Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone following this account?

He says he has all the line ups leaked to him.

https://twitter.com/FplLeaker

As if there was any doubt, this lad confirmed to be full of sh!te. Another one for the blocked list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

If I’d known Keinan Davis was starting I’d have gotten him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

ScummyMan wrote: »
    As if there was any doubt, this lad confirmed to be full of sh!te. Another one for the blocked list

https://twitter.com/FplWardrobe/status/1273272281347784704

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

When do price changes start kicking in again fellas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

When do price changes start kicking in again fellas?

Transfers made since update today count towards changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

When do price changeos start kicking in again fellas?

Usually 2.30am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

F1ngers wrote: »
    Transfers made since update today count towards changes.

Looking at FPL statistics I would say it is pure guesswork for today and prob the next few days. I will not be making any so doesn't bother me!

km79 wrote: »
    Looking at FPL statistics I would say it is pure guesswork for today and prob the next few days. I will not be making any so doesn't bother me!

I'm not saying price changes will happen tonight, just that the price freeze is over, afaIk.

I know it’s already been said but the decision to have unlimited transfers, going in to this GW, was pathetic beyond belief.

They’ve only got off lightly because the ‘community’ didn’t bust their balls about it which was also pathetic. Not one serious player can say it was a fair move. Without lying of course.

To effectively be able to use 2 chips, in one GW, is a joke. Any good players with that option will kill you. So all the hours of work on FPL has been in vain.

****ing joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I know it’s already been said but the decision to have unlimited transfers, going in to this GW, was pathetic beyond belief.

They’ve only got off lightly because the ‘community’ didn’t bust their balls about it which was also pathetic. Not one serious player can say it was a fair move. Without lying of course.

To effectively be able to use 2 chips, in one GW, is a joke. Any good players with that option will kill you. So all the hours of work on FPL has been in vain.

****ing joke.

The ability to combine it with bench boost was a bit of a joke alright
    It’s killing me
    And that’s after having to play FH (my last chip ) to try and negate the effects of it and not even make the unlimited transfers . I also lost one FT which I carried into original Gw30
    That’s really bugging me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

****ing joke.

No more a joke than ending the head to head leagues cos they can't program the game right. The fact that only 25% teams are still active tells its own story - teams that could have been set up to finish well in both classic and head to head leagues were screwed over. No wonder people are abandoning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

****ing joke.

Have to agree an absolute joke of a decision. The way the fixtures panned out with arsenal/city postponed in gw29 due to covid and then being added in as a dgw 30 made it as fair as you could get it. The people that had players in place for that game in gw29 that got screwed by that cancellation would have had those same players in place for gw30+. I had a lad in my work league that had no arsenal or city players for dgw29 he captained salah and got a huge boost due to arsenal and city being cancelled. So when fixtures for 30+ are announced he had no dgw players so he should have had a decision to make with transfers/ hits. I already had 5 dgw players in place. So by giving unlimited transfers he can get in who he wants and he gets in kdb and triple captains him along with other dgw players and Im forced to use my free hit to keep pace.

It makes me feel a little better that others are seriously pissed off because you wouldn’t know anyone is as I haven’t heard many complaints.

Especially within the ‘community’ of podcasts and websites. They are really annoying in their silence.

Anyway. I’m going to have to get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Totally agree especially after giving away so little ahead of the original deadlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Yeah they’ve essentially given players who had there bench boost and wildcard left a monumental advantage.

The fact that the cheap defenders of Sheff/Villa and Leno all scored so well along with City thumping Arsenal has compounded the situation.

But at end of day the people only had a chance to make these mistakes due to the pandemic so I’m trying to just take it on the chin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

It makes me feel a little better that others are seriously pissed off because you wouldn’t know anyone is as I haven’t heard many complaints.

Especially within the ‘community’ of podcasts and websites. They are really annoying in their silence.

Anyway. I’m going to have to get over it.

I'm more annoyed that the Stevie wonders in Hawkeye allowed that goal giving the leader in the only money league that I have a chance of cashing a double Villa clean sheet. Also lost out on all h2h , having TC'd Auba just before the break.
    I put it all down to Covid though, just happy that it's back and will just try and enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭macraignil

Have to agree an absolute joke of a decision. The way the fixtures panned out with arsenal/city postponed in gw29 due to covid and then being added in as a dgw 30 made it as fair as you could get it. The people that had players in place for that game in gw29 that got screwed by that cancellation would have had those same players in place for gw30+. I had a lad in my work league that had no arsenal or city players for dgw29 he captained salah and got a huge boost due to arsenal and city being cancelled. So when fixtures for 30+ are announced he had no dgw players so he should have had a decision to make with transfers/ hits. I already had 5 dgw players in place. So by giving unlimited transfers he can get in who he wants and he gets in kdb and triple captains him along with other dgw players and Im forced to use my free hit to keep pace.

Lots of time and free transfers to change players between 29 and 30 so I don't agree with your point that those screwed over by 29 would necessarily have those same players in place for 30+. It's a game of chance. Game cancellations work out bad for some and good for others. I had Aguero as captain in 29 when I would have gone Salah if there was not a planned double game week. Not annoyed but just think some reasonable choices have worked out very bad for my scores on a few occasions this season so not going to worry about my final position. Just going getting some practice in for next season which is not very far away now.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just looking over my GW ranks and I cant work out how I got a red arrow and ended up worse off OR after GW 38 compared to GW 30? It's only 1k a difference but what does it base it on when points score were zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shmeee wrote: »
    Just looking over my GW ranks and I cant work out how I got a red arrow and ended up worse off OR after GW 38 compared to GW 30? It's only 1k a difference but what does it base it on when points score were zero?

If you made transfers in that time it affected rank.

There could have been 1000 people on same number of points as you, but you'd drop if you've made more transfers than them overall.

Other than that, I've no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

macraignil wrote: »
    Lots of time and free transfers to change players between 29 and 30 so I don't agree with your point that those screwed over by 29 would necessarily have those same players in place for 30+. It's a game of chance. Game cancellations work out bad for some and good for others. I had Aguero as captain in 29 when I would have gone Salah if there was not a planned double game week. Not annoyed but just think some reasonable choices have worked out very bad for my scores on a few occasions this season so not going to worry about my final position. Just going getting some practice in for next season which is not very far away now.:pac:

Not everyone but the majority of people wouldnt have made a transfer between 29 and 30 and I would be 100% sure the lad in my work league wouldnt have given his team a second thought once the game stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Been offline since yesterday so apologies if this has been asked but i cant seem to see the fixtures anywhere for our H2H league? I can only see my own match score and who im playing for the remaining GWs :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Been offline since yesterday so apologies if this has been asked but i cant seem to see the fixtures anywhere for our H2H league?

Who wants to tell him?

Who wants to tell him?

Just found out, when did they announce it? Given me a huge headache, especially as im leading our one and holding the prizemoney

Just found out, when did they announce it? Given me a huge headache, especially as im leading our one and holding the prizemoney

You won your H2H league so congrats?!

:pac:

You won your H2H league so congrats?!

:pac:

Ah i cant declare that, ffs why on earth have they done this, if i could even see the remaining matches id update it myself for the last few weeks

Ah i cant declare that, ffs why on earth have they done this, if i could even see the remaining matches id update it myself for the last few weeks

I volunteer as tribute to take the winnings

30 - 38 = 30+ - 38+.

I volunteer as tribute to take the winnings

Cheers, appreciate that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Are the fixtures after this week the same as the original gameweeks??

Might be time to dig out the old Excel file from the archives..... slightly less useful now given the lack of DGWs but might be useful for anyone with WC and/or FH left.

I'll post it up here if I can find it

Advertisement