Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Interesting, Further down he reveals he works closely with Sheff Utd..

https://twitter.com/SteveMackan/status/1272927794863968258

Am i the only one who feels like the whole thing is a total game of chance even more so then usual now!?

Theres no way of knowing what condition half the players are in or how long they will last. Especially with 5 subs being allowed.

De Bruyne is the most ill touch with City id imagine. I fancied Rashford but now im not sure based on Oles comments.:D

Can’t believe more is not being made of this.

I think it’s turned the competition into a crapshoot which is a shame.

Might as well pick your players, from a pool of playing players, blindfolded.

My partner won’t be finishing the season so I’ll use her team to experiment with and see how it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can’t believe more is not being made of this.

I think it’s turned the competition into a crapshoot which is a shame.

Might as well pick your players, from a pool of playing players, blindfolded.

My partner won’t be finishing the season so I’ll use her team to experiment with and see how it does.

Do you really think it’s gonna be that different from how it was before the break? I mean, as a Villa fan who felt condemned to relegation, I would love to think so, but in reality I think the good teams/players will continue to be good and the same for bad ones.

The home advantage will obviously diminish, the crowd will no longer have an influence over refereeing decisions, but ultimately I expect more of the same. One of the things that had been observed from the Bundesliga was the ball had been in play for 2 minutes longer on average which reduces the chances of clean sheets marginally, but like I said it will be marginal.

I think the situation benefits the stronger players rather than being random, because patterns will inevitably emerge, and in spite of the FPL twitter account (the worst thing on the internet outside of Katie Hopkin’s twitter page) spoonfeeding people, it will invariably be the strong players who adjust best to these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭shmeee

Rumours of Fleck and Jack O'Connell out for tomorrows clash. Again rumours but it makes my mind up on a triple Sheff Utd defence and the return of the Lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

shmeee wrote: »
    Rumours of Fleck and Jack O'Connell out for tomorrows clash. Again rumours but it makes my mind up on a triple Sheff Wed defence and the return of the Lord.

Now that would be unreal seeing Sheffield Wednesday in the premiership again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭shmeee

Darksoul wrote: »
    Now that would be unreal seeing Sheffield Wednesday in the premiership again.

:D:D:D

Its 1am and me mind is all over the shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

My word, we should get the old group back together :pac:

Great to hear from you, can you address my last question please?

It appears you can make unlimited free transfers but then you won't be able to use your free hit this week to take advantage of the DGW??
    Bloody confusing

Are we getting the band back together?!

CSF wrote: »
    Do you really think it’s gonna be that different from how it was before the break? I mean, as a Villa fan who felt condemned to relegation, I would love to think so, but in reality I think the good teams/players will continue to be good and the same for bad ones.

The home advantage will obviously diminish, the crowd will no longer have an influence over refereeing decisions, but ultimately I expect more of the same. One of the things that had been observed from the Bundesliga was the ball had been in play for 2 minutes longer on average which reduces the chances of clean sheets marginally, but like I said it will be marginal.

I think the situation benefits the stronger players rather than being random, because patterns will inevitably emerge, and in spite of the FPL twitter account (the worst thing on the internet outside of Katie Hopkin’s twitter page) spoonfeeding people, it will invariably be the strong players who adjust best to these.

Ah. I think there’s an understanding problem here.

By ‘competition’ I meant FPL.

The randomness of things now mean we haven’t a chance to predict. Well I don't feel like I have.

I don’t think much will change in terms of what we expect from the final standings in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I am reasonably happy with my team already with no changes (below) :

Hendo/Button
    Lord/TAA/Doherty/Taylor (Burnley)/Lascelles
    Salah/Mane/Bruno/Martial/Guendouzi
    Auba/Jimi/Greenwood

One chip left. FH. Is it worth risking the FH to load up on City, Arsenal, Villa, Sheff Utd do you think ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

jaykay74 wrote: »

Hendo/Button
    Auba/Jimi/Greenwood

One chip left. FH. Is it worth risking the FH to load up on City, Arsenal, Villa, Sheff Utd do you think ?

Yes, no other doubles likely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,150 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jaykay74 wrote: »

Hendo/Button
    Auba/Jimi/Greenwood

I also only have FH left and am thinking to go for it with this DGW.

My current team is pretty decent apart from my bench players which can be remedied with free transfers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Going Bench Boost as there won't be other DGWs.

Reina-Leno

Alonso-Saiss-Stephens-TAA-Justin

Salah-KDB-Grealish-Bruno-Fleck

Auba-Nketiah-Jimi

Anybody see any flaws?

Need some SHU defenders, I'd get rid of Alonso/Reina for Henderson/Stevens. Would prefer Aguero over PEA as well if you can afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Final FH draft (I think)
    Leno
    TAA Lund Egan Mings
    KdB Sterling Grealish
    Aguero PEA Abraham

Poor bench
    Martin Douglas.L Guendozi Simpson

0.1m for a possible last min upgrade of Egan to O'Connell depending on team news.
    Could downgrade TAA but I'd be watching the derby behind the sofa on Sunday with no Pool players.
    Went Mings over Fleck, which I'm unsure about but the injury news forces my hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Im wondering if this team is too lopsided for the DGW when I have no WC left, using BB this week and have FH/TC left. Should I maybe take some DGW players out in preparation for the run in?

Team is
    Leno (Henderson)
    TAA Mings Stevens Walker (Lundstrom)
    KDB Grealish Bruno (Saka) (Douglas Luiz)
    PEA Kun Ings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Happy enough with the team i have so think i'm gonna forgo the free tranfers and just play a normal free hit this week.
    Have the team looking like this fo this week:

Leno
    Doherty - Egan - Basham
    Grealish - Mane - Sterling - KDB - Saka
    Auba - Aguero

Button - Williams- Hanley - Greenwood

0.0 ITB , any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Apologies if asked already. I've made a few changes to team with the extra wildcard with long term view. If I now do free hit for maxing out the DGW will team revert to current selection I want for rest of season or to team prior to wildcard changes. I assume its how the team is now but just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

thomasm wrote: »
      Apologies if asked already. I've made a few changes to team with the extra wildcard with long term view. If I now do free hit for maxing out the DGW will team revert to current selection I want for rest of season or to team prior to wildcard changes. I assume its how the team is now but just to be sure

If you use your free tranfers and then your free hit, i think the team reverts back to your pre covid selection for GW31 onwards. So your free tranfers get cancelled out basically and you revert to your old squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Nerdlingr wrote: »

If you use your free tranfers and then your free hit, i think the team reverts back to your pre covid selection for GW31 onwards. So your free tranfers get cancelled out basically and you revert to your old squad.

Correct

Need some SHU defenders, I'd get rid of Alonso/Reina for Henderson/Stevens. Would prefer Aguero over PEA as well if you can afford it

I actually changed things up based on the news that Fleck is injured...
        I already had Stevens (spelt badly) and still do and a full SHU compliment now.

Alonso is like my 'secret weapon' I want to keep his as a differential, he scores goals when he plays and it looks like he will..

Now have:

Reina-Leno

Alonso-Saiss-Stevens-TAA-Lundstram

Salah-KDB-Grealish-Bruno-Norwood

Auba-Nketiah-Jimi

0.3 ITB, would like to get rid of Reina but it looks like he will satrt and no other DGW GK in the price bracket...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

planet fpl's Man City guy saying that Aguero not starting tonight

It begins...

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »

It begins...

What’s his following like ?

As in does he have much to lose if wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

It begins...

https://twitter.com/PlanetFPLPod/status/1273210928197185543?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I actually changed things up based on the news that Fleck is injured...
        I already had Stevens (spelt badly) and still do and a full SHU compliment now.

Alonso is like my 'secret weapon' I want to keep his as a differential, he scores goals when he plays and it looks like he will..

Now have:

Reina-Leno

Alonso-Saiss-Stevens-TAA-Lundstram

Salah-KDB-Grealish-Bruno-Norwood

Auba-Nketiah-Jimi

0.3 ITB, would like to get rid of Reina but it looks like he will satrt and no other DGW GK in the price bracket...

I'd do Norwood to Cantwell/Saka and try upgrade Reina to Henderson myself. Talk that Reina may not start and I wouldnt fancy villa to keep a CS in either game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Talk that Reina may not start and I wouldnt fancy villa to keep a CS in either game

Shut your filthy mouth Kenneth he'll get 2 clean sheets and 9 save points across the games :pac:

I'd do Norwood to Cantwell/Saka and try upgrade Reina to Henderson myself. Talk that Reina may not start and I wouldnt fancy villa to keep a CS in either game

Yeah I know but then I have 2 main keepers for the rest of the season and i don’t want to be switching between them or wasting a transfer.
        In an ideal world we will get leaked info on Nyland starting and then it’s an easy switch with money itb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It begins...

Sure he's almost certain not to start one of them

Very little for City to play for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Can't decide on below any thoughts

KDB & Aguero

Or

KDB & Sterling

Can't see Aguero starting both

Anyone following this account?

He says he has all the line ups leaked to him.

https://twitter.com/FplLeaker

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

He says he has all the line ups leaked to him.

Anyone following this account?

If he is right I need to move McGinn on

Advertisement