Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

skippy15 wrote: »
    I know frozen for this week, but are they back functional next week?

Well there won’t be the same number of transfers next week. Transfers in and out will reset Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Seems to be very little love for Laporte for this week. He's done well for me in other DGWs so I have him in with Kun and KDB for City.

If not him, then I downgrade and squeeze Mahrez in

He’s arguably City’s most important player the thinking could be that they’ll wrap him up a bit. Every second game maybe or early sub

What’s with the recent Pepe love ?

I thought people were off him.

My main decision now is -

Sterling & Mount

Or

Mahrez & Pepe

I’ve had Pepe in from the start but mostly because I’m ignorant and going off his price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

What’s with the recent Pepe love ?

I thought people were off him.

My main decision now is -

Sterling & Mount

Or

Mahrez & Pepe

I’ve had Pepe in from the start but mostly because I’m ignorant and going off his price.

Sterling & Mount all day for me. But I am very anti-Pepe.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Bench Boost, going with this bar something dramatic overnight

Reina Ramsdale
    Egan Stevens Alonso Doherty Cahill
    Sterling KDB McGinn Grealish Fleck
    Aub Aguero Ings

All my SGW guys have nice fixtures 32, when I'll play the WC afterwards. FH next week.

Arsenal are not good enough to justify anymore imo. Liverpool definitely the concern.

Just in the top 1,200 so real chance to get dizzy I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I've all my chips left so what do people reckon of below

Load up on DGW players and bench boost for gw 30.

Below was a team I just came up that I can afford

Henderson, Reina

Baldock, Lundstram, Laporte, Soyuncu, Targett

Pepe, KDB, Fernandes, Saka, Grealish

Aguero, Auba, Ings

Would give me the full 12 for a bench boost.

I could then FH for GW31 and put another team together of best single gameweek guys there

Then wildcard on 32 as we see where players and teams stand and put together a side for the run in, and use the TC on whatever gameweek someone like Aguero or KDB have an excellent game (Norwich week 38 maybe if you knew they'd play)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Bench Boost, going with this bar something dramatic overnight

Reina Ramsdale
    Egan Stevens Alonso Doherty Cahill
    Sterling KDB McGinn Grealish Fleck
    Aub Aguero Ings

All my SGW guys have nice fixtures 32, when I'll play the WC afterwards. FH next week.

Arsenal are not good enough to justify anymore imo. Liverpool definitely the concern.

Just in the top 1,200 so real chance to get dizzy I hope.

Nice team. Maybe a Newcastle defender instead of Cahill? That'd be my only change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Seems to be very little love for Laporte for this week. He's done well for me in other DGWs so I have him in with Kun and KDB for City.

If not him, then I downgrade and squeeze Mahrez in

I have him in.

Switches to Mahrez but after thinking about it a while i prefer Laporte and the extra funds. I think he likely plays both, cleanies are possible and he's a set piece threat.

Mahrez is more fun, but I think Laporte is the sensible choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Morzadec wrote: »
    I have him in.

Switches to Mahrez but after thinking about it a while i prefer Laporte and the extra funds. I think he likely plays both, cleanies are possible and he's a set piece threat.

Mahrez is more fun, but I think Laporte is the sensible choice

I have Laporte too. He's played 3 of the 5 since he came back, 3 clean sheets. My only concern is why he missed the other 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Currently have a bench of 3 Sheff United players - Egan, Basham, McBurnie. Perfect BB material

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone know for the Draft Leagues (H2H)

Even though they're cancelled, A) are waivers still possible and B) will the league eventually disappear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Talk to me guys, just logged in for the first time since March.

Is this a free wildcard??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hi I'm Mr P, you may remember me from such movies as "I can't believe you actually did that!" and "Put the glue down"...

I guess I should assemble some players and make a push up the rankings, right? :)

Hi I'm Mr P, you may remember me from such movies as "I can't believe you actually did that!" and "Put the glue down"...

I guess I should assemble some players and make a push up the rankings, right? :)

My word, we should get the old group back together :pac:

Great to hear from you, can you address my last question please?

It appears you can make unlimited free transfers but then you won't be able to use your free hit this week to take advantage of the DGW??
    Bloody confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It appears you can make unlimited free transfers but then you won't be able to use your free hit this week to take advantage of the DGW??
    Bloody confusing

Make the FSA great again? :pac:

I'm the wrong person to answer the question, cos I've skimmed at best through here for the past few weeks! That sounds like it makes sense but I don't know....

Maybe some young whippersnapper can help us cocooners out please?

Also maybe tell me who the hot punts are so that I can feel like I belong? Rashford and PVA are bound to do stuff, Sterling too? I hear Sheffield United defenders are in vogue

Apparently Pepe is in my team, and now I remember that Auba was my TC during the week lockdown happened.

Sorry I'm rambling now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Bloody confusing

You can only do one or the other yes
    My original plan was to set up for next few weeks with unlimited transfers
    And then play free hit (my last chip) to take advantage of the DGW
    However it has been clarified that all unlimited transfers would revert to original team next week then
    Pretty unfair that TC and BB can be used in conjunction with unlimited transfers but FH cant

Im over it now though :D

I know this is pure lazy and feel free to tell me to feck off and do my own work but i used to be a name around here:cool::o

Are there likely to be many more DGWs? I'm unsure what to do and I've very little time to devote to it before the deadline.

I know this is pure lazy and feel free to tell me to feck off and do my own work but i used to be a name around here:cool::o

Are there likely to be many more DGWs? I'm unsure what to do and I've very little time to devote to it before the deadline.

Unlikely
    What chips have you left?

km79 wrote: »
    Unlikely
    What chips have you left?

I have all my chips,
    so if there's no more DGW's I'm thinking use the GW30 wild card to load up on DGWs and then use my own wild card to fix it up next week,
    sound good??

I have all my chips,
    so if there's no more DGW's I'm thinking use the GW30 wild card to load up on DGWs and then use my own wild card to fix it up next week,
    sound good??

And bench boost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I have all my chips,
    sound good??

From what I can gather the general plan for most with all chips left seems to be:

1. BB this week and then FH GW31 and WC in GW32
    2. BB this week then WC GW31 and FH for the last GW of the season
    3. FH this week if you have a good team for 31 and WC and BB in the following weeks as it suits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Using my last chip - FH- think my original team is strong enough so rolling the dice - leading in a couple of MLs so hoping to build on that lead.

Leno
    Stevens Baldock TAA Mings
    Fleck KDB Grealish Sterking
    Auba Kun (c)
    Subs Jimmi Cantwell Tomori Button

Only change i may make is baldock out, lord in. The ceiling with the lord is so much higher and I see he scored in a recent behind closed door friendly, anyone read anything on his likelihood of starting tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Am i the only one who feels like the whole thing is a total game of chance even more so then usual now!?

Theres no way of knowing what condition half the players are in or how long they will last. Especially with 5 subs being allowed.

De Bruyne is the most ill touch with City id imagine. I fancied Rashford but now im not sure based on Oles comments.

Will the likes of Danny Ings and Calvert Lewin keep there previous form running or will they fade off i wonder. Someone like Vardy could be a gamble worth going for if you have the money spare.

Its wrecking my head even more then usual :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Am i the only one who feels like the whole thing is a total game of chance even more so then usual now!?

Theres no way of knowing what condition half the players are in or how long they will last. Especially with 5 subs being allowed.

De Bruyne is the most ill touch with City id imagine. I fancied Rashford but now im not sure based on Oles comments.

Will the likes of Danny Ings and Calvert Lewin keep there previous form running or will they fade off i wonder. Someone like Vardy could be a gamble worth going for if you have the money spare.

Its wrecking my head even more then usual :D

Which Ole comments are these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lads, Reina starts for Villa yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Players that were rested during the Christmas period might be more likely to get a rest or 2 from now til season's end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Lads, Reina starts for Villa yes?

Likely but by no means guaranteed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Will Bruno be on penos now I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Going Bench Boost as there won't be other DGWs.

Reina-Leno

Alonso-Saiss-Stephens-TAA-Justin

Salah-KDB-Grealish-Bruno-Fleck

Auba-Nketiah-Jimi

Anybody see any flaws?

Advertisement