Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I assume there was some technical reason why it's not GW39 but seems really weird and very fpl at the same time.

Markx wrote: »
    What happens now if you want to set your team for the rest of the season following this week, but wanted to FH for the double? You can't actually do that now can you?
    On the other hand you can effectively have two chips this week (what is more-or-less a WC with unlimited transfers and then Bench Boost on a DGW)

This has not been thought through....

If you free hit for GW30+ your team will revert to how it was at the end of GW38 for GW31+. Makes sense right lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

This unlimited transfers doesnt suit me and I really cant see the logic behind it. I have auba, kdb, 2 sheff utd defenders and 2 F.Ts as it stands so would have just got grealish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Wow I'm shocked at that. I used my WC in GW25 so my team was already ok, but could definitely do with some tweaking.

On the other hand, I've already used my BB, so at quite a big disadvantage opening week.

Lots of thinking to do!
    The more I think about it the more annoyed I am getting
    I used my wildcard in gw 27 to take advantage of the skinny week which never happened and the good run of fixtures for a few teams like Wolves. They still have that run of fixtures so I was happy to just make my 2 FT as my team was set up ok for the few weeks.
    Feels like a complete waste now that everyone can do the same and will end up with similar teams. But some have the WC in the back pocket.
    I
    AM
    WORRIED

ah it's good to be worrying about a fantasy game rather than real life again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I played my WC in GW 29 and still had 6 players including (c) to play in Man City-Arsenal game that was called off - so I feel like I’ve been particularly hard hit by way things have played out as I’ve effectively lost my wildcard advantage as I’d planned ahead too - and I don’t have a bench boost while some of my competitors will. I’d also updated my team with transfers over the last few weeks so don’t particularly need the unlimited transfers.

I’m 180k at the moment and say another 30 points from Sterling (c) and my other 5 players would have me at 80k. Every chance I’ll lose money in mini leagues too with they way the season
    has worked out.
    So there’s my little moan done but my overall take is that just that you have to take everything on the chin given the situation. Accept it’s an unprecedented situation, fpl can’t make things exactly fair for everyone and enjoy the last few weeks of the season with the rules we’ve been given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

The unlimited transfers and bench boost for this week and wildcarding next week sounds good but there would be so much value being lost that I'm not sure it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

manual_man wrote: »
    Jeff. Gonna be a tonne of BB in play. A little unfair on those who already used theirs I think

Unfair/fair on everyone I think.

I think FPL towers have probably made the best of a vad situation, no doubt to try get casuals back in the game.

A gw 39 with 2 FTs would have suited me best in my minileagues as I've only used TC.

If anything I think the FH and BB are devalued now with the uncertainty of rotation and players rested/missing out.
    So those who have used them in normal times and got the advantage of them are better off.

Glad to have the game back though.

This unlimited transfers doesnt suit me and I really cant see the logic behind it. I have auba, kdb, 2 sheff utd defenders and 2 F.Ts as it stands so would have just got grealish.

I think we are in a bad place.........I have decided to FH this week and make minimal changes with my unlimited transfers.
    I actually seen a guide to budget defenders yday on FFS. I had 4 out of the main 5. My fifth defender being TAA.
    I do not see much of that changing . I had planned on 2 FT with a 3rd possibly. So -4
    Hardly going to benefit much from unlimited transfers
    1k rank will plummet :(

shineon23 wrote: »

I think FPL towers have probably made the best of a vad situation, no doubt to try get casuals back in the game.

A gw 39 with 2 FTs would have suited me best in my minileagues as I've only used TC.

If anything I think the FH and BB are devalued now with the uncertainty of rotation and players rested/missing out.
    So those who have used them in normal times and got the advantage of them are better off.

Benchboost on a dgw with two city home games along with unlimited transfers is potentially season making/destroying

shineon23 wrote: »

GW30+ you mean!

FH is definitely unlikely to be very beneficial now at least we can use the BB with this double. Still it's great the game is back either way even if the whole thing is such a mess.

• Advertisement

I played my WC in GW 29 and still had 6 players including (c) to play in Man City-Arsenal game that was called off - so I feel like I’ve been particularly hard hit by way things have played out as I’ve effectively lost my wildcard advantage as I’d planned ahead too - and I don’t have a bench boost while some of my competitors will. I’d also updated my team with transfers over the last few weeks so don’t particularly need the unlimited transfers.

I’m 180k at the moment and say another 30 points from Sterling (c) and my other 5 players would have me at 80k. Every chance I’ll lose money in mini leagues too with they way the season
    has worked out.
    So there’s my little moan done but my overall take is that just that you have to take everything on the chin given the situation. Accept it’s an unprecedented situation, fpl can’t make things exactly fair for everyone and enjoy the last few weeks of the season with the rules we’ve been given.
    Yeah I agree with that to be fair.
    The main moan I have is their poor communication throughout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is genuinely scandalous.

I am going to keep it simple on main changes
    and go wild on FH team :D
    5 subs in real life means i can go absolutely rock bottom prices on bench and load up on first 11
    One old friend is sure to return ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

km79 wrote: »
    I think we are in a bad place.........I have decided to FH this week and make minimal changes with my unlimited transfers.
    I actually seen a guide to budget defenders yday on FFS. I had 4 out of the main 5. My fifth defender being TAA.
    I do not see much of that changing . I had planned on 2 FT with a 3rd possibly. So -4
    Hardly going to benefit much from unlimited transfers
    1k rank will plummet :(

Not sure on the FH this week km

Sounds like we are both in a very similar position, I'm not sure it's wise to waste a chip on what's essentially a wildcard week, it'd be like playing both chips at once.

I already have 1 City 1 Arsenal and two Sheffield United, think I will just use my free transfers to get one or two more and leave it at that.

I have always wanted to try a FH in the final gameweek and I don't think I'll ever have a better opportunity

I am going to keep it simple on main changes
    and go wild on FH team :D
    5 subs in real life means i can go absolutely rock bottom prices on bench and load up on first 11
    One old friend is sure to return ;)

Hang on, you can't do both can you??

I'm assuming any transfers you make now will be tied up in the Free Hit, and your team will revert to what it was at GW38 after this week

I looked at it there
    It is actually very tricky because in effect I would have to finalise main team first THEN free hit .
    This is going to take thinking about.

Hang on, you can't do both can you??

I'm assuming any transfers you make now will be tied up in the Free Hit, and your team will revert to what it was at GW38 after this week

Have to make all "permanent" transfers first yes
    Its tricky.
    Not sure about it now

Have to make all "permanent" transfers first yes
    Its tricky.
    Not sure about it now

Are you sure? Ben Crellin suggests otherwise

That would be big if you can set up your team for rest of season AND also free hit.

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1269980941965037568?s=19

Can’t believe they haven’t even updated fixtures yet
    I want to see how my team looks and was hoping to spend the weekend looking at transfers etc properly
    Tbh my team was set up for these fixtures anyway and it’s all guess work so I don’t really care what happens regarding unlimited transfers etc
    My 2 FT will do me
    I’m already have double blades defense and grealish for DgW .
    Don’t want any arsenal .
    Might get KDB back in for mane (also have Salah) and upgrade jota to rashford . Although I am only 0.2 off having a fully fit Harry Kane...........that’s a wait and see for me though .

I do not see myself playing free hit as I will lose a transfer (answering the question before it is asked :D

so
    kane
    hhhhmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

CSF wrote: »
    This is genuinely scandalous.
    Agree. The game has become a farce catering to the braindead masses who you see commenting on their "who stats are these" type sh1te the FPL account posted all during the blackout.

The lack of DGWs now has ruined it for me. 7 months of planning down the drain.

I'll play away of course but a bitter taste has been left.

• Advertisement

Are you sure? Ben Crellin suggests otherwise

That would be big if you can set up your team for rest of season AND also free hit.

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1269980941965037568?s=19

So that means I am not allowed play the chip I was holding for the dgw whilst every other chip (unlimited transfers for wc) can be played?
    I had also carried a transfer into gw 30 FFS
    That is going to anger me
    I want the option whether I decide to play it or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Welcome back ladies and gentlemen.

20km travel distance, shops reopening, pubs on the horision is one thing, but we all know FPL restarting was what we were really waiting for

Am I even able to bank my transfer now and have 2 next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

jimmii wrote: »
    GW30+ you mean!

FH is definitely unlikely to be very beneficial now at least we can use the BB with this double. Still it's great the game is back either way even if the whole thing is such a mess.

No i mean if things had continued and we got a a GW39 rather than the GW30+ we're lumbered with.

As I didn't make a transfer in Gw38 I'd have have 2 FTs in Gw39.

Yeah i had intended to FH into as many doubles as possible.

I might still do that, as to not lose resale value on players and not be stuck with arsenal and villa players going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'd love to do your plan if we can KM, Pick my team for GW31 onwards, and free hit for GW32. Worried it would revert to my team as it was last night tho. I reckon there's not even anyone it FPL towers know how that would work

CSF wrote: »
    Am I even able to bank my transfer now and have 2 next week?

Don't think so

They obviously went the unlimited transfers route instead of 2nd wildcard so that people can use their chips
    "Triple Captain, Bench Boost and Free Hit chips are available in GW30+"
    "- Prices of players will not change until after the GW30+ deadline has passed"

I would not rule out FH reverting to whatever team you have selected by the point you play it.
    Obviously needs to be clarified but lack of price changes gives us time

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'd love to do your plan if we can KM, Pick my team for GW31 onwards, and free hit for GW32. Worried it would revert to my team as it was last night tho. I reckon there's not even anyone it FPL towers know how that would work

I don't see any way the game could differentiate between the permanent transfers you want to make, and the ones you only want on your Free Hit. It's just not set up to be able to do that unfortunately.

If I was a betting man I'd say that as soon as you played FH, all transfers made in that GW get lumped into the FH, and will be reverted after the deadline.

Don't think so

Honestly, someone needs to provide competition to them running next year’s game. I hope it happens.

• Advertisement

I don't see any way the game could differentiate between the permanent transfers you want to make, and the ones you only want on your Free Hit. It's just not set up to be able to do that unfortunately.

If I was a betting man I'd say that as soon as you played FH, all transfers made in that GW get lumped into the FH, and will be reverted after the deadline.

My leads in every league are going to disappear this week so
    or it might be for luck who knows
    Will not be making any transfers yet anyway
    no price changes

Advertisement