loser in all of this was Joe Cullen, had he been a bit quicker up the steps to sing lovley old Miltown that day he could have ended up player of the championship :pac:

Advertisement