Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,638 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I already used my WC in GW23 and the really slow FT based WC during the abandoned weeks so this is a kick in the face for those who planned carefully. I've no transfers to make per say, but I might bench boost now and revise 1 or 2 subs just for the sake of doing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Meh.... totally losing interest in this now.

I know it's only a game (and a free one at that) but the way FPL has been operating lately is a major turn off imho.

I still have a few money leagues in the balance so I'll probably have a look at some stage and make dozens of drafts, transfers etc. and probably still end up doing worse than some lucky pleb with unlimited transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Has there been anything said about Head to Head leagues? I'm assuming they will continue with the original fixtures?

The FSA Championship is calling my name :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

km79 wrote: »
    So that means I am not allowed play the chip I was holding for the dgw whilst every other chip (unlimited transfers for wc) can be played?
    I had also carried a transfer into gw 30 FFS
    That is going to anger me
    I want the option whether I decide to play it or not

Crelin is just going by ffs by the looks of it and what they think is a FH ahead of 30+ will have the team revert back to your 38 team. I guess it's like how of you make a transfer then use your fh then the transfer is gone when the team comes back so makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

jimmii wrote: »
    Crelin is just going by ffs by the looks of it and what they think is a FH ahead of 30+ will have the team revert back to your 38 team. I guess it's like how of you make a transfer then use your fh then the transfer is gone when the team comes back so makes sense.

It does
    But in a normal week there are also price rises
    And they have stopped those so may also have made it possible for the FH
    The whole point of the unlimited transfers instead of WC was to let people use their chips

I still don’t know if I would anyway
    Prob end up being a DGW trap
    But I’d like the option like those with BB and TC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It's amazing how poorly it's been handled!

For those who play other games (especially if its run by ISM like the Norwegian game) how good have comms been? What have sky been like?
    Sky FF game was completely silent til a couple of days ago. However there it'll resume as it left off. No extra transfers or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It does
    But in a normal week there are also price rises
    And they have stopped those so may also have made it possible for the FH
    The whole point of the unlimited transfers instead of WC was to let people use their chips

I still don’t know if I would anyway
    Prob end up being a DGW trap
    But I’d like the option like those with BB and TC

There doesn't seem to be any official confirmation of it would be good to get it confirmed instead of assume it's the same as normal. We've seen how far we get when we make assumptions with fpl lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'm assuming if we Free Hit in Gw30+

Our teams would revert back to how they are now/how they were at the end of GW38. As would be the case with a free hit played any other time?

So effectively, Freehitters wouldn't get the added advantage of the unlimited transfers/extra wildcard, (i've no idea why they're not just calling it an extra wildcard).

The only advantage i can see to Freehitting is maintaining resale value in exisiting players and not getting stuck with doublers you don't want.

Whereas in gw30+ if you get everyone you want with these unlimited free transfers and bench boost.
    In gw31+ you can wildcard out the players you'd no longer want (for those with a second normal wildcaed remaining).

Ill have to weigh up whats better with a few draft teams.

Simplest way would be to get in cheap DGW-ers, bench boost and then use the players I wont want as bench fodder for the rest of the season, gradually transferring them out week by week.

I've missed this overplanning and selection headaches :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I don't see any way the game could differentiate between the permanent transfers you want to make, and the ones you only want on your Free Hit. It's just not set up to be able to do that unfortunately.

Yeah that's true.

BB for me this week, with players I will be happy to have going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

If I had BB still available activating it on the site would be the first thing I would do now without a doubt. It's a huge advantage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Has there been anything said about Head to Head leagues? I'm assuming they will continue with the original fixtures?

The FSA Championship is calling my name :P

Hope so

Sitting in League 2 relegation zone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm assuming if we Free Hit in Gw30+

Our teams would revert back to how they are now/how they were at the end of GW38. As would be the case with a free hit played any other time?

So effectively, Freehitters wouldn't get the added advantage of the unlimited transfers/extra wildcard, (i've no idea why they're not just calling it an extra wildcard).

The only advantage i can see to Freehitting is maintaining resale value in exisiting players and not getting stuck with doublers you don't want.

Whereas in gw30+ if you get everyone you want with these unlimited free transfers and bench boost.
    In gw31+ you can wildcard out the players you'd no longer want (for those with a second normal wildcaed remaining).

Ill have to weigh up whats better with a few draft teams.

Simplest way would be to get in cheap DGW-ers, bench boost and then use the players I wont want as bench fodder for the rest of the season, gradually transferring them out week by week.

I've missed this overplanning and selection headaches :)

Messing around with my own team here and it's looking like the FH option is better. As there are only 4 teams with doubles, you're going to have a minimum of 3 lads on your bench with single gameweeks. With the amount of value being lost on getting rid of players only to get them back in next week on wildcard, it would be a very expensive way just to get a marginal upgrade on the calibre of bench player for the Bench Boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Don't really understand the rationale for Unlimited Transfers at all?

My team would have been in decent shape this week with 4 DGwers, but I guess I can max it out now.

Have BB, FH and WC in the pocket - anyone in a similar boat?

Seems like this might be a good plan:

GW30: Unlimited Free Transfers (focussed only on this week) and BB to max out the DGW

GW31: WC back to a team that you want for the rest of the season

And then use FH at some other point in time, whenever your team is looking a bit dodge.

Any thoughts on this strategy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They’ve just tweeted to say that all H2H leagues are over. You’d have to wonder what kinds are running that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Morzadec wrote: »

My team would have been in decent shape this week with 4 DGwers, but I guess I can max it out now.

GW30: Unlimited Free Transfers (focussed only on this week) and BB to max out the DGW

And then use FH at some other point in time, whenever your team is looking a bit dodge.

I like that was my exact plan until I realized I used my WC back in Jan :(

So my Unlimited T team will be leaning towards 2-3 weeks but do plan to BB.

CSF wrote: »
    They’ve just tweeted to say that all H2H leagues are over. You’d have to wonder what kinds are running that.

Up for the premier league I go so
    Maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Maybe

Promoted to league 1 now :pac:

I got in to League 2 because somebody didn't reply in time

I've now won league 2 because of COVID19

Astrix champion if I ever saw one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Would it make more sense for me to FH than BB? Here's my gw38 team:

De Gea McCarthy
    Boly TAA Lundstram Maguire Holgate
    Sarr Grealish Salah KDB Fernandes
    Jota DCL Aubameyang

*FH and BB my only remaining chips

Maybe

I’ve won the Premier League, but Jesus that asterix doesn’t half weigh heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Morzadec wrote: »

I'm in the same boat myself. If I was to play a Free Hit, I'd be well set up for GW31 with a load of Liverpool, Leicester and Wolves lads coming back into my team. Using the wildcard option, I'd be forced to sell these and buy them back, dropping a couple of million quid for what looks like a marginal upgrade over a BB that I could put together later in the season.

A free hit team for this week when you dont have to worry about a strong bench looks pretty killer aswell; KDB, Aguero, Ederson, Pepe, Lacazette, Auba plus your pick from Villa and Sheffield.

I'd worry about using my WC this early aswell. We'd only have one week of evidence to base it on. I'd rather hang on to it a few weeks and see who's fit, which teams are trying etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Anyone using the fantasy football manager app on Android? Telling me I've only one transfer. Assuming it just hasn't caught up yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I can't see anything other than those of us with only FH left, who planned to use it this week, have been royally f***ed over. Just as well my enthusiasm had ebbed away anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

keano_afc wrote: »
    Anyone using the fantasy football manager app on Android? Telling me I've only one transfer. Assuming it just hasn't caught up yet.

Mine says unlimited transfers,I had 2 ft up till now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Jesus lads there is some pity party in here today

No matter what way it was handled people were going to be unhappy. The fixtures have moved around so unlimited transfers now make sense. People have used their BB will complain but those with it left were probably banking on a much larger DGW with better fixtures.
    Not being able to use the FH this week is a pain but that’s the rule of the chip. There’s people who have used their FH who would be up in arms if that rule was changed to suit us.

I used my BB in GW29, cost me big time but I still think this is a fair way of resolving things.

The cancelling of H2H leagues makes zero sense though

Green&Red wrote: »

No matter what way it was handled people were going to be unhappy. The fixtures have moved around so unlimited transfers now make sense. People have used their BB will complain but those with it left were probably banking on a much larger DGW with better fixtures.
    Not being able to use the FH this week is a pain but that’s the rule of the chip. There’s people who have used their FH who would be up in arms if that rule was changed to suit us.

I used my BB in GW29, cost me big time but I still think this is a fair way of resolving things.

It’s really not a pity party to expect them to stick with the rules they put in place when the whole COVID thing started.

People strategised accordingly. There are bigger things in life than FPL but FPL is the one that we’re discussing at the moment.

CSF wrote: »
    It’s really not a pity party to expect them to stick with the rules they put in place when the whole COVID thing started.

People strategised accordingly. There are bigger things in life than FPL but FPL is the one that we’re discussing at the moment.

What rules did they put in place?

I missed that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

It's amazing how poorly it's been handled!

For those who play other games (especially if its run by ISM like the Norwegian game) how good have comms been? What have sky been like?

Sky FF communication hasn't been great but they haven't changed the rules so no extra transfers which is fair enough. I'm in top 100 in it with 7 transfers left so wouldn't have minded a few more but its the right call.

Green&Red wrote: »

They have changed the rule about price changes
    If I do forego the unlimited free transfers in favour of a FH I will also lose the FT I carried into gw30
    So it is very very very annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Is it possible to play Free Hit and Bench Boost in the same week?

I've been messing around with Free Hit selections there but can't see the BB option anywhere now?

• Advertisement

They have changed the rule about price changes
    If I do forego the unlimited free transfers in favour of a FH I will also lose the FT I carried into gw30
    So it is very very very annoying

In fairness the mistake there was letting people make transfers from GW30-38 - what should have happened is your team reverting to GW29.

They can't allow price changes this week because the think would meltdown, its just not practical, you'd have people making 1m+ on price changes

Advertisement