Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Green&Red wrote:
    Stats and I listen to a lot of podcasts. I like FPL renegades, hopefully they come back and FML FPL, they backed Ritchie, on penalties and Newcastle have great fixtures, he’ll start every week apart from 34+ and 38+, so that made sense to me. Paid off today.

What sites do you use for stats? Have reduced my watching of games in recent years but watch MoTD. I struggle to agree with some of the podcast and article picks I see based on what I see from highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What sites do you use for stats? Have reduced my watching of games in recent years but watch MoTD. I struggle to agree with some of the podcast and article picks I see based on what I see from highlights.

FPL site itself and WhoScored.com. FFS have some good tables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭shmeee

Green&Red wrote: »
    It’s brilliant and hilarious. You leave it for five minutes and come back to three pages of new posts and you know something huge has happened.

And usually a post with nothing only:

"Kun"

"Jimi"

"Salahhhhhhh"

"Why is Auba still in my team?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

shmeee wrote: »
    And usually a post with nothing only:

"Kun"

"Jimi"

"Salahhhhhhh"

"Why is Auba still in my team?"

Never again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I reckon burnley will struggle the last 9 games. Barnes and Wood injured. Lennon, hendrick and bardsley have yet to sign contract extensions and only have till tomorrow meaning less options . Nothing really to play for. Think the home crowd and the old school setting of turf moor really helps them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What's the best week from now to the end to use a FH? Are there any GW's people have identified as the best for fixtures? Liverpool and City being done next week isn't going to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,520 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What's the best week from now to the end to use a FH? Are there any GW's people have identified as the best for fixtures? Liverpool and City being done next week isn't going to help.

This week was the stand out for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Shedite27 wrote: »

I'm holding it for GW38 to load up on teams still fighting for something and the likes of Dilva who are playing last games for their clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I'm holding it for GW38 to load up on teams still fighting for something and the likes of Dilva who are playing last games for their clubs

Yeah think I might end up doing the same. Fixtures aren't ideal for it, and no sure Silva "saying goodbye" is quite the same in an empty stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,150 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Anyone thinking of tripling up on Man United attack? It's a high risk/high reward strategy but they looked very good today and their fixtures couldn't be much better.

I was going to get Son in for 33+ onwards but thinking Rashford might be a better bet from then on.

That would leave me with Fernandes, Martial and Rashford from GW33+ on as I intend to bank this gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

Anyone thinking of tripling up on Man United attack? It's a high risk/high reward strategy but they looked very good today and their fixtures couldn't be much better.

I was going to get Son in for 33+ onwards but thinking Rashford might be a better bet from then on.

That would leave me with Fernandes, Martial and Rashford from GW33+ on as I intend to bank this gameweek.

I got Son instead of Martial so I’m willing to give him another week or two. As much as I’d like to triple up I feel like I missed the boat with Martial. As someone said earlier, United probably won’t play an easier game. Villa and Brighton both fighting for their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,150 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Trey13 wrote: »
    I got Son instead of Martial so I’m willing to give him another week or two. As much as I’d like to triple up I feel like I missed the boat with Martial. As someone said earlier, United probably won’t play an easier game. Villa and Brighton both fighting for their lives.

I think given the fact those teams are fighting for their lives they may look to attack more which could play into United attacker's hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

For anybody else scared to watch the rest of the GW with no City players, the best football crests competition is well underway...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058089129/41

What podcasts are people listening to? Basically I’m looking for the types who would analyse lots of the underlying data, rather than those twitter superstar types who are more ‘5 options you can captain this week’ or ‘5 differentials for the week’ where it feels like a case of trying to fill space and generate clicks rather than speaking when they have something to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

What now for Pep-roulette? Is he such a troll as to play the kids against Liverpool next week, then focus on the cups and rotate every week.

I’d imagine Liverpool will be full gas next week but after that it’s got to be beach time

GetWithIt wrote: »
    What now for Pep-roulette? Is he such a troll as to play the kids against Liverpool next week, then focus on the cups and rotate every week.

I’d imagine Liverpool will be full gas next week but after that it’s got to be beach time

I think he will go near full strength tbh
    They will have to give a guard of honour . I think he is respectful enough to do that with his first team or close enough to it .
    It could be a bit of a shoot out now . Which I am fine with !
    Captaincy currently on salah!
    City are miles behind for a reason . Their defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

What do we do with Liverpool players now?

Assume hold as they want the points total?

Salah will still be pushing for golden boot I imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is anyone worried about the rise of cases in Europe and the possibility of a second surge before the summer's out? I see the WHO are expressing concern, and if media images are anything to go by, the English public seem to think they're over the worst of it.

I have a FH chip available and was thinking about trying to keep it until GW38, but now wondering if it's best to use it early to be on the safe side in case the game is halted again?

Is anyone worried about the rise of cases in Europe and the possibility of a second surge before the summer's out? I see the WHO are expressing concern, and if media images are anything to go by, the English public seem to think they're over the worst of it.

I have a FH chip available and was thinking about trying to keep it until GW38, but now wondering if it's best to use it early to be on the safe side in case the game is halted again?

Think the risk of the leagues being disrupted within the next 30 days is low.

The fact that they have the testing now will likely mean those that are testing positive are not leading to the whole thing being cancelled like the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Not worried. Increased testing equals increased cases. Hospitalizations and deaths down, which is really the significant factor.

I would be more worried about city players.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think you hold until there is a reason not to. Anyone trying to get ahead could be really punished

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I think you hold until there is a reason not to. Anyone trying to get ahead could be really punished

I'm thinking the same. I'll be keeping Salah and TAA. They've no CL to worry about too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think there is no chance the season wont be finished.

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1276494878067904512

Not what I wanted to hear
    Hopefully full strength for city and Villa

km79 wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1276494878067904512

Not what I wanted to hear
    Hopefully full strength for city and Villa

I’m grateful as a Villa fan for the fact that Villa will surely be the highest amount of rotation. It’s 3 days after City which they will surely be full strength for.

CSF wrote: »
    I’m grateful as a Villa fan for the fact that Villa will surely be the highest amount of rotation. It’s 3 days after City which they will surely be full strength for.

First "home" game since they won the title though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CSF wrote: »
    km79 wrote: »
    First "home" game since they won the title though

Salah in with a shout of the Golden Boot too.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Salah in with a shout of the Golden Boot too.

Yeah I’ll be keeping himself and TaA. Will sell mane after gw33

Advertisement